David Harbour is the Red Guardian

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
'Stranger Things' Star David Harbour Joins Scarlett Johansson in Marvel's 'Black Widow' (Exclusive)

Marvel could tell you who Harbour is playing but then they'd have to kill you. (Not really. Character information for Harbour was not yet revealed.)

Harbour is in the midst of having a Hollywood moment. The actor headlines with his first movie, Lionsgate’s comic book-based Hellboy, which opens April 12, and recently wrapped a turn opposite Chris Hemsworth in action thriller Dhaka. In July, he returns for season three of Netflix's Stranger Thingsin which he plays sheriff Jim Hopper, the breakout and fan-favorite role that has garnered him Emmy and Golden Globe nominations as well as a SAG Award win.

Based on the character descriptions of an "older male contemporary", he sounds like another agent or even a handler from her time as a KGB spy.

I will never understand the love for Omega Red.

My money is on Ivan Petrovich.

Omega Red I think

Does Omega Red factor much in the background of Black Widow? Another question... Would this film be budgeted to realize OR's powers?

I wonder what his Russian accent is like?

I wonder what his Russian accent is like?

I wondered that too. Turns out he did play a Russian on stage in a Tom Stoppard production where his character was called Nicholas Stankevich. But who knows if they used accents in the play? Could have been one of those deals where the actors used their regular voices even though it's a story from a different time and place.

Is he Ivan Petrovich? He could also be Crimson Dynamo or Red Guardian.

Crimson dynamo would be epic. And might explain her lack of trust in stark

Crimson dynamo would be epic. And might explain her lack of trust in stark
Her being a spy and KNOWING Tony is enough for her to be suspicious of Stark. :cwink:

That said... a version of the Winter Guard figuring into this would be awesome.

Ugh so excited for him in this. LOVE the look but it's probably not entirely for this movie *wink wink*

Super cool. I wonder if David speaks Russian?

When I went to Russia I found that part didn’t matter as much as adequately supplying people with vodka haha

This is exciting: I was probably least excited for Harbour in this film, but his new description of the character sounds awesome - if he’s the Soviet Union’s answer to Cap, maybe he’s been basically a relic since the end of the Cold War and is kind of outdated and unsure of what he’s supposed to do. Kind of like Widow herself. There’s a lot that could be done with the character.
Btw, with Harbour not playing her father, my money is still on “Ivan” being revealed as Ivan Druig, aka Druig the Eternal.

Do you think maybe that’s a cliche that’s a bit old now? Cold War relic, now put out to pasture and doesn’t know what to do.

It would be interesting to see what happens to a superhero in Putin’s Russia. I could see him being endorsed as a show of strength but heavily controlled with his family frequently threatened

Do you think maybe that’s a cliche that’s a bit old now? Cold War relic, now put out to pasture and doesn’t know what to do.

It would be interesting to see what happens to a superhero in Putin’s Russia. I could see him being endorsed as a show of strength but heavily controlled with his family frequently threatened

If they want the film to play in Russian theaters, I don’t know if they’ll do that. But I agree, it would be cool.

Well, maybe not mention Putin specifically but you know, something other than the Cold War relic thing

When can we expect an official first look image of Harbour as Guardian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"