First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation XII

For me, it ends with those kids. The other stuff after that doesn't register with me

The ending really registered for me .
Steve's sense of loss and lonliness really got to me.

Rumor has it a sequel is scheduled for 2014? Can anyone confirm this?

Apparently there are a couple of Marvel movies being released in 2014, but neither have been named and there are quite a few possibilities and that's just counting sequels alone.

Disney announced release dates for 2 unnamed Marvel films. I would assume Captain America 2 would be one of them. I am personally hoping for the May spot in 2014.

I agree. If Marvel lets it start off the summer and really push the marketing this time, there will be better numbers.

That's only two weeks after Spidey's sequel. I'd rather see them go for July 4th, but I'd settle for the June date.

I would expect one of those 2014 movies to be Cap 2. Can't wait for the names to be released.

No, May 16th is perfect! That's my birthday :p

I'd love Cap 2, but I'm kinda thinking it's going to be Dr Strange and Ant Man.

Marvel already said they want to pair new franchises with sequels. Plus, that would mean Cap won't get a sequel til 4 years after the first movie. I don't think they'd delay Cap 2 that long. This would already be a 3 year wait for Cap 2 in 2014. Plus, Cap 2 in 2015 means Avengers 2 no sooner than 2016 likely. I don't see Marvel waiting that long.

Disney announced release dates for 2 unnamed Marvel films. I would assume Captain America 2 would be one of them. I am personally hoping for the May spot in 2014.

Since Sony jumped the gun & took the beginning of summer spot, I think Cap 2 should grab the memorial day spot real quick. Though, this has happened before with Spider-Man 4 & Thor...look at how that turned out.

Well, Cap 2 can always move up to opening weekend of May is ASM2 doesn't happen. I want Cap to get the May date, but in both of these cases, Cap is close to a Holiday weekend, which would boost its BO in weekend 2.

Well, in knowing Strange is getting made, where the hell is Ant Man meant to fit in? I think it really should have been the same year as Avengers. Since Edgar Wright is doing it as a comedy, it would have been a nice, lower budget, different genre movie to compliment the big budget extravaganza of Avengers. I mean, as far as I know, Ant Man is Edgar Wrights next project, right? So if he doesn't do it soon, that would be like 4 years without a project. What is going on?

Well, in knowing Strange is getting made, where the hell is Ant Man meant to fit in? I think it really should have been the same year as Avengers. Since Edgar Wright is doing it as a comedy, it would have been a nice, lower budget, different genre movie to compliment the big budget extravaganza of Avengers. I mean, as far as I know, Ant Man is Edgar Wrights next project, right? So if he doesn't do it soon, that would be like 4 years without a project. What is going on?

I think Ant-Man won't be a summer release, myself.

Getting a holiday weekend for Cap would be huge, especially if there's any momentum from The Avengers. Could be a huge boost to the movie's BO.

Spider-Fan said:
I think Ant-Man won't be a summer release, myself.

So when would you see it getting released?

They really need to make more than 2 per year. They still have to pump out luke cage, black panther, antman, dr strange, iron fist, cap 2 and 3, thor 2 and 3. thats alot of movies

Well I've been expecting for a while that at some point they'd have to step it up to 3 movies a year. I wouldn't be surprised if we got that as an announcement post Avengers.

Spider-Fan said:
I think Winter would be best.

I'd agree. See, that's why I think it would have fit in nicely towards the end of the year in 2012, after the Avengers comedown, to have a kinda different, quirky Marvel comedy film.

If they're really going through with all of the planned films (including Guardians of the Galaxy), then they'll almost have to go to three a year. Like Wolvie and others have said, Winter is a good time for one of the more risky movies, like Ant-Man or Iron Fist.

If that May 16, 2014 Marvel film does turn out to be Captain America 2, I really wish they'd push it back to Memorial Day. If The Amazing Spider-Man is a hit, ASM2 is going to be huge, and two weeks after that is a little too close for my liking.

I think there are way too many variables there to even be worried. IF Amazing Spider-Man is a hit, then IF ASM 2 is big, then the variables of how much bigger Cap is, not to mention the likelihood of any date changes over the next 3 years? I think getting worried would be a tad premature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"