David Harbour is the Red Guardian

David lives in my neighborhood and I’ve seen him multiple times now. His step-kids go to the same school as mine. I always want to tell him I’m a fan but it’s not cool to do that where he lives.

I hope David brings all of his fans along for the ride. :up:

David Harbour was good here. Basically the movie's comic relief, but at least he was funny.
The trailer indicates that he is a father figure to Natasha & Yelena.
That's an interesting spin.
Especially, since he was Natasha's husband in the comics.

David played to his comedic strength in this role as a washed up discounted version of Cap who happens to be Russian. He definitely has the super Strength, durability and stamina. However his body seems to have aged so I don’t think he got Erskine super Solider serum but a Russian knock off.

He seems to have never actually faced Captain America (Steve Rogers), but eagerly wanted too.

I really liked him in this. If we see him again I wanna see him in shape but still kinda goofy.

David played to his comedic strength in this role as a washed up discounted version of Cap who happens to be Russian. He definitely has the super Strength, durability and stamina. However his body seems to have aged so I don’t think he got Erskine super Solider serum but a Russian knock off.

He seems to have never actually faced Captain America (St ve Rogers), but eagerly wanted too.

Not sure what you mean here. Cap ages. But yeah it's a safe bet he didn't get the Erskine formula. No one but Cap has that, as far as I know.

I would've liked to see a flashback of him in his prime
Either that or just one really cool action sequence from him. He had a few good moments in that sense but one "wow" one would have been nice to see.

I really want a red guardian video game now. Just an uber drunk patriotic working class figure who’s final boss is actually fighting Captain America.

“fathers”.

So much unclear and opaque about the character and his history.

I love Dave but too much was hazy and under developed outside of some big broad characteristics, entertaining sure but I felt that "Russkie Cap out of his prime" was as far as they thought in terms of script.

I really enjoyed his character. The one sided rivalry he had with Cap was funny.

I think it would be cool if he had a run in with original Ant-Man at some point since Pym and Alexei could of been active around the same time.

David Harbour as Alexei/Red Guardian was the film’s biggest highlight

I really enjoyed his character. The one sided rivalry he had with Cap was funny.

I think it would be cool if he had a run in with original Ant-Man at some point since Pym and Alexei could of been active around the same time.

I think it would be fun to have him run into old Cap at some point, maybe have him not even realize it's Cap or just have him not believe it.

They could have a Red Guardian vs Fat Thor in a future movie.

Was very shocked he made it out of this film, but am so so happy he did.

Little headcanon but I'm gonna assume Yelena called him Crimson Dynamo by mistake because when she was younger Aleksei talked about his partners in Russia, and she just called him the first name that she remembered.

I for sure thought he was going to bite the dust when he started singing American Pie with Yelena right before the Red Room attacked

Really loved him in this, and I loved that they didn't shy away from the fact that he really was a bit of a bloodthirsty assassin and really wasn't a "good father," but still cared for his given family. Hope we get to see him again.

the fact that he's still alive at the end of the movie means that we'll likely see him again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"