Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

She was with them at times in the comics, so yes she is (she's currently dead).

To be fair, Xavier mentioned that the students came up with the name X-Men in X1. Magneto calls them X-Men in X2, so the name was around from the beginning.

So Moira was one of the X-Men now :huh:
Yes, she's gone in the field with them, joined Excalibur at some point, was one of their medics.
Humans have been on the team before.
If they weren't called the X-Men in the movie, they aren't the X-Men.
Don't be naive. :whatever:
You don't need a movie to tell you they were X-Men for them to be X-Men. If you do, you're not that smart.

To be fair, Xavier mentioned that the students came up with the name X-Men in X1. Magneto calls them X-Men in X2, so the name was around from the beginning.
Which is exactly like having Moira call them that in First Class. :huh:

The name of the movie was X-MEN First Class. The team was founded and led by Charles Xavier. Their base of operations was Xavier's mansion in upstate NY. They had the blue and yellow costumes from the comics. They were fighting the Hellfire Club. Banshee, Beast, and Havok were all on the team. They were the X-Men, whether they were called that or not.

Just because the title of the movie is called "X-men: First Class". It means its about the first batch of the X-Men team and the foundation of the X-Men. There were hints that after Prof X/Magneto parted ways, that Magneto formed his Brotherhood and Professor X started his school and Moira told Prof X that he has his own group now, that they don't have to work with the government and Prof X's group is called the X-Men. Magneto/Mystique/Moira were never part of the X-Men. They worked with and associated with Prof X but when they worked together as the X-Men, they didn't call themselves as the X-Men.

In X-Men: Days of Future Past, we will know more about this.

And X-Men 1, it was mentioned that the students are calling the teachers - the X-Men and X1, who were the teachers? Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Professor X.

Last edited:
I know, I agree. I was just pointing out that they've always been referenced that way, so they were x-men in FC.

So Moira was one of the X-Men now :huh:

If they weren't called the X-Men in the movie, they aren't the X-Men.

Well, if they called them that in the title, I'm going to assume those weren't the Avengers.

This thread is reaching Spidey-board levels of asinine...

I know, I agree. I was just pointing out that they've always been referenced that way, so they were x-men in FC.
Haha, I'm glad you pointed it out.

The fact that you say it psylockolusses doesn't automatically make it so. I've seen the movie a dozen times and they were definitely x-men in that movie. What do Scott and Jean have to do with anything? That part of your argument makes ZERO sense.

Which is exactly like having Moira call them that in First Class. :huh:

Moira MacTaggert: You know, one day the government is going to realize how lucky they were to have Professor X on their side.
Professor X: I suppose I am a real professor now, aren't I? Next thing you know I'll be going bald. We're still on the government's side, Moira. We're still G-Men. Just without the G.
Moira MacTaggert: No, you're your own team now. It's better. You're X-Men.

Just because the title of the movie is called "X-men: First Class". It means its about the first batch of the X-Men team and the foundation of the X-Men. There were hints that after Prof X/Magneto parted ways, that Magneto formed his Brotherhood and Professor X started his school and Moira told Prof X that he has his own group now, that they don't have to work with the government and Prof X's group is called the X-Men. Magneto/Mystique/Moira were never part of the X-Men. They worked with and associated with Prof X but when they worked together as the X-Men, they didn't call themselves as the X-Men.

In X-Men: Days of Future Past, we will know more about this.

And X-Men 1, it was mentioned that the students are calling the teachers - the X-Men and X1, who were the teachers? Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Professor X.

Can we just go to the flow charts for this?

Moira MacTaggert: You know, one day the government is going to realize how lucky they were to have Professor X on their side.
Professor X: I suppose I am a real professor now, aren't I? Next thing you know I'll be going bald. We're still on the government's side, Moira. We're still G-Men. Just without the G.
Moira MacTaggert: No, you're your own team now. It's better. You're X-Men.
:doh:

Why are you contradicting yourself? It's just I don't even. :dry:

We do not need Xavier to have the line "TO ME MY X-MEN" for them to be X-Men...

:doh:

Why are you contradicting yourself? It's just I don't even. :dry:

That discussion with Moira is an evidence that there was no X-Men, when Professor X, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok and Banshee were working for the government. They were just a group of mutants who were helping the government to track down Sebastian Shaw.

There was no X-Men yet. And most of you are assuming thats the first batch of the X-Men because they wore blue/yellow costumes and the title of the movie is X-Men: First Class.

A group of mutants that band together to fight evil and save the world. I believe that I've heard of such a team, they're called the X-MEN.

And that same group split to join Shaw while the others formed X-Men once the government officials were all murdered to get to them, thus forming the X-Men, complete with costumes and everything.

Deal with it, they were the first batch of X-Men.

This is still going on, isn't it?

And that same group split once the government officials were all murdered to get to them, thus forming the X-Men, complete with costumes and everything.

Deal with it, they were the first batch of X-Men.

According to you.

Did Bryan Singer/Matthew Vaughn ever mentioned that it was the first line-up of the X-Men?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"