Conan on TBS

That roll call of McCann's best characters brought back such great memories. I loved Cloppy, but I think I'll continue to miss Preparation H Raymond most of all.

Brian McCann's departure is a MAJOR loss for the show. Perhaps the biggest since Robert Smigel.

It's crazy to think that he's not going to be apart of the show anymore. He was involved in so many great skits since the beginning. Has he already left or is it coming up?

Not ragging on the guy (I actually like him) but how does Kimmel get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and not Conan?!?

Because stars are purchased. Usually as a promotional tool. If a big star has a big movie coming out, the studio gets them a star on the walk of fame to drum up headlines/interest.

I love the celebrity cameos from Tina Fey, Joel McHale, Jim Rash, Nick Offerman, Seth Green, Adam Scott, Fred Armisen, Jack McBrayer and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

^That was funny. Overall I agree with the guy, but Conan is right in that he should focus on making the show he actually writes for better instead of complaining about Jimmy Fallon. I love Conan. I think he's the funniest host working in late night, but the writing on his show could certainly be improved.

Ah, the good ol' days. Oldschool NBC Conan was just the best. :applaud

The Mr T bits, all the crazy characters on the show, and that one week (early-mid 2000s from memory?) of the writer's strike where Conan was basically just d*cking around filling time on his own was awesomeness.

One of my favorite comedy bands, Ninja Sex Party, are the musical guest tonight. Extremely hyped to see them getting some recognition.

Glad he'll still have that variety show, though, and I'm glad that Conan Wthout Borders will continue on TBS, as I've really liked those.

But man, Conan has had a hell of a journey through late night. We all remember the debacle when NBC screwed him out of The Tonight Show to get Leno back into the hosting slot, but he really did find new life when he moved to TBS. Sad to see his late night show end, but glad we can continue to see him on HBO Max.

It's sad that he won't be a late night staple anymore but it seemed like he was being pushed out already once his show was reformatted to 30 minutes from one hour almost two years ago.

Man, Conan is the only late night show host I like. I had good memories in high school watching his TBS show every day after homework.
He's been my favorite for a while. He's really the last of the "old guard" since Letterman and Leno retired. The rest of the late night hosts are mostly fine. I like Colbert and Kimmel and Seth Meyers is okay but Fallon is only watchable depending on the guests and Corden is just a sycophant.

Other than Conan, I also like Kimmel. Colbert and Meyers are just too political, Fallon is a bit of a sycophant, but Corden is ok IMO. I like some of his skits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"