• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

DC ELSEWORLDS: Reimagining Keaton Sequels & DC Films that Never Were

Looking back on it now, The Wachowskis might clash with Burton given that they both have very unique and different styles.:funny:.

While I wouldn't pick Burton as a Flash director, with this one, and several upcoming ones, I had Burton basically directing all the JL member films including Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Superman.

With this one, I was trying to envision what a Burton Flash film would look like, and how he might approach it , hence, alot of the wilder designs including the spooky black train. :oldrazz:

So, I was thinking about Burtons first two Batman films which had that art deco 40s look, while at the same time, I was thinking in terms of a much more futuristic Central city than it's Gotham City counterpart, so it looks more like an art deco, steampunk type of vibe.

I agree with you that there seems to be a superhero suit aesthetic that's leaning into the Ironman designs. The designs I picked came from the Injustice Gods Among Us game, I think.

Actually , come to thing of it, had this really been in the late 90s , the flash suit would probably look more like a updated version of the Shipp suit from the series than the designs here which are very 21st century in terms of its aesthetic .

As far as the cast goes, I tried to go with alot of actors that Burton has worked with in the past, since that tends to be how he's casted alot of his films.

Like Nolan, he tends to return to alot of the same actors who've worked on his prior films.
I got several of them in supporting roles in this cast.

Depp seemed like he would have been Burton's 1 one choice to play Barry Allen, and I think Carter fits Burton's Killer Frost to a T.

While I don't know if Burton would go with Pitt as RF, it would be fascinating to see Depp and Pitt play off of each other as rivals.

I don't think they ever did a film together, but it looks like there are a few pictures of them together.
3e6f62e1185721f386b0c6443afef5b5.jpg

fepcl3ypkqa3th9c_1587457193.jpeg
The directors will literary fight each other, haha.
Wachowskis were much more techno-thriller futuristic in Matrix. It was out the same year.
But if the Flash film had been closer to their Speed Racer, then I see the siblings capable of doing it

Going with Burton for every JL hero is one way to go. Will be fun to read it later.

I really think a Burton Flash would look like the John Wesley Shipp version, if they're going to have it similar to Keaton's films.
Put the two dressed up heroes next to each other and you will see how well they work in union :)

Is the huge black vehicle a train???????
A thought the only train in your pics was the copper colored one.

Burton's Batman is considered gothic. It's also an art deco element there somewhere, but more moody and dark. :)
Do you think Central City will be similar to Burtonverse Gotham but with added steampunk? That's a suggestion to think about :)
They can't drag the steampunk too far, I'll guess. It risk coming off as a Jules Verne adventure.
As you say yourself, make it more futuristic :)
But do you mean dark futurism, close to a dystopia? Like Blade Runner (but taking place in our time)?

I don't get why Flash's suit is designed more armor-like in that game, and in Snyderverse.
They add a lot of metal plates, layer after layer, on top of a hero who's meant to be FAST. Is it supposed to look cool or something? :ebr:

I see that you mention a look that's closer to Shipp, which I've already brought up :)

It's good to re-use actors :)
To be honest, maybe Pitt is a better candidate for Barry Allen than Depp?
Somehow, with Bonham Carter, I have a feeling that Killer Frost won't be too different from Bellatrix Lestrange, lol

Nice to see the old photos.
The second one, with three acting giants, represents the 90s so well
:up:

Last edited:
The directors will literary fight each other, haha.
Wachowskis were much more techno-thriller futuristic in Matrix. It was out the same year.
But if the Flash film had been closer to their Speed Racer, then I see the siblings capable of doing it

Going with Burton for every JL hero is one way to go. Will be fun to read it later.

I really think a Burton Flash would look like the John Wesley Shipp version, if they're going to have it similar to Keaton's films.
Put the two dressed up heroes next to each other and you will see how well they work in union :)

Is the huge black vehicle a train???????
A thought the only train in your pics was the copper colored one.

Burton's Batman is considered gothic. It's also an art deco element there somewhere, but more moody and dark. :)
Do you think Central City will be similar to Burtonverse Gotham but with added steampunk? That's a suggestion to think about :)
They can't drag the steampunk too far, I'll guess. It risk coming off as a Jules Verne adventure.
As you say yourself, make it more futuristic :)
But do you mean dark futurism, close to a dystopia? Like Blade Runner (but taking place in our time)?

I don't get why Flash's suit is designed more armor-like in that game, and in Snyderverse.
They add a lot of metal plates, layer after layer, on top of a hero who's meant to be FAST. Is it supposed to look cool or something? :ebr:

I see that you mention a look that's closer to Shipp, which I've already brought up :)

It's good to re-use actors :)
To be honest, maybe Pitt is a better candidate for Barry Allen than Depp?
Somehow, with Bonham Carter, I have a feeling that Killer Frost won't be too different from Bellatrix Lestrange, lol

Nice to see the old photos.
The second one, with three acting giants, represents the 90s so well

I think I could also see it having a bit of the 1940s and 1950s conception of what the future would look like.

More like the bright, shiny, technicolor future than was imagined in films from the 1940s and 1950s.

Like the perfect, technologically advanced city of the future , even though the film is set in the contemporary time, much like The Burton Batman films

I think about the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons which blended art deco looks but with futuristic style technology or like visions of future cities from the 1940s and 1950s
test_pic1562626054482.jpg

36ab5d096b0afd59c9db80747628137e.jpg

JS24133177.jpg

alexander-weygers-1950-san-francisco.jpg

Cinematography wise, I see it blending some of the brighter color palettes of films like Big Fish for central city in the daytime, while also sharing some of the darker night time colors of the first Batman.

big-fish2.jpg

Big-Fish-Still-4.jpeg

images

sfc407gdkj661.jpg

Though , I imagine Burton's central city to be much cleaner and safer than Burton's Gotham.

MV5BYzBlYjYzZWItODkxNC00NGQ5LTg0MDctYjFiMjRlYjYxMTUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

MV5BN2Y1M2NiMzAtYWZjZS00NGU3LTlhMDQtNWUzNTYzMTY2YTdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

At the same time, I imagine the citizenry wearing very 1940s and 1950s era clothing such as in films like Stuart Little.

