First Avenger Captain America Easter Eggs Thread *Spoilers*

Its the Palladium...it was poisoning him
What I was saying that the discharge could have been from the Palladium, which would cause him to be poisoned.

**PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD CONTAINS HEAVY SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Here are the ones I found. Let me know if I missed any. I divided them up by franchise to make it easier.

Iron Man
-Howard Stark helped created the tech to create him and was directly involved in much operational planning and even missions
-Stark Industries responsible for most of the tech in the film
-Rogers attends a Stark Expo
-Shield made of Vibranium- what Tony is able to reproduce with his fathers clues in IM2
-Howard Stark finds the lost Tesseract at the end

I'm pretty sure (I haven't seen IM in a while) the guns that Hydra were using made the same noise as Iron Man's suit when he fires.

but i also think he incorporated the cube somehow.

I surmised that the element Tony was able to create from Howard Stark's schematics was one that was in the Cube. Howard analyzed the Cube and must have been able to detect the then-unknown element but was unable to synthesize it with the technology of his time. Tony had the equipment and expertise to re-create it in his laboratory.

Fury, having the Cube in his possession and also having discussed things with Howard Stark, knew all this. His reasons for not telling Tony everything about the Cube must have been related to security. SHIELD didn't yet understand exactly what the Cube was or its origins, so they would naturally want to limit the number of outsiders who were informed of its existence.

The metal core used in the original arc reactor built with Yin Sen was made from the element Palladium. I can't remember what Tony's exact words but he mentions to Yin Sen the weight of the core as he's holding the ring up after pouring it into the top of the missile/core mold thingy. (I've also watched IM 10+ times). All the cores in v3.0 of the Arc Reactor in IM2 had a new style rectangular shaped palladium core that could be removed as it was depleted.

It really caught my attention because at my previous place of employment, we used palladium in some of our semiconductor manufacturing processes. Thought it was cool the movie used a real metal. Anyway.....

In Cap, Howard Stark mentioned the shield was all the Vibranium that existed in the world as he handed Cap the shield (we're just going to use what we know through the Marvel Movie Verse).

I guess we'll probably never know, but how does the Arc reactor use the actual metal? The real element Palladium is a metal & the fictional element Vibranium (according to what we've seen in the new CA movie) is also a metal.

What I'm getting at is the core of the Arc Reactor doesn't have to be some magical, glowing, Asgardian, soul collecting, spiritual, power ball.
It just has to be a piece of metal. Otherwise, how woudl Tony and Anton create it in a cave?

Did anyone else know about Vibranium? Apparently not, because Tony mentioned in the IM2 Donut Scene that he tried every known element to man. Nick Fury told him "you havent tried them all". It's apparent Nick knew of another element in existance. So how did Tony technically "create" a new element when one known to Fury already existed? That's because Tony Stark did not technically "create" a new element.

Tony "created" a new element because it was unknown to the masses. His father/SHIELD/GovtAgency already knew what vibranium was but just kept it secret. They were limited by technology in making any attempts to manufacture/weaponize it. Tony was able to do that 60+ years later.

Besides, if Vibranium was already known to the rest of the world and able to be manufactured, wouldn't Iron Man, or anyone for that matter, already have attempted to use it as armor for any suits/planes/rockets etc? In the Cap movie it's clearly stated it's super light and damn near indestructible.

I think where the confusion is coming from has to do with the Arc Reactor as a whole. There is no question now after seeing CA, the Arc Reactor design used by teh Starks & Vanko is derived from the CosmicCube. The Palladium core was the issue in IM2 (the burned up square cartridges). The new element Tony made was used to replace just the Palladium core, not replace the entire design of the ArcReactor. The small piece of metal is just a small part of the reactor, but a very important one apparently.

Of course, there is a very good chance I'm completely wrong. :D

Last edited:
In Cap, Howard Stark mentioned the shield was all the Vibranium that existed in the world as he handed Cap the shield (we're just going to use what we know through the Marvel Movie Verse).

Howard didn't say that the shield was made up of all the existing vibranium in the world, just that the metal was very rare and that that was all they had.

Howard didn't say that the shield was made up of all the existing vibranium in the world, just that the metal was very rare and that that was all they had.

