• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He totally gives you the comic book hero vibe, yet also has the soldier feel.

RealIrOnMaN,is Captain America in this new pic suppose to be in CGI? Or is that cardboard cut out being used because Evans wasn't available?

Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-Still1.jpg

NICE!!!:woot:

Looks like a video game screenshot to me for some reason

RealIrOnMaN,is Captain America in this new pic suppose to be in CGI? Or is that cardboard cut out being used because Evans wasn't available?
I don't know, but yeah, I've got the same feeling as you do. Looks like Marvel likes to play with CS3 too much)

Great update RealIM. Nice shot of Cap there. He certainly looks less bulkier there. Hopefully this is a good indicator of how it will look in motion. That should assure those who thought the last pic of Cap was too bulky.

Really can't wait until they've got the trailer ready.

That shot looks kind of odd. It's not the suit (which looks good IMO), it almost looks like he's been "photochopped" in. Maybe it's the light shining up at him from by his foot.

Yeah... I will have to admit that something about Chris in the pic does look "flat" like he's been inserted into the shot or something. But I was thinking it's probably the angle of the lighting on him or something like that.

I mean, Joe really hasn't struck me as a director totally reliant on CGI, The Wolfman notwithstanding.

We'll see.

Although it looks slightly suspicious, I love the new picture!
Thanks for yet another scoop, RIM! :D

Nice action pic :yay:

Does look a little 'off' though. The contrasts/levels on the suit don't really match the background even in the areas that shouldn't be affected by that light near his leading foot.
If Cap has been photoshopped in maybe the background on the original might is something they don't want us to see yet, or maybe just a green screen.

Edit: Just played with the levels in photoshop and lowering the mid-levels makes it look a lot more genuine.
Figure they may have brightened the original up to show off more of the suit.

Last edited:
I feel like the movie seems to be hitting a nice balance between the war movie element and the sci-fi/comic book one. Now, wait for the trailer.

the image looks strange because its a scan. the white and black are not matched.

there we go. He still looks like he's from a videogame.

That looks good. I don't suppose you could brighten it up some, could you?

Thanks dark_b, now we can continue on without people saying "that pic is photoshopped, it obviously is, because the lighting makes it look weird."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"