Very vibrant colors as opposed to The Gotham Citizenry which wore more muted browns, greys, and black colors

maxresdefault.jpg

So it wouldn't be like Bladerunner futuristic. Ironically, I think the Wachowskis would lean towards the Bladerunner astetic more, which is probably one of the things they would come at logger heads about with Burton.

The Flash suit would probably be a fusion between Keaton Batman 89 suit and the Shipp flash suit.
Batman-1989-Flash-1990.jpg

20th_Century_Fox_Logo_1935_1966.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

BATGIRL (1968-1970)
Producer : William Dozier
ar1n6hb4o4c21.jpg

d9zob7f-17b903a8-136a-4655-8da0-b8311e3a6497.jpg

The Cast

aa92437ebded5831e84917ba3602cc8c.gif

Batgirl / Barbara Gordon : Yvvone Craig

tve7335-31-19660202-0.jpg

Commisoner James Gordon : Neil Hamilton

abVLrrr_460s.jpg

Renee Montoya : Rita Moreno

DWwKh0uVMAEjeT-.jpg

Crispin Allen : Duane Jones

honourBlackman0604a-4.jpg

Black Canary : Honor Blackman

Ali+MacGraw+Love+Story.jpg

Huntress : Ally Macgraw

john-saxon.jpg

Black Mask : John Saxon

hopper_banner_23424239_465_346_int.jpg

Killer Moth : Dennis Hopper

WarWagon.jpg

Firefly : Bruce Dern

25686175846_ca5fffbb4d_z.jpg

Joker and Harley Quinn: Caser Romero and Goldie Hawn

francenuyen.jpg

Lady Shiva : France Nuyen

gene-wilder-sarcastic.gif

Mad Hatter : Gene Wilder

5b6bbf2e4a171febd01d859221386478.gif

Scarecrow : Anthony Perkins

Julie-Newmar.jpg

Catwoman : Julie Newmar

images

Talon : Diana Rigg

b592b88ad3c81c86e877dc9f82ab5747.jpg

Poison Ivy : Ann Margret

joe-robinson-KKG82J.jpg

Blockbuster : Joe Robinson

05E7AB80000005DC-0-image-a-77_1446697017272.jpg

Velvet Tiger : Raquel Welch

the-penguin-batman.gif

Penguin : Burgess Meredith

226878-david-peel.jpg

Max Shreck : David Peel

dbzykgk-be98c2f7-3778-43cb-8126-a1a743eff359.jpg

Two Face : William Shatner

51O7Es5B+tL._AC_.jpg

Batwoman/ Kate Kane : Jane Fonda

9fKiEOkLDn6nnBnKiU2Uh8UOo6n.jpg

Katana : Mie Hama

I think I could also see it having a bit of the 1940s and 1950s conception of what the future would look like.

More like the bright, shiny, technicolor future than was imagined in films from the 1940s and 1950s.

Like the perfect, technologically advanced city of the future , even though the film is set in the contemporary time, much like The Burton Batman films

I think about the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons which blended art deco looks but with futuristic style technology or like visions of future cities from the 1940s and 1950s
test_pic1562626054482.jpg

36ab5d096b0afd59c9db80747628137e.jpg

JS24133177.jpg

alexander-weygers-1950-san-francisco.jpg

Cinematography wise, I see it blending some of the brighter color palettes of films like Big Fish for central city in the daytime, while also sharing some of the darker night time colors of the first Batman.

big-fish2.jpg

Big-Fish-Still-4.jpeg

images

sfc407gdkj661.jpg

Though , I imagine Burton's central city to be much cleaner and safer than Burton's Gotham.

MV5BYzBlYjYzZWItODkxNC00NGQ5LTg0MDctYjFiMjRlYjYxMTUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

MV5BN2Y1M2NiMzAtYWZjZS00NGU3LTlhMDQtNWUzNTYzMTY2YTdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

At the same time, I imagine the citizenry wearing very 1940s and 1950s era clothing such as in films like Stuart Little.

Very vibrant colors as opposed to The Gotham Citizenry which wore more muted browns, greys, and black colors

maxresdefault.jpg

So it wouldn't be like Bladerunner futuristic. Ironically, I think the Wachowskis would lean towards the Bladerunner astetic more, which is probably one of the things they would come at logger heads about with Burton.

The Flash suit would probably be a fusion between Keaton Batman 89 suit and the Shipp flash suit.
Batman-1989-Flash-1990.jpg
You give very good examples of how the city will look.
Retro futurism is awesome.

There's a point in having Central City safer, brighter and more clean :)
But that doesn't stop a big number of criminals, lol

Vobrant colors will look nice!

When looking at your film examples, perhaps Ewan McGregor should play Barry Allen?
The thought came to me.

As it was 1999, it's true that Wachowskis will go for tech noir sci fi.
This was before they did Speed Racer. But that film would be a better model for Flash.

You suggest that the suit will be half Keaton-bat, half Shipp. How?
They are already similar. That pic is as close as it gets to how Flash will look inside Burtonverse.
Do you suggest they make it more Batman-esque? Even if they lose some of the "Flash feel" in the process?
Maybe they will use the Bat89 design, but paint it red, replace the ears with golden wings, ditch the cape, and we get Flash??
Then I think it will look like a red Batman variant :oldrazz:

You suggest that the suit will be half Keaton-bat, half Shipp. How?
They are already similar. That pic is as close as it gets to how Flash will look inside Burtonverse.

