By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread - Part 2

Haven't read it yet but yes, I did get it. Will read it soon

Coipel's art was unbelievably gorgeous. That ending, too. I love Beta Ray Bill. :D

Same! MAN I hope we see SOMETHING of BRB in Raganrok. I don't care if he gets Stormbringer, his Cyborg form is enough for me

That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for him anymore than I am for Balder. :csad:

Yeah me either. Balder would have been a great add even at the end of TDW

Yea it was
That scene with the Collector and the kid was tense as hell and really sad
and, while I don't care for the look of Ulty Mjolnir- as I've mentioned before- goddamn if I didn't get excited the second it started flaring up

and I really pray BRB gets added to the films at some point
I must see him on film
Everyone else gets these full rosters of developed supporting characters, Thor gets Loki, some obnoxious humans, the (all-but-absent) Warriors Three+Sif, and now Hulk

BRB would be unlike anything else we've seen in the MCU, and he's an absolute badass who, if they pull him off well enough, could potentially replace Thor in Avengers when Hemsworth's contract is up

That may be what they're angling to do for Valkyrie, but Tessa Thompson hasn't impressed me too much yet in either Creed or Westworld, and BRB is just so much more weird and different and awesome than Valkyrie, plus his backstory is just a tad bit more relatable and sympathetic than "chick on a pegasus who ferries souls to the afterlife" (plus who knows if they're even using that backstory for her)

Last edited:
Well they haven't given Tessa's NAME yet. There have been more than one Valkyrie she might only be the one of many so to speak.
I would LOVE to see Bill even in his Cyborg form in the films, just to keep the confusion of the general Audience down lol

Unworthy 2 was amazing, indeed! It really got me excited about Thor's journey to redemption, and when that moment finally happens, it's gonna be glorious.

It's kind of funny because "that moment" technically already happened in one of the Avengers comics just before Secret Wars. Thor had gotten an alternate hammer that only worked for those who are unworthy, and he found, just before he and Hyperion were about to basically kill themselves by trying to fight multiple Beyonders, that he could no longer lift it, meaning he'd become worthy again. But I guess, since it was right there at ground zero for the big omniverse implosion that led into Secret Wars, that it got wiped from history or something.

Walt's Ragnarok Thor is getting a statue!!
http://www.collectiondx.com/news_it...handise_license_agreement_figurama_collectors

TC6RGTi.jpg

Last edited:
That Simonson armor statue is gorgeous. If I had the money to buy statues willy-nilly, I'd totally get that.

the cost of those things is pretty ridiculous
I always wanted one as a kid, and by time I got the money to be able to afford one, I had bills and s*** to pay

maybe one day if I win a grand on a scratch-off or something, lol

I got a Thor statue at a comic convention once, but I didn't even bother to set it up again after I moved. They're cool to look at, but I get bored of them quick.

Only ones I have that are statues
weYU1oG.jpg

kZwRIIn.jpg

Joe Jusko just finished the Thor Corner box. Not sure when all the corner boxes are supposed to appear on the comicbooks
Oep3x2N.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I loved it. It seems like the whole series is about Thor redefining himself and realizing he can be just as great a hero without Mjolnir, which is something I've always wished they'd emphasize more. Way too many people have this misconception that Thor is useless without his hammer.

Wish they HAD more often. I mean the only story that kind of went that way was Blood Oath

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"