Birds of Prey BoP Box Office Thread

Edit: Number of screens have gone down to 25 % of the number of screens that were available at the time of Opening (On 7th Feb).

Also, due to Corona virus scare not many people are going to Theaters, which will result in slow crawl of BoP's collections to reach $200 mil worldwide.

We will have to see how this movie does in Japan , when it opens on 20th this month. The Corona effect is causing low collections throughout the world. WB has not released this movie in China.

Last edited:
Most of the Theaters in US are closing down due to Corona virus. For what's worth, Birds of Prey is now at $199 million (worldwide) It's almost there at $200 mil mark, not that's a great Total or anything but many were expecting this movie to finish at lot less.

Dunno what's happening with that Japan release that's scheduled on 20th March.

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn - Box Office Mojo

bfp.jpg

Yeah, looks like it's still on track to be released..

But, BoP is also getting released as VoD on 24 th.

Huh. Surprising, but good for the film.

On an unrelated note, really like that artwork. Wouldn't mind reading a short BoP manga in that art style.

At least that will push it over 200 WW, so that’s something, I guess.

The effect of Corona virus is still there, not everyone will be willing to go into theaters right now, even if things are under control.

Three day opening with $2 M is good under present circumstances, if it manages to reach $5 M, we are looking at worldwide $204 M, which is satisfactory.

It seems if it wasn’t for the effect of COVID-19 this would have done a little better in Japan, shame, hopefully China release is not far off.

Theatrical runs of all movies will be affected till they (bio-medical researchers) find some vaccine or effective medicine.

I liked the posters, thought the trailers were rubbish but loved the final film. I think they could have done a lot better on the marketing and given more of a hint of how good Harley is in this.

I don't have any agenda's when choosing what movie to see, if I like what I see in the trailer and good buzz will only spur me on to see it.

however, this movie, from what I saw in the trailers, just looked a hot, hyper active mess of a movie, it tonally looked off from what I knew before and I felt like the movie would be too much for me. That's what I got from the trailer.

Judging by peoples comments, the trailers didn't do it any justice.

I don't have any agenda's when choosing what movie to see, if I like what I see in the trailer and good buzz will only spur me on to see it.

however, this movie, from what I saw in the trailers, just looked a hot, hyper active mess of a movie, it tonally looked off from what I knew before and I felt like the movie would be too much for me. That's what I got from the trailer.

Judging by peoples comments, the trailers didn't do it any justice.
I was up for this film from start to finish but the trailer I just saw and thought it looked bad and never saw it again. That’s unusual for me as I often watch CBM trailers many times. It did put some doubt in me when I went to see the film, but then I loved it.

How much money would WW1984 lose if it did this, or, if it indeed was able to be streamed on the DC or WB service

BoP has made $2.9 million so far in Japan, though some Theaters are now closing down due to COVID-19 fears.

The Worldwide Total should be at $202.05 mil at this point.

Last edited:
So, Birds of Prey in Japan is almost at $4 million. Not bad considering the fact that COVID-19 has resulted in closure of many theaters there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"