I could see Burton keeping the basic design of the Shipp suit, but an even darker red and perhaps making it more Rubber texture much like he planned with Cage's Superman.
1222694_The-Death-of-Superman-Lives-What-Happened.jpg

I could also see Ewan as Barry Allen circa late 90s and early 00s.
Very Good suggestion:yay:.
MV5BNDQ0ZDg0MTktZTYyNy00YWQxLWIxZTctMWNmYjZmMjUzNDk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BYmE0MjBkMTQtOTVjNS00Zjk2LTk5OWQtYmI4MzJjODNjMjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

638752_1297352086707_full.jpg

CBS_color_logo_1965.gif

THE SHADOW (1967-1969)
Executive Producer : William Dozier
53TDgM48_0502140938161.jpg

The Cast

v_79979.jpg

The Shadow/ Lamont Cranston : Jeremy Brett

british-actress-and-model-jacqueline-bisset-photographed-in-the-on-picture-id82204411

Margo Lane : Jacqueline Bisset-

MV5BMjRhY2E4YzktYTFjZS00MTQ0LTk3YzAtYWFmNjBlYzlmYTdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_UY180_CR122,0,180,180_AL_.jpg

Moses "Moe" Shrevnitz : Al Lewis

cfe200f06f08ad5b9dca21487532102b.jpg

Commisoner Weston : Gale Gordon

acteur_simon-oakland_1197358286_1.jpg

Inspector Cardona : Simon Oakland

Recurring villains

13011551.jpg

Shiwan Khan : Keye Luke

james-shigeta.png

Toro Kondo : James Shigeta

41veXHzbYJL._AC_.jpg

The Black Sparrow : Sophia Loren

Stv2.jpg

Gangster Boss and Constant Foe of The Shadow : Jason Robards

Guest Stars

john-gavin-74e50cfb-2f3f-48dc-9a58-6d66365c172-resize-750.jpeg

The Phantom/ Kit Walker : John Gavin

green-hornet-and-kato.jpg

Green Hornet and Kato : Van Williams and Bruce Lee

stingrrtux-cl7-hattrench.jpg

The Sandman / Wesley Dodds : Robert Redford

6622617_da6414ca-cff2-478d-9542-14a376e26301.jpeg

The Spider : Richard Jaeckel

Last edited:
5127633da08276f29fcf5ae82c89e191.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

BATMAN SEASON 4 (1970-1971)
batman%2Blogo.JPG

Season 4 alternate history:
In the aftermath of ABC's cancelation of Batman in 1968, CBS offers to pick up the show for a proposed 4th season , but only as long as the sets remained in tact. Unfortunatley , with the sets destroyed CBS withdraws the option of renewing the once popular series. However, all hope is not lost , and when one door shuts another door opens.

In the Spring of 1969, NBC decides that it wants to renew Batman for a 4th season, though it will take time to reconstruct the sets and bring the actors from the original series back. At the same time however, the 60s are coming to a close and the network want the show to take a more serious approach akin to popular series such as Mission Impossible and The Mod Squad.
Yet they also want to retain the action and adventure of controversial series such as The Wild Wild West with its fight scenes .

Batman would return, but there would be several changes as the series debuts in the spring of 1970. The classic voice over, and the pow and biff elements, would be absent.
The format of the show would also switch to one hour akin to series like Hawaii 5-0.

Aunt Harriett would appear only occasionally as opposed to being a series regular. Batgirl would be absent , with plans to spin her off into her own series as was originally intended in the late 1960s.

Robin would now be in college living in a dormitory with roommates. This would set the stage for a potential Titans spin off series if season 4 was successful.

Bruce's playboy and bachelor life would be highlighted as much as him humanitarian side, while Wayne Enterprises would play a much bigger role in the series with the inclusion of Lucius Fox, Bruce Wayne's friend , who would know that he is really Batman.

In addition to Fox, The series would add Vicki Vale as a reported fascinated and infatuated with Batman, while at the same time, rejecting Bruce Wayne.
Two Batman skeptics would be added to the series in the form of Harvey Bullock , a detective who has a humorous rivalry with Chief O'Hara, and constant blow hard ,Mayor Hill, who, while constantly berating Gordon for relying on Batman, often finds himself in dire need of the Dynamic Duo's assistance.

While the most popular rogues such as Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman return, The series adds some newer rogues.

They included the long planned Two Face, The master of fear The Scarecrow, The Seductive but dangerous poison ivy, and two villians from The Caped Crusaders early adventures as Hugo Strange and The Mad Monk. The show also returns to some of the Batman comics noir elements by having Batman and Robin face mob threats such as Maroni and Rupert Thorne, while at the same time, uses Bondian globe trotting baddies such as Ra's Al Ghul and Talia Head.

Season four would also continue to feature several prominent celebrities in the roles of villains and would mark the return of Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Max von Sydow became the 4th actor to portray Mr.Freeze, and Gene Wilder replaced David Wayne as The Mad Hatter

Highlights of the season included the special two hour premiere showing DA Dent's descent into becoming the supervillain Two face, and a Batman episode highlighting Batman's confrontation with Joe Chill which garnered the series emmy nominations, including Adam West's emotional performance in the episode.

While attempting to stray away from the more controversial and hot button issues of the early 1970s, the show does reflect some of the sensibilities and tones of the coming decade, yet it still thrived to keep the adventure and escapism of the original series.

At the end of the triumphant 4th season , plans were made to develop a 5th season for 1971 and 1972 , a Titans spin off series , and a Batgirl series. The fourth season proved , that despite what critics may have felt in 1968, Batman truly could last forever.

The Main Cast

adam-west-batman-1966.jpeg

Batman/ Bruce Wayne : Adam West

burt-ward-batman-20th-century-fox.jpg

Robin/ Dick Grayson : Burt Ward

4d2e59b96360114189b1962ce069335f--batman--batman-.jpg

Alfred : Alan Napier

DmqvuM3XsAErmDL.jpg

James Gordon : Neill Hamilton

8319df5be9ebf4bb110fdb23a4a85686.jpg

Chief O' Hara : Stafford Repp

Dyan+Cannon+The+Love+Machine.JPG

Vicky Vale : Diane Cannon

nrIUz3Y9_mhNZjgKdp9Hj9tbOqKeh6C5LrgXOG-6BelCKzivAqRvIA9CbVhA8g9MGoXhmhWjuZlyIrRsUl-RWv6lqqbMbop2s3KWF_C7cbn6QYJzfl-5Z0UxYo2_-Zk

maxresdefault.jpg

Harvey Bullock : Vincent Gardenia

c9e87b8164d48c032e279578f9226636.gif

Mayor Hamilton Hill : Harold Gould

A-1203001-1485490246-4090.gif.jpg

Lucius Fox : Greg Morris

Recurring Villains

126735.jpg

Catwoman : Julie Newmar

zQdP7ih.jpg

Two Face/ Harvey Dent : William Shatner

MV5BNDU2YzJhZDItNDYwOS00NDk3LThkMjMtZTg1ZjJhOWY4ZjRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2MzI2Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Scarecrow : Anthony Perkins

