Damon Lindelof Developing The Leftovers at HBO

you fellas read for a little International Assassin II: Electric Garveyloo?

Jyb8s81.png

I'm looking forward to tonight, yes. :D

So someone on Twitter made an interesting point about that door that Kevin needed to enter by identifying his junk...how does a woman gain entry?

Well that was weird. Nowhere near as good as International Assassin from last season IMO.

I never really caught on to the show until late in the game, but it made for a satisfying end.

...watched this from day 1, no regrets.

One of the best series, and series finales of all time.

"I'm here."

Nothing was really answered, lol. But I liked it anyhow.

Great finale. Sad to see it go.

Lindelof had a great response to this in the after show talk - the questions and issues nagging our main characters are resolved. Peace is found, but the greater question about the Departure still remains.

Extraordinary finale and an absolutely perfect third season. I was tearing up from the first few moments. Mimi Leder is a champion and I hope her work on this show is recognized. Bravo to Damon and the entire cast.

I love how this show dealed with stuff we can all be related to in some way or another. It used the Departure as a catalyst but it wasn't the main focus of the show, it was the characters and their lives after that event. It was a very powerful show and I'm kinda glad they decided to finish it early before going off the rails.

If you were watching this show for answers, then I'm sorry. Tom and Damon both addressed this years ago, the show was never about 'the physical departure/science/etc.'.

This was always about emotions, loss, love, and family. Yes, the show dabbled here and there with the notions you're addressing, but at its core and from the pilot to the finale, it was always about the latter.

Even if you don't believe Nora or feel like Kevin's "travels" were merely psychological, all you need to care about in the end is that they didn't and that's what brought them finally at peace together through this whole crazy story.

Ugh, this show. ****ing masterpiece, and so perfect in telling something that rarely ever gets put into a television show or film. I can't think of another piece of media where I cried or laughed (personality wise) as much as I did than towards these characters.

The dance may be one of the best moments on TV this year. I didn't know how attached I was to these characters until I saw Justin and Carrie dance together - I didn't know how emotionally I could be affected by just a pair of looks. I wept very much.

One of the best shows out there, masterful work. Great ending to the series.

Great end to the show. I wasn't sure what the hell happened until the end but that's kinda typical of this show and what makes it work. Interesting how the departure essentially just split the world in two (unequal) parts.

Oh hey, anyone else notice that the actor who plays Dean ("They're not our dogs anymore") is a dead ringer for that a**hole congressman who body slammed the reporter?

Do you think Nora actually crossed over or is just a story she made up? I think obviously the show leaves it deliberately open-minded, but I like some of the specific details of it (less people, less pilots available).
I like the fact the show gave a possible explanation of where the people went, and the way they did it is completely satisfying.

Yeah, I think she went. I mean, if the whole thing with those two scientists was a hoax, why would she keep up the lie? I would think that she, or any of the other people who supposedly crossed over, would have been so p***ed off that they would have brought the whole thing down.

I guess it's possible that she called it off at the last second but it didn't look that way from what we saw. I would think it probably would have been too late at that point. Maybe not, but it seemed like she was passed the point of backing out. Though it is strange that we didn't actually see her cross over. So I think the showrunners want to keep that seed of doubt planted.

Oh my god. What a f***ing ending. In case there was any doubt that Carrie Coon was an all timer, this settled it.

Certainly has to do with the short length but I've rarely felt the urge to revisit a whole series the way I do here. It took a serious turn after its first season (the self seriousness of it never turned me off like it did others). I'm really curious to see how it would adhere in hindsight.

This whole series has made me appreciate Lindelof in a way I didn't before. I have a lot of admiration for him as a writer, even if he whiffs the execution a lot of the time. He tackles these big ideas and themes with deep character work that's hugely ambitious. When it works, it can be transcendent.

Can someone spoil/summarize the finale for me?

Binge watched the whole series over the past few weeks. Only saw the first 1-2 episodes around the time they were airing and then fell off. I'm half saddened that I wasn't keeping with it when it was current, half 100% sure I wouldn't have been able to deal with the first season on a weekly basis. The second and third, maybe. But the first? Ehh...

Really great stuff, though. Great performances. Can't wait to see what the cast does next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"