Hmmmm, I've seen CA twice and have come away thinking this is what he was inferring. I'll have to pay close attention the next time I watch it. :word:

does anyone know about an Easter egg in iron man 1 or 2 where the actor that plays captian america is in the shadow of a door that iron man is walking through?

does anyone know about an Easter egg in iron man 1 or 2 where the actor that plays captian america is in the shadow of a door that iron man is walking through?

Evans wasn't cast until after IM2 was released, so unless they have access to a time machine...

sounds like the plot to avengers 2!

It was that ghost that was in Three Men and a Baby.

While watching the movie on Blu-Ray, its completely obvious that when Zola is packing away his papers, that he grabs a design of a humanoid. A good nod to the comics and maybe what can be in the sequel for Zola.

While watching the movie on Blu-Ray, its completely obvious that when Zola is packing away his papers, that he grabs a design of a humanoid. A good nod to the comics and maybe what can be in the sequel for Zola.

I'd be interested to know if the actor who played Zola was signed for multiple films, like most of the actors these days. I *would* like to see Arnim survive into the present in his classic weird robot form; but his last scene in the movie showed him captured and interrogated by Gen. TL Jones. So I'm wondering....if he *does* return in CA2, did he escape? Was he released at the end of WWII as a POW? Or did the SSR keep him and use him in a Werner von Braun sorta way to work for the US? (I get the impression Zola wasn't all *that* loyal to Skully, and frankly feared him and thought he had gone wayyyyy off the deep end.)

If zola returns I have a feeling he'll be tied in with winter soldiers origins.

Obviously Zola doesn't survive that time lay over from WW2 to modern day.

So i would think that we see him in maybe flashbacks of the Winter Soldiers origin, and in current time with his humanoid body, with his face and "brains" permanently implanted in the humanoid to make him seemingly immortal over time.

Obviously Zola doesn't survive that time lay over from WW2 to modern day.

So i would think that we see him in maybe flashbacks of the Winter Soldiers origin, and in current time with his humanoid body, with his face and "brains" permanently implanted in the humanoid to make him seemingly immortal over time.

That's what I mean....the Arnim Zola we know from the comics.

Speaking of Winter Soldier....anybody catch that nice bit of foreshadowing during one of the Howling Commando raids on a HYDRA base? Bucky laying up in cover with a sniper rifle....his scope covers Cap's head for a brief second before moving up to take out a HYDRA goon.

I got chills. :)

That's what I mean....the Arnim Zola we know from the comics.

Speaking of Winter Soldier....anybody catch that nice bit of foreshadowing during one of the Howling Commando raids on a HYDRA base? Bucky laying up in cover with a sniper rifle....his scope covers Cap's head for a brief second before moving up to take out a HYDRA goon.

I got chills. :)

Naturally
tumblr_lt64tcCfQT1qb2dzzo1_250.gif

tumblr_lt64tcCfQT1qb2dzzo3_250.gif

Speaking of Zola, I'm pretty sure I saw a camera in the Skull's base that looks a LOT like robozola's "head"

I'll meet your head and see you Robozola BLUEPRINTS.

b5

WHAT!!!
Not the Dread Red X.....! :wow:

But srsly folx....yeah, I know the pic you're talking about, and it's great. It very definitely *does* show the blueprints of the classic Zola costume; so there's even more evidence that Marvel has plans to reuse him in his comic book form.

WHAT!!!

But srsly folx....yeah, I know the pic you're talking about, and it's great. It very definitely *does* show the blueprints of the classic Zola costume; so there's even more evidence that Marvel has plans to reuse him in his comic book form.

Johnson talks about it on the director's commentary. I really enjoyed listening to that watching this film again.

WHAT!!!

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they would reuse AZ in his robotic form. I really, really hope so, but it could simply be an easter egg nod to the fans. With today's campy hypersensitive audience they might be worried that this would be regarded as such.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they would reuse AZ in his robotic form. I really, really hope so, but it could simply be an easter egg nod to the fans. With today's campy hypersensitive audience they might be worried that this would be regarded as such.

I think Zola can be modernized to be less campy. His look in the SEGA game worked well enough.

WHAT!!!

I don't ever recall an actual photo of that scene tho Cherokee. If you look at the scene where Zola is going to the Skulls car and Grabs some papers off a Table, THAT is where the Blueprints are

in other words do NOT post pics ripped off the dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"