Cesar-Romero-Joker-Batman-The-Movie-Leslie.jpg

Joker : Ceasar Romero

maxresdefault.jpg

Penguin : Burgess Meredith

rex-harrison-rex.gif

Gentleman Ghost : Rex Harrison

riddlerfrankgorshin.jpg

Riddler : Frank Gorshin

O5q0.gif

Manbat/ Kirk Langstrom : Russell Johnson

omar-sharif-captain-nemo.jpg

Ra's Al Ghul : Omar Sherif

2ikwzGX

Talia : Arlene Martel

s-l300.jpg

Sal Maroni : Dean Martin

413652_full.jpg

Deadshot : Charles Bronson

180801_074920_1.jpg

Rupert Thorne : Carroll O'Conner

1969-Press-Photo-Actor-John-Saxon-hcp85744.jpg

Black Mask : John Saxon

View attachment 49501
Poison Ivy : Ann Margaret

andres1-jpg.png

Mr. Freeze : Max Von Sydow

gene-wilder-sarcastic.gif

Mad Hatter : Gene Wilder

images
220px-Don_Rickles_Speaks%21.jpeg

Tweddle Dee and Tweddle Dum : Ed Asner and Don Rickles

wizrd073.jpg

Solomon Grudy : Richard Kiel

salems_lot_adaptaiton.jpeg

The Mad Monk : Reggie Nadler

MV5BMTczYzlhMWMtOGZkOC00YmFkLWE3MDYtNWZjMWJlY2VjZDc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Clayface : Richard Burton

david-hemmings_522085.jpg

Mad Mod : David Hemmings

MV5BMTBiYWYxMGUtNGIyMy00NDU2LTg1YTgtYzc5OWEyN2ViNDdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNjE2NA@@._V1_.jpg

Hugo Strange : Donald Pleasance

easy-rider-sunglasses-peter-fonda5.png

Count Vertigo : Peter Fonda

Ernest-Borgnine-as-Don-Pedro-Sandoval-in-A-Bullet-for-Sandoval-1969.jpg

Joe Chill : Ernest Borgnine

ar.jpg
Firefly : Joe Robinson

Additional BATMAN 1966 CASTNG

fec54f352ff695698d84b0d36ed3e8e4.jpg

Bane : Peter Lupus

f653724bf44c27e602c75a7a7d128073.jpg

Killer Croc : Ted Cassidy

A-310191-1402482664-5619.jpeg.jpg
LatePoorDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Ventriloquist and Scarface : Fred Wyn as Ventriliquist also providing scarface voice

ES-R0g0WAAEIaCB.png

The Phantasm / Andrea Beaumont : Angie Dickensen

MV5BMTIzODYyMTcxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzczOTAz._V1_UY264_CR74,0,178,264_AL_.jpg

Carmine Falcone : Harold R Stone

tumblr_pzf7i5g3dW1wzvt9qo1_640.gifv

Rachel Dawes : Paula Prentiss

The+Baron+Steve+Forrest+as+John+Mannering+ITC+show+star+SWAT.png

Hush / Tommy Elliot : Steve Forrest

25686175846_ca5fffbb4d_z.jpg

Harley Quinn : Goldie Hawn

4bqjkfmmbjc7fbm7.jpg

Professor Pyg : John Mcgiver

qQqJ6tUNHHJWTrUJNR3D5xYFf28.jpg

Gilda Dent : Marylin Eastman

JudyGeeson13.jpg

Holly Robinson : Judy Geeson

og-jessica-tandy-37839.jpg

Leslie Thompkins : Jessica Tandy

tumblr_oi3np1gqWK1uk1o5no1_400.gifv

Lady Shiva : France Nuygen

julie-christie_u-l-pqdfof0.jpg

Silver St Cloud : Julie Christie

maxresdefault.jpg

Calendar Man : George C Scott

GpJqX-1559852468-2545-blog-brady%20bunch%20reboot.jpg

Jason Todd : Christopher Knight

1080.png

Jeremiah Arkham : Henry Fonda

vlcsnap-2015-10-31-16h54m51s17.png

Max Shreck : David Peel

b46074b5c4c2b83993b0123f2f57bfd5.gif

The Creeper : Jerry Lewis

190aca6588648c2f7c665a096e517eef.jpg

Nocturna : Kate O'Mara

images

Ubu : Milton Reid

BernardLee.jpg

Roland Daggett : Bernard Lee

Last edited:
200.gif

DICK TRACY (1940s)
Director : Howard Hawks

DQ3H9a4VAAUpSN8.jpg

The Cast

internal-16.jpg

532884-amazon.jpg

Dick Tracy : Humphrey Bogart

41e9tegYF6L._SX385_.jpg

K1Pb0G-_lJwunZ-TvGX6fSV_qgm4Uh5tQB_T3-15gkPZBd8QE4rLasJhX84REYzfj6x-HVa0Q6xIF6skN0G7R29g4siyiK0YOd_tfLuESXPMae-lwGxrBa5BQBGuyUD_wIY_ZWlFkLtRyNvV68clrD0C

The Kid : Tommy Moore

article_MAUREEN_OHARA.jpg

1058992-tesstrueheart_0.jpg

Tess Trueheart : Maureen O'Hara

0de9b2de830edbb871ff878a28f508ca--peter-lorre-golden-age.jpg

1281433-bbc_001.jpg

Big Boy Caprice : Sydney Greenstreet

MV5BYWQyYjNkMDUtMDdlYy00MzU0LWFkMmMtYjRjYjk5YmQzZTM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIwODk1NTQ@._V1_.jpg

tumblr_mpnjzr5TaA1s4rha3o3_250.gifv

Flat top : Paul Muny

MV5BZjM0ZDFmMWMtOGVmMC00ODlkLWIwYWYtYzhlNjRjZTJlMjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2MzI2Ng@@._V1_UY180_CR28,0,180,180_AL_.jpg

