Christopher Nolan's "Dunkirk" (July 21, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont mind if it looks good but if that picture is an official still from the film (?) then it aint looking too good.

Yes, I'm sure Christopher Nolan's big budget war movie will have a shot in it exactly that terrible. :oldrazz:

Well that's why I added the question mark. I didnt think it was but its not a unfamiliar thing to see a still from a film that looks odd, regardless of the quality of those involved...plus i haven't been following this movie as I know its normally best to not with a CN movie

please dont tell me that they will use forced perspective for planes attacking soldiers?

You've probably never noticed half the forced perspective shots in the films you've watched so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Blu ray purchase for me. Not that interested in WW2 movies. Inglorious Basterds is about the only WW movie I have ever enjoyed.

You've probably never noticed half the forced perspective shots in the films you've watched so I'm not sure what the issue is.
ohhhh i noticed them. maybe not when i was 5 years old.

i respect Nolan for trying to go 100% IMAX and doing what ever it takes. i can accept wood fences in shapes of humans and cars for the background so that Nolan doesnt have to use CGI in normal shots. but planes..................in 2016? CGI would be better.

Well that's why I added the question mark. I didnt think it was but its not a unfamiliar thing to see a still from a film that looks odd, regardless of the quality of those involved...plus i haven't been following this movie as I know its normally best to not with a CN movie

This is not really a movie that really can be spoiled other than perhaps the fate of individual characters.

i respect Nolan for trying to go 100% IMAX and doing what ever it takes. i can accept wood fences in shapes of humans and cars for the background so that Nolan doesnt have to use CGI in normal shots. but planes..................in 2016? CGI would be better.

How can possibly you know what would be better or worse without having seen the finished product?

Is Nolan shooting this entire thing in IMAX?

You don't know that.

Nolan and co. are filming sea battle scenes in URK this week. That's a small town an hour and a half away from where i live.

It's not everyday that a big budget movie is filmed so close let alone one from Christopher Nolan! So it goes without saying that i would love to go catch a glimpse of the shoot. :woot:

The problem is that they haven't revealed details of the shooting schedule besides the official June 24 start.Everyone involved have non-disclosure-agreements.

So i have no clue what time of the day this is taking place. They've also made things more difficult by hiring security and cordoning off a section of the harbor to block peeping toms.

One media outlet was able to snap this shot....

hekken-ontnemen-zicht-filmset-dunkirk-urk.jpg

http://www.nu.nl/entertainment/4280210/hekken-ontnemen-zicht-filmset-dunkirk-urk.html

Pic of One Direction fans hoping to get a glimpse of Harry Styles...
http://www.ad.nl/show/bij-de-filmset-van-dunkirk-wachten-op-harry-styles~aeb7ee5a/

Props arriving last week...

827e813e010360e4fd1be21394061bc6-778x427.jpeg

http://www.omroepflevoland.nl/nieuws/136542/urk-eerste-attributen-oorlogsfilm-dunkirk-aangekomen

Rumours are going around we could be getting an early tease (similar to the Interstellar tease) at SDCC or with Suicide Squad.

Big Nolan fan. He is trying to do something original with almost every genre that is out there.

Hope that this is good.

Remember when Inception was originally conceived as a horror film? I would love to see him tackle an intense suspense thriller/horror film.

*spinning top*

NEXT SUMMER

*shots of planes and boats*

FRom Master Director ( he did dark knight... remember that movie? This guy did that.) Christopher Nolan

* shot of old man drinking tea*

Summer 2017

fanboys fap.

Great, now I'm all turned on.

I'm assuming it'll be attached to Suicide Squad so probably within the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"