DC: Year One-- Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Andy C.

Repent, Harlequin!
Reaction score

In light of recent extraordinary events, it may be prudent to consider the larger implications of what has happened, both to our cities and to ourselves as a society. Political leaders have been scrambling to respond, putting their own personal spins on it in the hopes of swaying voters. Military brass have begun pushing hard for massive new projects in preparation for some imagined catastrophe. Religious figures have been questioning their scriptures, some going as far as to call the arrival of these new incredible individuals a 'sure sign of the End Times.'

I, personally, see it as the beginning of a new age. Everything we know, everything we were once so sure to be true, has to be reviewed and rewritten. Society as we know it has been changed forever, and we have not even begun to feel the real effects of it. This may be the start of something incredible, or something horrible, but nevertheless, it is the start of something altogether new.

The question, then, is exactly when and where this brave new age began. I have been following these phenomena long before they were public knowledge, and there are several different places one could pinpoint as the starting point.

One could say it began some twenty-five years ago, when a freak meteor shower turned the night sky bright as day over the fields of Smallville, Kansas. In the years since, the number of inexplicable events in that region of the country has exploded, matching other stories of an 'angel in blue jeans' all around the world.

One could say it began in an alley in Park Row, Gotham City, with the shocking murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Since then, organized crime syndicates have grown so powerful and so connected that they have practically become a secret global empire, with Gotham as their capital.

Maybe it was the more recent sightings of 'monsters' in the Mediterranean region, being fought off by groups of armed women with incredible strength and speed.

Maybe it began with the rash of mysterious green lights appearing in the skies over the West Coast, eyewitnesses claiming to see these lights taking strange shapes before vanishing.

Or perhaps it started with the then-unknown upstart scientist Lex Luthor becoming the first private citizen to walk on the moon, using the automated mining colony he built there to harvest minerals needed for cold fusion. Practically overnight, LexCorp has advanced technology by decades, and established Luthor as the CEO of a privately-owned politcal superpower.

Myself, I believe the real beginning of this new age in which we find ourselves started with a few short words. Five of them, in fact.

Five words, captured by a shocked bystander with a cell phone. Five words, heard across the world. Five words that changed the course of human history.

"Look! Up in the sky!"

The new age has started, whether we're ready for it or not.

Welcome to Year One.

-Lois Lane, Daily Planet

DC: YEAR ONE

How to Play:

This game is based off of a player-created continuity, playing off the first days of the heroes and villains of the DC Universe. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and all of the rest have just begun their careers as costumed vigilantes, and are only beginning to discover the incredible wonders and world-threatening dangers that await them. As such, there is no pre-established continuity; players are free to take characters and customize them in more or less whatever way they want.

To apply for a character, fill out the application below. Applications will be reviewed by the GM and either Approved or Denied after 24 hours, to allow for competing Apps. If your application is Denied, fear not! You can re-write and revise your application based on the GM's and other players' feedback; however, if multiple people are vying for the same character and someone else gets it, you'll have to apply for a different character. All players are welcome, regardless of membership status or post-count.

Rules:

1: You may choose any superhero or villain in the DC Universe and revise them for the new continuity. Being that this is strictly a 'Year One' continuity, the only real restraint would be that all the heroes and villains involved would be brand new to the job-- if you want to play, say, a member of the JSA, they would have to be revised so that they're no longer the age-old veterans. Godlike characters such as Darkseid or the Endless may be used as NPCs, but will not be allowed as PCs without special permission from the GM.

2: You are allowed a maximum of two main characters. You also have free reign over the characters' supporting cast and rogues' gallery, provided that no other player is playing them. However, it is advised to keep sidekick characters and primary villains at least somewhat open as options for other players to take up.

3: You must post at least once every two weeks, preferably more, or your character will be up for grabs. Failure to post after 30 days will result in your character being removed from the roster.

4: PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe, either. Such behavior is frowned upon.

5: Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another's storyline, they do not have to. Likewise, please observe good etiquette and ask the other players' permission before jumping into a fight or interaction without their consent. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.

6: Sidekicks like Robin and legacy characters like Kyle Rayner or Wally West are technically allowed, but will be required to be permitted by the player in charge of the 'franchise' character. For instance, if you want to play Superboy, your acceptance will rely on the player playing Superman, and his/her thoughts. Given that this is a Year One game, though, they will likely have to be modified in order to fit in with the theme. While they're not off-limits, it would be preferable to establish the main line-up before delving into their respective 'families.'

7: You can travel anywhere on Earth or off-planet, provided it is within your character's means. Time-travel is forbidden, unless it is specifically required of your character choice. (IE: Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

8: You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character, don't just remote-control their powers, so to speak.

9: Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Hype! Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.

10: Be creative, and do not be afraid to try new and exciting things with old concepts. This is a new continuity - the laws of the regular DC Universe are not set in stone.

11: All regular Hype rules apply.

12: Have fun, damn it!

ROSTER:

HEROES

The Atom
MST3K4Ever

Diana of Themyscira
Andy C.

The Flash
Carnage27

Green Arrow
Carnage27

Green Lantern (Kai-Ro)
Bounce

Koriand'r of Tamaran
Sentarous

Superman
Andy C.

VILLAINS

The Penguin
MST3K4Ever

WALKING THE LINE

John Constantine
Carnage27

The Question
Hound55

Slam Bradley
Byrd Man​

DC Year One: Character Application:

Character Name:

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans):

Powers and Abilities:

Character Origin/Backstory:

Why this character?

What can you bring to the RPG?