4951a835e777a4117099ec961184da6e-800.jpg

Itchy : Alan Baxter

zap-photo-richardwidmark_kissofdeath_240

image-asset.jpeg

Influence : Richard Widmark

LegitimateMelodicJavalina-size_restricted.gif

images

Lips Manlips : Edward G Robinson

original.gif

breathless-1.jpg

Breathless Mahoney : Lana Turner

238c7cdace770f0c40cb96e07b7e62b631e12a04.gifv

images

Pruneface : Raymond Massey

images

ElyH0ICXUAABUyg.jpg

Mumbles : Danny Kaye

tumblr_lqnq3jl7lo1qbeubd.gif

1280492-88_keys.jpg

88 Keys : Fred Astaire

LividNeighboringAxolotl-max-1mb.gif

24116_normal.jpg

The Brow : Joseph Cotten

lorre.jpg

The-Rodent.jpg

The Rodent : Peter Lorre

AlanHale.1003508.jpg

2038152-immagine.png

Chief Brandon : Alan Hale

thomas-mitchell.jpg

hnnDTKH_TK0szftTqCcxgM5oEFG0h68K5h_x9kP6-peq2iPfZyzJci9jKGV1ci0wPelHGuJPwwQjVNJmtaNBE14Vh2EL9O12_G1oT__tk_c76I8JNetfQy8PUxGrB5a2

2038156-immagine4.png

Pat Patton : Thomas Mitchell

robert_mitchum___the_dancing_masters.jpg

Sam_Catchem.jpg

Sam Catchum : Robert Mitchum

hume-cronyn-in-shadow-of-a-doubt.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Bug Bailey : Hugh Croyn

s-l300.jpg

7piUC37ugWWo1wzhYuquvR8Hu8noRxKsfPXKbTAP3w-UGe7NFdOZyxNN4qqSivHCJb4R1egD-M-B7sY6sT3ltpgSMxBwvfY

24124_normal.jpg

The Blank : Boris Karloff

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL (1964-1967)
Producer : William Dozier
7c3609c4c3eb347455ca33e90ad29dd4.jpg

The Cast

625.jpg

Billy Batson : Butch Patrick

rock-hudson-news-photo-1587614604.jpg
Captain Marvel : Rock Hudson

MV5BZmZlMGU3YmUtNzUyYy00ZGZkLWI5OWQtOTBjYzQ3NzQxODFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE5ODAzNg@@._V1_.jpg

RGVLFxEZunx_aPNTnCVRNgMCXpZSJtQelj1L2TxoxpOO6ou33gPNJeusH-OshxgWcTXOy4XiPTLNRWiPIap_1g-TkZQQY_5SY9LFgRZJmRx6HmRr3XL-oTPtTKa-uqLsReZmL6OXAoY

Freddy Freeman : Ron Howard

hqdefault.jpg

Mary Broomfield : Angela Cartwright

dawnwells2020.jpg

Mary Marvel : Dawn Wells

YYT9Yidv_400x400.jpeg

Captain Marvel Jr : Mark Goddard

MV5BOGE5ODU0NzgtNzQwMS00ZDgzLTg0MGMtZTYxYjA2N2QxZTE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_UY180_CR122,0,180,180_AL_.jpg

The Wizard : Leo G Carroll

fea26aeabc93d6977d7340b0c4ad519e--pernell-roberts-sexy-eyes.jpg

Black Adam : Pernell Roberts

6898011_114304038956.jpg

Doctor Sivana : Wilfred Brambell

mister-mind-display.jpg

Mr. Mind voice : David McCallum

MV5BMDBlZjc0ODktM2M1My00Yzk0LWI3NTQtZWQyZmQ3NGY0MjhjL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

Captain Nazi : Earl Holliman

2555353-tawky_tawny_underestimating_tigers.jpg

Tawky Tawny : Sean Connery

OUR_TOWN_MUSEUM_REEVES.jpg

King Kull : Steve Reeves

s-l400.jpg

Aunt Minerva : Barbara Stanwyck

Last edited:
xdGf41viCqJTwVk4WRhB16JifquTdSZY8EG-oXmlE2lGdLvDgLuK51ssr_cpKlOst5jSfCofpb1ZFzjjp2jZvv91HOSe2E0WGE6AM-e_BxvP1roDR5mrZPzwUdLCsAhd89FKgwQ2J7YvfQRHbDo3LLzfQ38XSHOScs1m

3027046-inline-8warner-bros-logo-1971-thx-1138.jpg

BLACK LIGHTINING (1972)
Director: Melvin Van Peebles
tumblr-nfqiiwenvs1qbgo38o1-1280_qtv8.jpg

The Cast

msdhima-ec005.jpg

5de9b4daf8546deca0503c892deb047f--black-lightning-black-art.jpg

Black Lightning/ Jefferson Pierce : Bernie Casey

MV5BMzM3MmRlNWYtN2U4Ny00ZjZiLWJkYzUtNjM0N2M2ZjIzNzA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

Gambi : Robert Duvall

017d3cf1825197657836a55e2b57f486.jpg

Lynn : Gloria Hendry

MV5BZWJhNTczZWYtYTE5Zi00ZmQxLWFhMWMtM2E0MGQ4ODEzNDUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

Tibias Whale : James Earl Jones

36614.jpg

Lala : Albert Popwell

_68472768_jimkelly_ap.jpg

Painkiller : Jim Kelly

MV5BODZiMDgyZjEtYTQ3YS00MmQxLTkxNmMtNWFmNWJiOWIxM2E0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_UY264_CR154,0,178,264_AL_.jpg

