Chris Pine is Steve Trevor

Chris Pine should've had an early 80s William Shatner wig for the sequel like TJ Hooker and the 80s Star Trek films.

William-Shatner-as-T-J-Hooker-tj-hooker-23853175-500-375.jpg

Why didn't Patty Jenkins think of that since it's set in the 80s? It would've fitted perfectly for the era.

$10 says instead of it being Steve it ends up being Bob from accounting

Since Pine is under contract for a couple more films, the best use of him would have been in flashbacks.

Even the original film had a flashback of him - when WW is holding up the tank and pondering whether to crush Dr. Poison.

WW's relationship with Steve was pivotal in her life; he was the first "outsider" she got to know. So it would make sense that she reflect, from time to time, on him and what she learned from him.

I think it would be interesting to see Steve used as a manipulation device via Dr. Psycho.

Being a telepath, he could used Diana's memories against her for his own purposes due to his obsession with her. It would be cool to see them utilized the Captain Wonder storyline from the comics...
Et voilà.

We know he's back, that's been a given since early on, but the question is, how, why, and maybe, does he die a second time?

Depending where you place Wonder Woman 1984 in the DCEU, Diana is quite clear in Justice League that she's lost someone she cares for before (presumably Steve). It would really suck for her if she's lost him, or if he's been taken away from her twice.

I'm wondering whether he is in fact not dead at the end of WW84, but rather on Themyscira, where somehow, some way, an immortality aurora has been placed around him (like the other women on Themyscira). Diana states she's lost him because she can't go back to him, rather than because he's been killed ... twice; or maybe she has her memories of him erased somehow at the end of WW84 and will be reunited with him, and her new memories come WW3.

Anyone else care to speculate on the how and why?

Was it intended to make this thread Steve Rogers and not Steve Trevor? I mean, there is not big difference anyway but still.. :)

I have the bad feeling Steve is a trap for Diana somehow, we will see.

Was it intended to make this thread Steve Rogers and not Steve Trevor? I mean, there is not big difference anyway but still.. :)

Haha. I bet it’s not the first time someone’s made this slip. :D

@Flash525 I’ll change the title for you.

Also, merging this with the old thread on this topic. :up:

BTW, I know those of us who read the leaked plot already know what's going on with Steve Trevor, but if you're coming here to talk about it, BE SURE to put what you know in spoiler tags. We won't be lenient about this.

Was it intended to make this thread Steve Rogers and not Steve Trevor? I mean, there is not big difference anyway but still.
Oh god, now I feel embarrassed. I was watching Winter Soldier last night, that's why I've got myself confused. Hah!

Haha. I bet it’s not the first time someone’s made this slip. :D

@Flash525 I’ll change the title for you.
Much obliged!

Also, merging this with the old thread on this topic. :up:

BTW, I know those of us who read the leaked plot already know what's going on with Steve Trevor, but if you're coming here to talk about it, BE SURE to put what you know in spoiler tags. We won't be lenient about this.
I don't want to know the plot, nope, but could you (or someone else) answer with a simple yes or no (in spoiler tags) whether Steve is alive again or not? I'd like to know that much.

I don't want to know the plot, nope, but could you (or someone else) answer with a simple yes or no (in spoiler tags) whether Steve is alive again or not? I'd like to know that much.
Yes.

well in the case of Steven Grant Rogers, he is a living legendary hero who fought in WW2, was frozen for 70 years. Woke up in the modern day and lead a team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

After seeing the results of Steve’s return in the film, I feel like it’s a mixed bag. One one hand the electric onscreen chemistry between Chris and Gal is still very much strong as it was in the first film and they make a great romantic parring. I like the role reversal of Steve getting integrated into the 80s era of civilization and Diana teaching him this time as he taught her a long time ago.

Now spoiler warning ( read at your own expense)
The quantum leap/ invasion of the body snatchers element of the story with Steve is definitely a huge issue for me. Essentially Diana has sex with another man because she wished Steve back into existence and he possessed his body of sorts . Morality I found it wrong, I am glad that Steve comes to a realization that he had his time and that it wasn’t worth the sacrifice for Diana’s sake. Although it took time that felt rushed rather than explore differently.

I have read spoilers of how he comes back etc... what it think would have been great, is if in the first WW, we have a scene, towards the end, before he sacrifices himself, where Steve is missing for a while, then a flash appears, light lightning and Steve emerges from the background, looking solum. Diana asks if he is ok as he seems distant, he apologizes, kisses her and says he loves her, which shocks Diana and I guess the viewer, maybe he just realized something, who knows... but the movie continues and he sacrifices himself.

No one thinks anything of it, maybe just a plot device to make him realize what he has. Then we watch the sequel and learn that the villain takes him out of his reality, into the present, for Diana - she doesn't know and Steve explains that he was just literally on a battlefield with her.... but if he doesn't go back, history is rewritten... and could change everything.

I have read spoilers of how he comes back etc... what it think would have been great, is if in the first WW, we have a scene, towards the end, before he sacrifices himself, where Steve is missing for a while, then a flash appears, light lightning and Steve emerges from the background, looking solum. Diana asks if he is ok as he seems distant, he apologizes, kisses her and says he loves her, which shocks Diana and I guess the viewer, maybe he just realized something, who knows... but the movie continues and he sacrifices himself.

No one thinks anything of it, maybe just a plot device to make him realize what he has. Then we watch the sequel and learn that the villain takes him out of his reality, into the present, for Diana - she doesn't know and Steve explains that he was just literally on a battlefield with her.... but if he doesn't go back, history is rewritten... and could change everything.
This would have been perfect. I haven't seen the movie but read spoilers and not sure how I feel about the route they went down
as @TheCapedKnight said... there's a real morality issue of Diana having sex with a guy who isn't actually Steve (just possessed by him) and therefore didn't really have a choice in the matter. I'm surprised that Steve or Diana would use someone in that way

This would have been perfect. I haven't seen the movie but read spoilers and not sure how I feel about the route they went down
as @TheCapedKnight said... there's a real morality issue of Diana having sex with a guy who isn't actually Steve (just possessed by him) and therefore didn't really have a choice in the matter. I'm surprised that Steve or Diana would use someone in that way
the only tragedy is the dude won't know what happened....

What was the wish that Steve made with Lord grabbed him? The first time he resisted, but the second time Lord grabbed him he made a quick wish.

What was the wish that Steve made with Lord grabbed him? The first time he resisted, but the second time Lord grabbed him he made a quick wish.

Max attempts to taunt Steve into becoming a real being (Turned into a real Boy) ala Pinocchio. Steve resist and in turn says sarcastically he wised he wasn't handcuffed to Max, in an effort to prevent him from escaping while they fought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"