Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as if First Class helped The Wolverine in North America.

And like as if Origins Wolverine was gonna outgross X-Men 3 even if X-Men 3 turned out be as great as X2. Prequels or spin-off usually tend to gross lower than the previous films.

And as if First Class helped The Wolverine in the North America.

The previous film called Wolverine is what hurt another film called Wolverine in the US box office. You are aware of all of this Psy.

But First Class is still a X-Men film.

Yes and it felt the backlash of X3 and XMOW. As did a film starring Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

We are beyond this now. All IP's of the X-Men franchise are in good shape. Be it Wolverine or X-Men. Both IP's needed to make up and convince audiences they are no longer making ****** films. If DOFP was released right after XMOW, it would not have faired as well.

Read what you said.

And somehow this doesn't apply to First Class because reasons? Okay.

I said lead. Meaning any sequel to First Class, was gonna be more successful. Any Wolverine film following The Wolverine was gonna be more successful.

Films that followed X3 and XMOW were not. DOFP would not have done well following from those films. It would have to build good word again.

You never posted lead and First Class wasn't even a sequel to Origins/X3 but okay, somehow First Class doesn't apply to "Good X-Men films lead to more money (at least in North America)".

I wasn't talking about like/dislike meter, the point is more views doesn't mean more bigger box office gross. Another example for this is Fifty Shades of Grey which almost tripled DOFP's 1st trailer views and doubled Deadpool's first trailer views.
It really shouldn't be hard to figure why the trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey got a lot of views.

You never posted lead and First Class wasn't even a sequel to Origins/X3 but okay, somehow First Class doesn't apply to "Good X-Men films lead to more money (at least in North America)".
You don't seem to understand what he's saying: FC generated positive buzz for the franchise by being well-received. That sort of thing only sets in over time. That's a reason why, e.g., Batman Begins was an okay performer in its theatrical run but the franchise exploded in the period between that and the release of The Dark Knight. FC was coming off two very poorly-received films, and suffered as a result. Turning around perceptions of a franchise can take time. The X-Men franchise has been building its reputation since 2011, and is coming off DOFP, which was highly successful and by any reasonable measure could be expected to make people interested in its main characters and want to see them in more films.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. The point is youtube views doesn't equate to bigger box-office gross. It varies.

You quoted me saying lead.

And yet you used X3/Origins' bad critical acclaim to why First Class grossed lower??? But we can't use First Class' good critical acclaim to benefit The Wolverine's box-office in the U.S.? Okay. Whatever you want to say.

Last edited:
So if X3/Origins were as good as X2, First Class would have grossed higher than those two?

It makes perfect sense. I posted in forums at that time and people didn't think FC was going to be good.

Exactly. The hype was low because X-Men was not in good standing.

The previous film called Wolverine is what hurt another film called Wolverine in the US box office. You are aware of all of this Psy.

Exactly.

I'm still very unsure of Apocalypse's performance at the box office, but the franchise is definitely in a better place, thanks to the increased quality of the films since First Class.

Exactly. The hype was low because X-Men was not in good standing.

And X-Men was not in good standing when The Wolverine came out? Yes it was, DOFP was in pre-production and had a lot of early hype while First Class got great reviews And still The Wolverine became the lowest grossing X-Men film in North America.

The X-Men team films may have been in better standing, but the Wolverine spin-offs sure as hell weren't.

:up:

Both IP's needed to make up. There's a reason Fox didn't give it the same budget as Origins.

X-Men team film or a Wolverine movie, they are all X-Men movies. Thats why people blame Origins for First Class' lower box-office because both are X-Men movies. But if there's a recent good X-Men movie, that wouldn't help a Wolverine film which technically a X-Men film too.

But of course, First Class gets a pass because its a good film, nevermind if it didn't seem to help The Wolverine (at least) in North America.

There is good will to be had for X-Men movies in general like people were not fond of X3 and Origins wasn't much better so the X-Men movies were obviously going down hill but then FC came out and people most likely didn't expect a good movie after being burnt twice so they were probably pretty surprised by FC and i could that giving the wolverine abit of a boost in terms well we thought the worst but was surprised by FC so maybe should give the wolverine a chance.

But obviously one you lose someones trust you have to slowly build it up again

Last edited:
Also, you needed more than one film to fix the failings of X3/Origins. (Especially Origins)

:up:

Both IP's needed to make up. There's a reason Fox didn't give it the same budget as Origins.

Agreed. I'm not sure the Wolverine franchise will ever fully recover from what it could have been, especially with only one film left. X-Men Origins was pretty awful. Stranger things have happened, though. I never thought we would be sitting here with Deadpool ranked as one of the highest grossing superhero films ever, let alone highest grossing X-Men film.

I think XMen ensemble films and Wolverine films are different I personally feel more people will go out to see ensemble films than a Wolverine solo, I haven't even seen the latest The Wolverine movie or even the Orgins film. So of course he won't sell like an XMen ensemble film but he still does right on his own, just expecting the same numbers from the two films I just don't see it happening.

Maybe, maybe not. There probably is a limit to how much growth can happen. It would've probably made more than it did. But, then again, it wouldn't have been as rushed as it was if Origins didn't force a redirection of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"