Alvin Pierce : Roy Glenn

esther_rolle_marquee.jpg

Lady Eve : Esther Rolle

lon-satton-1cc4834f-de82-46ae-bf74-59f219b7a22-resize-750.gif

SKteyOZgZ_4IcsrWiXfdP1jkRJH7I3szcImNrUXpxuO_rXD8fZaGLnj13nsauTJH3fTocr7GvC1QEoNnAk1Z4fIDoEe3S4FbypEvH3ifGJXIyiFGQ-7DQ2yYfNnXFucm

Inspector Henderson : Lon Satton

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

SUPERGIRL (1964 -1966)
dboj11z-b8506117-184a-474c-bc3b-e0f09431d271.jpg

The Cast

images
84ffa02249c94f074fd4a7d0d516c200.jpg

Supergirl/ Kara Zor El/ Kara Danvers : Marta Kristen

A-1052051-1476009615-7928.jpeg.jpg

Mon El : Horst Buchholtz

Diana-Hyland-January-25-1936-March-27-1977-celebrities-who-died-young-40869051-150-230.jpg

Lena Luthor : Diana Hyland

8644b7b179591b9cbd91836eee309910.jpg

The Martian Manhunter / J'onn Jonz : Percy Rodriguez

gilligan.jpg

Brainy : Bob Denver

maxresdefault-3.jpg

Cat Grant : Kim Novak

I could see Burton keeping the basic design of the Shipp suit, but an even darker red and perhaps making it more Rubber texture much like he planned with Cage's Superman.
1222694_The-Death-of-Superman-Lives-What-Happened.jpg

I could also see Ewan as Barry Allen circa late 90s and early 00s.
Very Good suggestion:yay:.
MV5BNDQ0ZDg0MTktZTYyNy00YWQxLWIxZTctMWNmYjZmMjUzNDk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BYmE0MjBkMTQtOTVjNS00Zjk2LTk5OWQtYmI4MzJjODNjMjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

638752_1297352086707_full.jpg
The suit is already a little rubber-esque. Perhaps Burton would make the fabric thicker and clunkier.
Maybe dark red too, yes. The contrast will not be as pointed out then.
Perhaps Burton will think Flash dominates the scenes too much with his usual shade of red, next to an all black Batman? And he wants to avoid that?

The Cage Supes suit have several designs. Isn't there also one with more vibrant colors?

Ewan could work as Barry with his more easy-going personality and British manners :)
He's elegant too.
I think the color red suits him. Do you agree? :)

Here are a couple pics of Cage

upload_2021-10-5_21-46-3.jpeg

upload_2021-10-5_21-46-34.jpeg

200.gif

THE ROCKETEER (1943)
Director: Victor Fleming
81Eo3+wAz6L.jpg

l0dkslzbdag01.png

The Cast

48119b481bf5577b273262e514d5c8d3.gif

giphy.gif

The Rocketeer Cliff Secord : Gary Cooper

gettyimages-3071938.jpg

Neville Sinclair : Laurence Olivier

a383d57ff4170f938b9c3d0955aabce8.jpg

Jenny : Ava Gardner

0PvDFPNb9RzBMxE41Gd0JCcxTHfDtDD4-fP_aII_T3Z1QXFnnHbSnODQfzBvX5dfo6v42vQK9MN92Jl4_lCwnyXD-7HupyxUPVlLVrmsCWOuNvyaMyzLtU9qomyXcBjvUnjqGowJk6NJUNpofn1n635J

walter-brennan-westerner.jpg

Peevy : Walter Brennan

b58dc8efd49aedae269bbda2f37af060.jpg

Luther : Ronaldo Hatten

sis-gomez-sherlockholmesandthevoiceofterror.gif

Eddie Valentine : Thomas Gomez

4.jpg

Howard Hughes as Himself

Last edited:
s-l300.jpg

STARGIRL VS THE INJUSTICE SOCIETY (1965)
BlogRoll_Gen_JSAClas_5ebd90745aa2d3.79250220.jpg

361068-27329-injustice-society.jpg

The Cast

hqdefault.jpg

Stargirl/ Courtney Whitmore : Sally Field, with hair dyed blonde

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa1667e62-02a3-11e8-a2b0-4e5c7848ab02.jpg

Pat Dugan : Jerry Van Dyke

otoole9.jpg

Icicle : Peter O' Toole

tumblr_nxduxcXkHQ1r1ult6o1_400.gif

The Shade : George Lazenby

E-ORVlnWEAYuzk1.jpg

The Wizard : Vincent Price

7c96d20b60551caa1deebbe5fab43c0a.jpg

Brainwave : Johnathan Harris

9e3c7b3763fb528b9940a30f6db64d07.jpg

Sportsmaster : Lee Majors

384180_full.jpg

Tigress : Nancy Kwan

brad-dexter-92a7a810-72a4-4572-bc5b-129f1670fa7-resize-750.png

The Gambler : Brad Dexter

ToshiroMifune.131300.jpg

The Dragon King : Toshiro Mifune

kamala-devi.jpg

The Fiddler :Kamala Devi

61038_1.gif

Solomon Grundy : Richard Kiel

maxresdefault.jpg

Playhouse+90+TV.png

BATMAN : BIRTH OF THE JOKER (1957)
Airdate : October 1957
1xgvf6a157y61.jpg

CesarRomero_FMaquin.jpg

Plot :Gotham enforcer Jack Napier's got a problem. Not only has Jack been skimming cash off the top from his Boss Carl Grissom , but he's also been running around with his wife much younger wife Alicia .

At the same time , the corrupt Gotham P.D. is in Grissom's pocket , and ready they're ready to rub Jack out at any moment.

All the while, the mysterious and relentless Batman is taking down the mob one by one with Napier next on his list.

Jack is a marked man , but he may have one ace left up his sleeve. He's got enough dirt to bring down not just the Gotham Mob, but the Gotham PD .

All will come to a head at high midnight at a chemical factory which will change Napier and Gotham City, Forever, in this live teleplay on Playhouse 90 called, Batman :Birth Of The Joker!

