Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days of future past I will bet you Is what Lauren shueller Donnor meant when she talked about showing X4 treatment to fox and they loving It.If DOFP Is success the question Is will next film be a X-Men sequel without First class cast or will they do the final Fist class film.

One problem on this board Is some complain about roles of certain characters yet want to flood the screen with more characters and bring back cast of both trilogy and first Class.

I hope its a X-Men sequel without the First Class cast. I feel like they could try more new things with moving ahead with the original series. They could easily introduce new villains and new additions to the team w/o the need the explaining a lot of things unlike with doing another First Class movie.

With doing another First Class movie, fans/people would expect them to include the younger version of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm. They still have to connect the dots with the original trilogy and if they do not, it could just mess up the continuity again.

There's so much freedom with doing a X-Men 4/5 movie than doing another prequel or another First Class movie.

Last edited:
With doing another First Class movie, fans/people would expect them to include the younger version of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm. They still have to connect the dots with the original trilogy and if they do not, it could just mess up the continuity again.

There's so much freedom with doing a X-Men 4/5 movie than doing another prequel or another First Class movie.

Not if they are proven to be two separate timelines at the end. But who knows...

Not if they are proven to be two separate timelines at the end. But who knows...

Well that would be confusing because not all people would want to deal with these alternate universe scenarios.

Well that would be confusing because not all people would want to deal with these alternate universe scenarios.

Thats kinda the outcome of the story here though...at least from the comic.

I don't really see how they're going to avoid it with this movie anyway. In some way or another, alternate universe scenario will figure in it.

Thats kinda the outcome of the story here though...at least from the comic.

Thats another reason why they don't need to continue the First Class series. They might just re-introduce characters like Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman in the team and even if they say that its already happening in an alternate universe, it will still look like that they are ignoring the events of the original trilogy and I feel its just going to be a mess if they go with that direction.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see that side of things. I can also see FC fans being pissed off cause they possibly might not get any more movies. By the end of this flick things should be very interesting for this franchise...

Well I'd love to see more First Class movies, but I can see that there are limitations to the whole prequel format. I'd only want to see them if they feel they can do more interesting things with the characters and their stories.

What I'm definitely not interested in is more movies with Storm, Rogue, Iceman etc.

Havok and Banshee are X-Men too especially if you are aware of their existence in the entire X-Men universe. They aren't just as popular as Iceman, Rogue and Storm.

Because they've appeared in three movies starting back from 2000 and I'm not particularly interested in seeing them again - they've had their time. Just as I'm uninterested in seeing, say, LotR sequels or more of the Star Trek: The Next Generation crew.

like it was said x men of wolverine,storm,rogue,iceman,etc. have more longevity

fassbender,mcavoy,hoult,etc. are part of prequels so they cant be used as much going forward

like it was said x men of wolverine,storm,rogue,iceman,etc. have more longevity

fassbender,mcavoy,hoult,etc. are part of prequels so they cant be used as much going forward

They can be used plenty. It all depends on the writing. They have a couple decades worth of story time to play with. A lot of potential.

i just think there is more potential with modern era x men movies than first class x men

cant do sentinels or Apocalypse,etc. with first class cast

Why not :huh:?

I know I'd want to see Apocalypse go up against A-tier mutants (Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Kitty) from the original trilogy cast, not the B/C-tier mutants (Havok and Banshee) in the FC cast.

I know I'd want to see Apocalypse go up against A-tier mutants (Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Kitty) from the original trilogy cast, not the B/C-tier mutants (Havok and Banshee) in the FC cast.
Well, that's why you don't want them to do it, not why they can't do it.

Yeah, gotta have Angel with Apocalypse cause if you miss that story point, they are just gonna shoot themselves in the foot again.

Banshee, Havok and Beast wont cut it for a villain like him and his horsemen. Need the big guns.

That MTV article... I really need to tone down my excitement.

An article about how every character included serves a purpose and isn't there to occupy trailers and billboards? How it's all about their connected relationships? What more could one ask from an X-Men film?

Because they've appeared in three movies starting back from 2000 and I'm not particularly interested in seeing them again - they've had their time..

Really? Well, that's a first. :o

Personally, I can never get enough of the classic line-up with Jean, Storm, Rogue, Ice Man, etc. Movies without them just don't appeal as much to me. And I don't think I'm alone in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"