Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

Nope. Johnny had a real pre-existing relationship with Victor as we can see from their interaction and he also had qualms with Franklin. Whatever inner conflicts Sue had, they weren't touched on like they did for Johnny, Reed & Victor.

I do agree they all needed more development but there's no way Sue's character was more developed than Johnny's.

She barely even interacted or had a connection with the man who's supposed to become her future husband.

And you don't think Sue didn't have any pre-existing relationship with Johny, Victor and Franklin? Sue was the one at the science fair with Franklin and out of three, Sue actually had more interaction with Reed. Then Victor, they were hinting that Victor was attracted to Sue. They even let us know that Sue was adopted and which country she came from and her scenes with Franklin, Reed and Johnny.

I don't know if you are basing it to the amount of screentime that they were showing off their powers. But besides Johnny's little moments with his dad, throwing jokes to Victor/Ben and flaming on. I don't see how he's the second wheel of the group. Johnny didn't even have a real conversation with Reed, from the first time that they met, the drinking scene, Planet Zero and their reunion hug... nope. I didn't see it.

Last edited:
Maybe because he really didn't want Mara in the role for whatever his reasons were.

Well, if my theory is correct, its not that he didn't want Mara, its that he didn't want *Sue*. Which I suppose fits with the "Chronicle 2" idea, if you assume Trank only wants to tell stories about a bunch of teenage boys, no girls allowed.

From the plot descriptions I've read, Trank didn't seem to want Sue, Ben, Johnny, Reed, or Victor...

From the plot descriptions I've read, Trank didn't seem to want Sue, Ben, Johnny, Reed, or Victor...

That's why it's FFINO, because he was forced to fit these characters to the ones he had in his mind.

And you don't think Sue didn't have any pre-existing relationship with Johny, Victor and Franklin? Sue was the one at the science fair with Franklin and out of three, Sue actually had more interaction with Reed. Then Victor, they were hinting that Victor was attracted to Sue. They even let us know that Sue was adopted and which country she came from and her scenes with Franklin, Reed and Johnny.

Yes, she did but they didn't delve deeply into it. There was a sense that she was disconnected from Johnny but it's not expanded on...whereas we get a better look as to why Franklin and Johnny have a distant relationship. Sue barely reacts to Reed in the library & up until the arrival of their powers each of her interactions with him were fairly brief.

I don't know if you are basing it to the amount of screentime that they were showing off their powers. But besides Johnny's little moments with his dad, throwing jokes to Victor/Ben and flaming on. I don't see how he's the second wheel of the group. Johnny didn't even have a real conversation with Reed, from the first time that they met, the drinking scene, Planet Zero and their reunion hug... nope. I didn't see it.

I'm not basing it on their powers, but it is a pretty clear fact that Johnny was made to look as if he had the more important role. Why else would Sue be the only one who doesn't actually go on the trip? There were a million ways the story could've been told with her being right there, front and center.

And it's not like I have something against Sue, I'm just aware that she was unfairly treated (again) within the confines of the film by being regulated to more of a secondary "I was just sorta there so I'm with the team" kind of role.

Last edited:
Expanded or not... Sue was the one at the science fair, found Reed, convinced Reed to fix the Quantum Gate, Victor had a crush on her and had moments with his brother and dad. So personally, whether her role is lacking or not, she's still the 2nd wheel of the group.

And I've said before... Sue would not allow those "drunk" guys to go to Planet Zero without supervision, those three (as workers for the Baxter Institute) actually broke the rules... in fact she actually helped those three return to Earth or else those three would have been stuck in the Planet Zero.

Last edited:
If she'd just used her pattern recognition, she couldn't realized they'd do something stupid for fame and stopped the whole thing from happening. Though Doom probably unplugged her headset to stop her from stopping them.

Thank goodness she's playing Harley instead.

That's not just a bullet dodged, that's hypersonic 16 inch railgun round /w nuclear tip dodged.

That's not just a bullet dodged, that's hypersonic 16 inch railgun round /w nuclear tip dodged.

Obviously she has hyper-intelligence, just like Sue the character is supposed to have. Oh the irony!

:applaud
If she'd just used her pattern recognition, she couldn't realized they'd do something stupid for fame and stopped the whole thing from happening. Though Doom probably unplugged her headset to stop her from stopping them.

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"