The Cast

image (2).jpg
The Batman/ Bruce Wayne : Adam West

14932.jpg

The Red Hood/ Jack Napier : Cesar Romero

boris_karloff.jpg

Carl Grissom : Boris Karloff

linda-christian.jpg

Alicia : Linda Christian

al-capone-1.png

Lieutenant Eckhert : Rod Steiger

MV5BZGYyYTJkZDAtN2YyMS00ZGYzLWI3NDMtOGE4ZTcwMzNlZGYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDQ4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Captain James Gordon : Neil Hamilton

cast5-perry-mason-paul-drake.jpg

Detective Flass : William Hooper

apt2-cl1-suit1.jpg

Alexander Knox : Jack Lemon

c3c35e92beedf3683b734f5313104b53.jpg

District Attorney Harvey Dent : William Shatner

James%2BCagney%2BA%2BMan%2Bof%2Ba%2BThousand%2BFaces.PNG

Commisoner Loeb : James Cagney

12653-11711.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth : Alan Napier

vlcsnap-2020-02-02-22h07m01s561.jpg

Leslie Thompkins : Jessica Tandy

Now I saw the black train, lol.

But what is the "thing" in the second pic? A car/airplane hybrid?

I think it's supposed to be a train, albeit a futuristic jet slash space ship of a train.:funny:.

CoolImportantAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

THE PHANTOM(1937)
Director: John Huston
ga1g7q97svs61.jpg

The Cast

lf

The Phantom/ Kit Walker : Cary Grant

cf48f539385f5a5ccac518c7a260785a.gif

Diana Palmer : Myrna Loy

071d4bfb8efdd652617f071ac88022b2.jpg

Xander Drax : Clark Gable

knj13wjcyit21.jpg

The Great Kabai Sengh : Sessue Hayakawa

pow3re557.jpg

Jimmy Wells : Tyrone Power

7eff85fa1d7157b7531267a8d27491e4.jpg

David Palmer : Berton Churchill

700full-abraham-van-helsing-edward-van-sloan.jpg

Phantom's Father : Edward Sloan

1442501489740-58b8e7763df78c353c2556e2.jpeg

Sala : Hedy Lemarr

I've been thinking again about one of our favorite what-ifs, WW84 starring Lynda.

This is kind of an easy one, but I wanted to get y'all's thoughts. What specifically could they do with a big-screen Wonder Woman (and Carter's in particular) that they couldn't do on TV?

The first thing that comes to my mind is making the lasso light up light a lightsaber.

HD-wallpaper-wonder-woman-and-her-golden-lasso-wonder-woman-lynda-carter-ww-golden-lasso.jpg

1faa65981bcefcfadefa51ac18e0dbcbf63a266b.gifv

Last edited:
I've been thinking again about one of our favorite what-ifs, WW84 starring Lynda.

This is kind of an easy one, but I wanted to get y'all's thoughts. What specifically could they do with a big-screen Wonder Woman (and Carter's in particular) that they couldn't do on TV?

The first thing that comes to my mind is making the lasso light up light a lightsaber.

HD-wallpaper-wonder-woman-and-her-golden-lasso-wonder-woman-lynda-carter-ww-golden-lasso.jpg

tumblr_otcea9GG5x1uezmbko2_540.gifv

I did a post several pages back of a Lynda Carter WW84 film, though it was a tv movie.

In terms of what they could do, it depends on when the film was made.

If it was made in 1984 through the mid 80s, they could do alot of physical transformation stuff, old school style, with Cheetah akin to what Landis did in American Werewolf in London and The Thriller video

N4hmLn.gif
200.gif

Alot of Wonder Woman's fights and flying would still be wirework and the flying would still be akin to Reeve and Slater in the Donnerverse
644ebe31120f858cab7b4a4e830c2141.gif

My guess is the fights probably wouldn't have been that amazing in comparison to today, but it would certainly be better than a tv movie would.

It could either go the Superman vs Phantom zone villains route
37eef61edfee3f4063c11532e35c2566.gif

giphy.gif

Or they could have gone the more grounded martial arts style fighting , Batman 1989 way
Ol8E6JM.gif

Maxwell Lords conjuring of powers in the climax would be easy and look something like scenes from Ghostbusters and other supernatural films of the time

6a9c26960546a9a1b5eb382622b02a68ed9524ef.gifv

zLXa3CU.gif

In terms of the Steve body switch stuff, that'd be easy to handle and was used in a Steve Martin comedy from 1984 called all of me
TomlinWanger_AllOfMe_04-1-1600x900-c-default.jpg

In terms of the cast I choose for the WW 1984 , it was

lynda-carter.gif

Wonder Woman : Lynda Carter

MV5BYTkwZWFhOGMtYzIwMi00N2RlLThiNjEtZWNiYWJiYjM4OTg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMzMDI4MjQ@._V1_.jpg

zhora-salome-in-blade-runner-1982.gif

Cheetah : Joanna Cassidy

3e812fc3dd4386c4f203e8b555420ef7ea8a7441.gifv

tumblr_necqagTG891ra202ro1_640.gifv

Maxwell Lord : Dirk Benedict or Don Johnson

WARNER BROTHERS PICTURES PRESENTS

AQUAMAN (1997)
Director : Tim Burton
Producer : Jon Peters
Script : Sam Hamm
335953117f04c246b4072b41372463d8.jpg

tumblr_lt98snXxuv1r4p0cpo1_500.png

4280467-aquaman%20new%20armor.jpg

Aquaman+redesign+v8clr.jpg

Aquaman/ Arthur Curry : Casper Van Dien

images

7928ce39506cc9e5c6f4d497a3ba2d81.jpg

Mera : Sara Jessica Parker

Iju0yWCYcD24018hTeFqTOSJ9KX-ZpGsVaAuceTWUR1ay1oiOiAun4YhIGCfY4Ys_r7EDKiWH7n-lfHKIqHs-PlsAbtiSbkjRo0dZl060b7YgvgrOEyFO-MyEdYKXg

