Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snikt

Sidekick
Reaction score
Alright guys...yes it's VERY early yet and they've not even begun filming. But what do you think the Worldwide Box office results will be for Apocalypse?

My guess, if we see the same growth as we did from First Class ($353 million WW) to DOFP ($749 million WW), it should hit $1 billion (and more than $250 million domestic).

Last edited:
I think it'll be big but not sure if it'll hit 1billion.

They need a well rounded X-Men film with the core X-MEN in it for the film to be successful. Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Storm, Jean and Professor X are the main characters people want to see.

FOX desperately needs to reboot the entire franchise. That's the only way this franchise will outdo The Avengers. Right now The Avengers are stealing the X-Men's thunder to some degree.

850-900m

I don't expect the significant increase DOFP had over FC. But I do expect a solid increase for international numbers. Domestic will be tough to hold.

250m domestic
600m international

Last edited:
It's still sad to me that a franchise with Vin Diesel, Ludacris, friggin Tyrese is raking in all the money and X-men is always one step behind.

Introducing all the big guns in the franchise is a step in the right direction. We can no longer have silent popular characters in the background. Time to step it up.

It's still sad to me that a franchise with Vin Diesel, Ludacris, friggin Tyrese is raking in all the money and X-men is always one step behind.

Introducing all the big guns in the franchise is a step in the right direction. We can no longer have silent popular characters in the background. Time to step it up.

Some similarities here. The Fast franchise had to bring back it's audience as well. X-Men just lagged a bit. Next year should be big.

I'd love for it to get to a Billion, but I think it'll land in the upper $800 Million area.

I think the domestic will rise. People in USA were still a bit apprehensive about DOFP but after the release, all the good buzz, DVD/BLURAY more people will go to see it domestic. I think domestic can get 250-300 million area. And I think the international number will increase a little. So I think total could be 800-850 million.

At the moment, I think

Domestic - $220 million
Worldwide - $720 million

Alice Though the Looking Glass would be a big competition.

This time
$1 billion +
just book it,
Apocalypse >>>> everything else in this serie till now.
That's my favorite X-Men villain.
If there are any future scenes, and they confirm it, then it's sure it will earn money, that's why DOFP box office was so good.

I doubt it will get all the way up to a billion, but the upper ends of $800 million is a safe bet. I'd love to see it make more, though.

I think it could rival dofp, I don't think it'll beat it largely because OT aren't there....

I think I have said it before on this site somewhere. Apocalypse is a weird one, whilst it will obviously make a lot of money, DOFP had the combination of the two casts that was so heavily marketed whereas this doesnt. The X-Men films in relation to others in general don't seem to make as much domestically so it potentially has that against it and it is also introducing newer faces and a villain that is also new to the franchise.

I mean it should easily make the same amount as DOFP but I don't know how it wil fare against the other cmbs that year, BVS has the obvious hook of the two coming together and now Cap has Spiderman in it. I think it's safe at least to say X-Men will be the third highest grossing but as for getting past $800m, I'm not so convinced.

i am gonna say 800 mil as i think its a realistic rise from what DOFP did, i don't think it would change much if it was the OT either

i think it will depend on is the trailer, marketing, action, visuals ect ect

i mean who thought the avengers was gonna do aswell as it did the first time

Last edited:
Less than DOFP, I think. Losing Jackman and the rest of the OT, whom the audience seems more interested in seeing. We'll see though.

at this point i don't think it will matter if the OC ain't there, apocalypse is a totally different beast to FC and DOFP

No doubt, but with films like Civil War and BvS coming out, will a reboot X-Men film jibe well with the GA? We shall see.

I always go under on my box office predictions, and went way too low on CA:TWS, GOTG, DOFP and BH6 in my predictions last year. I nailed ASM2, the only Marvel related film that underperformed in 2014. But let's give it a shot!

Right now I'm thinking around $700 million. Though a number of A list X-Men are being added to the cast, they are not the fan favorites actors from the OT. I don't think that new Cyclops, new Jean and new Storm are going to have anywhere near the same amount of box office appeal. It also comes after two superhero team-up films poised to flirt with a billion in BvS and CA:CW and there is brutal competition leading up to and after the release date for Apocalypse.

On the plus side the film has a bunch of proven box office stars, is coming off a commercial and critical hit, and has Brian Singer at the controls. But I think the best this film can hope for box office wise is treading water from the prior installment.

Some similarities here. The Fast franchise had to bring back it's audience as well. X-Men just lagged a bit. Next year should be big.

While i prefer X-Men and overall think it has better movies, i think Fast and Furious offers something at the moment that not many other films can offer. I also think that many of the people in the 14-24 years old demographic are more excited in fast cars and over the top "testosterone filled" action than yet another superhero franchise that takes more time with the plot than the action.

Fast & Furious just seems like something easier to get into, i feel like Fox's plans of expansion may be a little too soon, i mean, Days of Future Past was their first X-Men film that finaly got back to the top 10 highest grossing films of the year, and right after that success they're planning to branch out into multiple spin-offs, with 2 of them premiering the same year as X-Men: Apocalypse.

When it comes to box office grossings, i fear the X-Men franchise is not a safe heavy hitter yet.

Fast and the Furious was a super hero movie. A lot of the characters seemed to have powers.

Fast and the Furious was a super hero movie. A lot of the characters seemed to have powers.

I agree with that, but a lot of people don't seem to realise that. I see some people who state things like "i don't like movies that are too fantastic or unreal like Harry Potter or Spider-Man", but then they use The Fast and the Furious as examples of stuff they like. I guess it's all about what you write in the "label"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"