The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I heavily disagree. If you swap out Rogue for anyone, you're greatly diminishing the film because of how intrinsically tied her powers are to everything thematically.

Not that I think she's some great character, but film Rogue get's too much flack sometimes. There's some interesting stuff there.
They would had to have completely reworked the X1 plot entirely if they didn't use Rogue as the entire plot hinged on her specific mutation. I think Rogue would have been fine, but the movie was badly formatted. It starts with Rogue being our Kitty or Jubilee in the movie, but abandons that as soon as we meet Wolverine. Then the audience avatar is Wolverine. Completely undermining that entire aspect of Rogue they started with, and reducing her to a plot device. One reason I am not as crazy about that movie as others. That's weak writing
That's the thing, I'm not a big fan of Magneto's whole plan in the first movie so I wouldn't have minded if that was reworked so as to be something that didn't hinge on Rogue's powers.

I think her bit in regards to the cure conversation in X3 is interesting. Mind you, I'm being selective with my word choice there because as much as I find it interesting, you won't catch me dead saying it's done well. Nothing in The Last Stand is :funny:

X2 she's a ball of nothing.
Agreed on X3 but yeah she was just kind of there in X2. Pyro was the one who was given the interesting subplot out of the students in that movie.

I wonder which versions of DC Gunn will take inspiration from.

Golden age?
Silver age?
Donner?
Snyder?
Nu52?
1986-2010 continuity?
Timm-verse?

I was enthusiastic about Gunn because of how good GoTG 3 was. But he also praised Flash as an amazing film, Suicide Squad was on the level of Black Adam and Aquaman 2, ...

But, Gunn certainly has the potential.

That's the thing, I'm not a big fan of Magneto's whole plan in the first movie so I wouldn't have minded if that was reworked so as to be something that didn't hinge on Rogue's powers.

Agreed on X3 but yeah she was just kind of there in X2. Pyro was the one who was given the interesting subplot out of the students in that movie.

Speaking of, I am so curious to see how Pyro and Elektra fit into Deadpool 3.

I think part of the reason why I didn't mind Spider-Man 3 so much even back when it came out was because I disliked The Last Stand and Superman Returns so much more. I'll gladly take Emo Peter (or Bully Maguire as he's known these days) over a half-assed X-Men movie and a boring Superman one.
Bully Maguire has turned into a classic character since. :funny: Regardless what one thinks of the film, that character will live on for decades. :D

Found out that today is the 40th anniversary of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. One of my favourite franchises!

My favourite incarnations are the 1990 film, the 2003 cartoon, and especially the Mirage Comics! Also love the 87 and 2012 cartoons as well!

Cowabunga, dude!
The 1990 film changed us all when it launched. Also probably boosted my pizza count by about 80% over a lifetime. :beaming:

I only today found out Corey Feldman was the voice of Donatello haha (after looking up the wiki after reading you post). Shows the difference when you have no internet at the time to instantly look things up.

Shogun is easily my favorite show of the year so far, but man the competition has been fierce this year between Fallout, X-Men 97, Masters of the Air and The Gentleman on Netflix.

I honestly don't remember the last time we had so many quality shows come out at once and that's not even including other really solid stuff like 3 Body Problem, Ripley and Baby Reindeer. It's been a truly amazing year for shows and we still got HOTD S2 to look forward too next month.
My friend has been raving about Shogun. Guess I’ll have to check it out. I’ve enjoyed Fallout and X-Men 97 a lot but haven’t even heard of Masters of the Air, 3 Body Problem, Ripley & Baby Reindeer. To say I’m not up to date on things these days is an understatement! I also had no idea HotD S2 was so close. I kind of need a reboot year to sort my life out and catch up on stuff without great new things coming out. :D

My friend has been raving about Shogun. Guess I’ll have to check it out. I’ve enjoyed Fallout and X-Men 97 a lot but haven’t even heard of Masters of the Air, 3 Body Problem, Ripley & Baby Reindeer. To say I’m not up to date on things these days is an understatement! I also had no idea HotD S2 was so close. I kind of need a reboot year to sort my life out and catch up on stuff without great new things coming out. :D

I would certainly recommend Shogun, one of the few new shows I have been watching alongside Fallout and X-Men 97! Love all three of them!

I would certainly recommend Shogun, one of the few new shows I have been watching alongside Fallout and X-Men 97! Love all three of them!
Thanks, will watch a trailer and see where I can fit it in, unfortunately don't have much time for shows at the moment. My friend will be happy if I watch as he's been pushing me to for a while and is now watching Fallout & X-Men after I did. At least it's gone near to the top of the list for when I get time. :up:

I wonder which versions of DC Gunn will take inspiration from

Golden age?
Silver age?
Donner?
Snyder?
Nu52?
1986-2010 continuity?
Timm-verse?
I don't know why he'd be expected to take inspiration from the Snyderverse when a major reason they're doing a reboot at all is to have something resembling a clean slate.

The answer is they're most likely gonna pull from multiple eras just like most other adaptations.

Nah what really broke my heart was that Rogue Cut of DOFP. You give this woman a new costume, a magazine cover, just to have her in a sequence where she has to be rescued and her only line is:

View attachment 89433

Thank God those days are over and thank God for 97.
The only improvement the X-Films did for me was giving Rogue that connection with Logan that's one of the few things I liked about the first film. But then Singer just got bored of the character after the first film where she goes from this major plot device to a minor role.

Boy go look at the Psylocke thread and remember how stupidly controversial her character is. It's like reverse ScarJo's Ghost in the Shell.

I'd just keep it simple and have MCU Betsy be a biracial British Japanese woman from a wealthy family.

Henry Cavill Captain Britain could just be her half-brother.

I'd just keep it simple and have MCU Betsy be a biracial British Japanese woman from a wealthy family.

But then you are robbing fans of Kwannon and erasing her character. :p

I already said my 2 cents in another thread on this but I think they should just keep Kwannon and Betsy as 2 separate characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"