Vulko-Justice-League-concept-art-1-600x877-1-600x826.jpg

Vulko : Martin Landau

40c564392855f6f1bb920c7c3e7df6c7.gif

2463437ca0a99257e3224599b2c9e4b3.jpg

Orm : Skeet Ulrich

latest

d26e3afaf0492462b7b2cf51b1f52899.jpg

Hila Siren : Juliet Landau

6d2853f3e7de05b7f5830864c84e3d27.jpg

455af2c9ca87602e09fa4923ba4cbcbb.jpg

Atlanna : Miranda Richardson

Dy5AsnWUYAEt8rF.jpg

Thomas Curry : Albert Finney

aea582cc5ce74b3eb9e16232021e8839.jpg

8de859bad4b47d4143dae32b61967a09.jpg

578024ed023bfb07fb665493fed126aa.jpg

2022a2bc04f5fae9516c56034409fcff.jpg

Do_e99MXkAEgSbF.jpg

d21bdf07dc2edb37f06c01973658f14b.jpg

510-sDEiY5L._AC_.jpg

fcTElmq.jpg

020a2164687afc2de41ce5cf737da266.jpg

f8c5e2a3b42792f4ef5b444d3562c5bf.jpg

Atlantis
Airwings doesn't approve of re-designs, lol
I'll still see the film because of Tim Burton and his designs. He probably would have Atlantis look like the big church in Batman 89.
The first couple of your pics are already close to a cathedral feel.
I wonder if it will take place in a different world, or inside Burtonverse (with a lot of Batman hints).

Casper van Dien and Skeet Ulrich for Orin/Orm is a really typical 90s casting :)

batman-260_resize.jpg

latest

Airwings doesn't approve of re-designs, lol
I'll still see the film because of Tim Burton and his designs. He probably would have Atlantis look like the big church in Batman 89.
The first couple of your pics are already close to a cathedral feel.
I wonder if it will take place in a different world, or inside Burtonverse (with a lot of Batman hints).

Casper van Dien and Skeet Ulrich for Orin/Orm is a really typical 90s casting :)

batman-260_resize.jpg

latest

I imagine that the Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Superman films all take place in the Burtonverse with alot of Batman hints and nods. :cwink:

As such, Burton would radically reinterpret the costumes in some cases, with the typical 90s tendency to have heroes all look similar to Keaton's Batman by wearing mostly armored black costumes as opposed to brighter colors of their comic book counterparts.:funny:.

I think of the aesthetic of tv and film Superhero properties from the 90s like this in terms of blacks, and greys in their suits
intro-import.jpg

x-men-2000-costumes.jpg

41auLt6MMDL._RI_.jpg

MV5BODBlMjU2MmUtOTliOC00NWNjLWI3NGQtZTNhNWIzMDQ3YTZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDIwNTUxMg@@._V1_.jpg

I like your idea of the cathedral like structures in Burtons Atlantis.:word:
I gotta think that's what Burton's Atlantis would look like.

As far as Van Dien and Ulrich go, it's totally 90s casting:funny:.
Van Dien was popular due to Starship Troopers and Ulrich had Scream , so they were both two "of the moment" guys briefly in the late 90s.

Casper had a brief role in Sleepy Hollow, so that would have been wear Burton thought of him for the role.

91439e60174a57861b2b76e894572f03595f093e.gifv

83254a86e7fb810cd369fc7fdbeff9282d54a9eb.gifv

Last edited:
I did a post several pages back of a Lynda Carter WW84 film, though it was a tv movie.

In terms of what they could do, it depends on when the film was made.

If it was made in 1984 through the mid 80s, they could do alot of physical transformation stuff, old school style, with Cheetah akin to what Landis did in American Werewolf in London and The Thriller video

N4hmLn.gif
200.gif

Alot of Wonder Woman's fights and flying would still be wirework and the flying would still be akin to Reeve and Slater in the Donnerverse
644ebe31120f858cab7b4a4e830c2141.gif

My guess is the fights probably wouldn't have been that amazing in comparison to today, but it would certainly be better than a tv movie would.

It could either go the Superman vs Phantom zone villains route
37eef61edfee3f4063c11532e35c2566.gif

giphy.gif

Or they could have gone the more grounded martial arts style fighting , Batman 1989 way
Ol8E6JM.gif

Maxwell Lords conjuring of powers in the climax would be easy and look something like scenes from Ghostbusters and other supernatural films of the time

6a9c26960546a9a1b5eb382622b02a68ed9524ef.gifv

zLXa3CU.gif

In terms of the Steve body switch stuff, that'd be easy to handle and was used in a Steve Martin comedy from 1984 called all of me
TomlinWanger_AllOfMe_04-1-1600x900-c-default.jpg

In terms of the cast I choose for the WW 1984 , it was

lynda-carter.gif

Wonder Woman : Lynda Carter

MV5BYTkwZWFhOGMtYzIwMi00N2RlLThiNjEtZWNiYWJiYjM4OTg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMzMDI4MjQ@._V1_.jpg

zhora-salome-in-blade-runner-1982.gif

Cheetah : Joanna Cassidy

3e812fc3dd4386c4f203e8b555420ef7ea8a7441.gifv

tumblr_necqagTG891ra202ro1_640.gifv

Maxwell Lord : Dirk Benedict or Don Johnson
That's what I'm talking about!

The flying scene would be rad as hell, watching Diana go from TV super-jumps to big-screen wire-work to rival Superman all like "Yeah, she flies now."

tvu_RW.gif

04411f5b5f670ccdb57354dea260ed39d7ffa977.gifv

Another big one would be seeing Themiscyra and something like the young Diana opening.

ww84w2.jpg

I also had the idea of flashing back to WWII, since the TV show shifted the setting to present day after the first season in order to save money. This could play into the story as well; show Diana picking up one of her old cases in a plot that bridges the two eras. Lyle Waggoner would of course play both Steve and Steve Jr. and really show off how he makes the two characters distinct. Come to think of it, that'd be another way to reconfigure the body-switch idea.
1*_avr7o8M22vS26_RK7fW4g.jpeg

(While I was image searching, I learned that Waggoner almost landed Batman instead of Adam West. The hits just keep on coming.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"