First Avenger Captain America Easter Eggs Thread *Spoilers*

i may be reaching here, but when steve says "maybe she has a sister" to bucky after peggy rejects him, that may be a nod to sharon.

it is my understanding that in the old comics sharon was peggy's kid sister and later on became her niece due to the sliding timeframe.

He says "Maybe she has a friend" .... not a "sister" ... and it was a in jest at what Bucky had said earlier in the film when they were supposed to go dancing.

I dispute this, to me it look like he was transported like the effect was really close to the Bifröst effects in Thor

Ya, Red Skull did not die. I don't know where that poster got that from.

^^ true but how many villians have "died" in the first movie just to be alive and kicking in the next.
skull ain't dead.
i really like this movie prolly my fave marvel movie so far ( tho i did like incredible hulk).
i'm surprised zemo or strucker were never mentioned.

@MysteryMan: Just because he said that doesn't mean it happened. A character says one thing and something else entirely has happened. It happens all the time in comics and movies.

@MysteryMan: Just because he said that doesn't mean it happened. A character says one thing and something else entirely has happened. It happens all the time in comics and movies.
I wasnt saying that because Steve said it that it was true .
The question was where did the poster get the idea that The Skull had died ?
IMO, that's where his idea came from.
I wasnt agreeing with him.

^^ true but how many villians have "died" in the first movie just to be alive and kicking in the next.
skull ain't dead.
i really like this movie prolly my fave marvel movie so far ( tho i did like incredible hulk).
i'm surprised zemo or strucker were never mentioned.

Has nothing to do with the scene that was depicted.

People keep suggesting that Tony Stark developed 'vibranium' as the new element in IM2. I still argue that the new element was in fact the same power that the Tesseract (Cosmic Cube) generates. Vibranium is a mineral. How would it power Iron Man's armor? That never made sense to me. Now with Howard Stark finding the Cube in CA:TFA I am even more convinced that he spent time studying the power of the Cube but didn't have the knowledge and the tech to fully exploit it. So he films the message for his young son Tony to discover when he is older (as seen in IM2) and Tony figures out how to properly harness the same energy source that the Red Skull and Armin Zola used to power their weapons in CA:TFA.

I also think the Skull never really fully understood the capabitlies of the Cosmic Cube. He never actually held it in his hand until the showdown inside the cockpit of the Valkyrie bomber. Once he did he saw that the Cube was far more than a mere energy source. Heres hoping he returns in future movies in a major way.

Haven't watched IM2 in a while... but I thought the problem with the arc reactor was that the powersource was too powerful for the rest of the unit and eventually burnt through itself and that was causing the poisoning in Stark's system. Stark created Vibranium to case the arc in, so it would not be able to burn itself/and the system out... what he created was a way to contain the power... not the power source itself.

The energy from the cosmic cube that Red Skull managed to harness into his advance weaponry for Hydra. Is clearly the same element Tony will used for the arc reactor .

It looks like, however, the energy from the cosmic cuve is far more destructive than the arc reactor's...

Haven't watched IM2 in a while... but I thought the problem with the arc reactor was that the powersource was too powerful for the rest of the unit and eventually burnt through itself and that was causing the poisoning in Stark's system. Stark created Vibranium to case the arc in, so it would not be able to burn itself/and the system out... what he created was a way to contain the power... not the power source itself.

I like this explanation!

you are correct...also remember in the Marvel universe there are two types of Vibranium...Wakandan:which absorbs vibrations and Antartic:which gives off vibrations that liquify metals.

In the feature film Iron Man 2, Tony Stark synthesizes a new element to take the place of the palladium that powers his armor. Although unnamed in the film itself, the movie's novelization identifies the element as vibranium, so named by Stark because it shares characteristics with uranium and has similar transgenic properties to another fictional element named "vibernum". Its molecular structure is that of a triangular buckyball. During the movie, it is first shown using a polygon mesh of squares and then with a mesh that uses more than the 110 points (the number of points in a 'triangular buckyball').
Vibranium is named on-screen in the feature film Captain America: The First Avenger, and is shown to exist in the 1940s. Howard Stark states that vibranium is stronger than and a third of the weight of steel, is completely vibration-absorbent, and that the world's complete known supply of it went into what would become Captain America's shield.

I haven't seen IM2 in a long while, but I do remember in IM, when Pepper is helping to remove the AR from his chest, she's grossed out by the pus, which Tony corrects her that it's a discharge from the device. I think the discharge was what was poisoning him.

Its the Palladium...it was poisoning him

Hi,

New here.... first post.

Not sure if this is an easter egg and I realize its well known but it was worth waiting til after the credits to see the extra Nick Fury scene and the Avengers preview! After missing the Nick Fury cameo at the end of the credits in Thor - I now will completely wait for the credits to finish at all Marvel movies.

I was kind of disappointed they did not have a scene at the end in the present where Steve Rogers got to see an older version of Peggy to let her know he was still alive. That would have been cool.

That's what sequels are for...

:cwink:

I know in the comics he eventually meets her again however I think it would have been a great ending scene in this one.

A little off topic but just caught a Stan Lee random cameo in one of the last few episodes of Eureka (Glimpse) with lots of references to the Hulk.

Ok was it just me? Or was the a vessel similar to MODOK that picked up the cube at the end of the movie... I have looked around every where and haven't seen anybody talk about it. Watch it again and you'll see.

Hi,

New here.... first post.

Not sure if this is an easter egg and I realize its well known but it was worth waiting til after the credits to see the extra Nick Fury scene and the Avengers preview! After missing the Nick Fury cameo at the end of the credits in Thor - I now will completely wait for the credits to finish at all Marvel movies.

I was kind of disappointed they did not have a scene at the end in the present where Steve Rogers got to see an older version of Peggy to let her know he was still alive. That would have been cool.

In theory, someone in her line of work wouldn't live to be that age but considering what universe she's a part of, she should also be able to leap hurdles at the age of 83.

In theory, someone in her line of work wouldn't live to be that age but considering what universe she's a part of, she should also be able to leap hurdles at the age of 83.

She would be closer to 100. Figure her character was at least 25,then add the 70 years Fury tells Steve he's been asleep.

I'm still of the mind that vibranium and the element Tony creates in Ironman2 are two different things.
What Tony recreates, I think, is what blew up in Howard's face in the "write that down" scene in CA:TFA.

I'm still of the mind that vibranium and the element Tony creates in Ironman2 are two different things.
What Tony recreates, I think, is what blew up in Howard's face in the "write that down" scene in CA:TFA.

The harnessed power of the cosmic cube? That is not an element... and I believe Tony was creating a "new" element.

but i also think he incorporated the cube somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"