• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rise of Skywalker Colin Trevorrow No Longer Directing Star Wars Episode IX

The title should be changed Colin Trevorrow N O T the director of Star Wars IX. LAWD HAVE MERSEEEE!!

Well, guys, YOU wanted this. The dude makes ONE bad indie movie and you lot started SCREAMING for him to be fired from Episode IX. Well, NOW he's gone. Hope you guys are satisfied.

I feel like I came. So yes. Very satisfied.

Good. They should have never hired him in the first place.

I have always been in the minority that loved Jurassic World.
But... it's the 4th highest grossing movie of all time.

I really do wonder what's going over at Lucasfilm. These are a lot of director problems so far. I know it happens but man.

Great new for SW fans. Although yeah, we need to wait and see, if they get some lame-o like Ron Howard to replace him, the celebration is premature. Maybe they convince Rian to stay on for the final film?

Someone post a Rocket Raccoon laughing gif. Yeah, I'm sure this was mutual. He quit two seconds before they were going to fire him.

Matt Reeves will probably drop out of Batman soon...

Colin never bothered me and I like JW so this is disappointing. And as long as Jack Thorne is attached to this film its a disaster waiting to happen. If the new director fires Thorne it will go a long way towards making me feel all right with this situation.

As for Rian being hired, I need to actually watch Episode 8 before I decide if that would be a good thing. Id be fine with them hiring Abrams tho.

Good. They should have never hired him in the first place.

But... it's the 4th highest grossing movie of all time.

Well, maybe I should've said around the hype I'm in the minority.

Colin never bothered me and I like JW so this is disappointing. And as long as Jack Thorne is attached to this film its a disaster waiting to happen. If the new director fires Thorne it will go a long way towards making me feel all right with this situation.

As for Rian being hired, I need to actually watch Episode 8 before I decide if that would be a good thing. Id be fine with them hiring Abrams tho.

I'd be fine with Abrams again as well.

I hear David Lynch is back in town. Wanna try again?

I'm going to reiterate my desire for Johnson to to finish out the trilogy.

Just get the right person in. IX is THE BIG ONE!

Probably not.... But Patty Jenkins hasn't signed on for WW2 yet....

It wouldn't matter if she wasn't, she's also signed up to do a mini series on TNT with Chris Pine , which shes' currently developing.

I kind of figured that this would happen, with the Book of Henry backlash and the various director troubles they've been having. Kennedy definitely would want to have a steadier hand and less controversial pick to finish out the trilogy.

I will say, it is better that she can recognize a problem and fix it, rather than stick with what wasn't working.

Christopher Nolan rumors swirling on other boards.

Cross one name off the list:

Jordan Vogt-Roberts @VogtRoberts

My heart goes out to my dear friend @colintrevorrow. For anyone asking me to step in on this movie I'm just going to leave this right here:

DI_z_AKUwAAYdzc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"