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

Last edited:
vwMin.gif

I think I know who I want to try to be. I just need to figure out the logistics of getting back into the RPGs on top of work and school in a month. Regardless, I will be here. I will make this work, income and grades be damned!

Just need to pry MB out of Sam Walton's cold, lifeless talons...

I made him put in his two week notice. He's got free time now! I'll support him if need be.

Haven't logged into this craphole in a while. Feels like I should be blowing dust off of my account.

Anywho, as tempting as it is to apply for Superman and/or Bane, I'm leery about even the idea of treading over territory I've already been. I have my eye on Lex Luthor, although I'm still very much brainstorming and don't want to apply before having any sort of rough story framework in mind.

Long story short: I am here and noncommitted.

Last edited:
All right, let's get the Love Train rolling.

Character Name: Clark Kent, also known as The Superman

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Royal Blue, Georgia

Powers and Abilities:

From the files of General Sam Lane:

The Superman's alien biology has granted it phenomenal physical power. According to studies from (NAME DELETED), each cell in its body works as a solar-powered microscopic fusion reactor, the incredible energy output manifesting in several different ways. It is immensely strong, able to move an ocean liner with its bare hands, as well as fast enough to travel at speeds approaching Mach 3, and while claims of it being able to fly are thus far unsubstantiated, it has been recorded as being able to leap distances of several miles.

The Superman has also exhibited extraordinary senses, particularly it eyes. It is theorized that the alien can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum-- and emit various kinds of radiation from its eyes, most commonly in the form of lasers that can cut through solid steel. It has also been reported to 'hear' events happening at great distances, although the exact mechanism of this is unknown, since it has been shown to sense these events before the sound waves could reach its eardrums.

While it is extraordinarily tough, the Superman has its weaknesses and limitations. From all observed instances, the alien can only use its powers for a short time-- roughly five to seven minutes-- before fatigue begins to set in, after which its strength and invulnerability seem to fade. It seems impervious to anything short of heavy artillery, but a sustained barrage may be enough to incapacitate it. It has also shown to be pained by the use of hypersonic weaponry. Most notably, however, was its apparent poisoning in the presence of (REDACTED)-- on loan from our liason in the private sector, (NAME DELETED).

Twenty-five years ago, the night skies over Smallville, Kansas, lit up like the Fourth of July. A meteor shower, completely undetected by NASA or anyone else, rained down on the fields of the small town, causing a brief panic but thankfully little actual damage. The anomalous nature of the meteor shower itself made Smallville something of a hub for UFO enthusiasts and conspiracy theorists for years to come, but the people who live there never made much of a fuss about it. After all, it was only a few rocks, most barely the size of a baseball.

The good people of Smallville, however, had no idea about the mysterious silver sphere that came down in the wheat fields of Jonathan and Martha Kent.....

.....to say nothing of the baby inside of it, wrapped in a bright red blanket.....

Growing up, Clark Kent knew he was different from the other children. He could see things that nobody else could, the color of radio waves and wireless, the auras of living things. He saw people and animals that, according to everyone around him, didn't exist. He carried his red blanket everywhere, often tucking it into his backpack at school. While many of his classmates saw him as eccentric if not outright delusional, he did make a few friends, including fellow social Pariah Pete Ross and his first real glimpse of love, Lana Lang.

It wasn't until age ten that Clark started to realize just how different he was. Sneaking out after dark to look at the stars with Lana, Clark saw the world crawl to a halt when a drunk driver lost control of his car and jumped the curb, threatening to run the two of them over....until Clark caught the car with one hand. The accident was written off by the police as a drunk simply seeing things, but Lana and Clark knew what happened, and promised to each other to keep it a secret.

Through his teenage years, however, more 'incidents' like this began happening, and it became harder and harder for Clark to keep his secrets safe. Over time, he found he could lift heavy equipment and huge boulders with barely any effort, or run across forty acres in less than ten strides. Apart from his incredible abilities, he began having strange dreams, glimpses of people who were completely strange but immediately familiar to him, of a world he didn't recognize but that he still knew. When he asked his parents about it, they finally believed he was ready to know the truth....that he was not from this world.

This revelation shook Clark to his core, and instilled in him a powerful wanderlust. Feeling uprooted and adrift, Clark left home at age seventeen, taking up a career as a freelance journalist. He tried to keep his distance, to stay objective purely as a reporter, but time after time his conscience got the better of him, causing him to intervene when people's lives were in danger. This often led to him making enemies, mostly small-time warlords or cartels, but there were others as well.....powerful, well-connected enemies who would go to great lengths to find just who this "angel in blue jeans" really was...

Over time, Clark began to see that if he really wanted to help people, then maybe the answer didn't lie in running away from his alien heritage, but instead embracing it. At age twenty-five, Clark returned to Smallville and began crafting a new identity, gleaning what little he knew about his people from the ship he arrived in, starting with the realization that the big red 'blanket' he was wrapped in wasn't a blanket at all-- it was, in fact, a cape. The second part of his new persona came from his dreams, the visions of his long-lost world, and in particular a symbol, maybe some kind of family crest: a diamond-shaped shield with what looked almost like the letter 'S' inside.

Armed with a Bachelor's in Journalism, a suitcase full of blue T-shirts with his alien logo on it, and his trusty red cape tucked away in his luggage, Clark Kent set off to start a new life in the city of Metropolis......

Why this character?

Most of you guys know me, and in particular know my feelings about Superman. I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that Superman is my religion. And as such, I plan on crafting a mythology that's worthy of the greatest hero in all of fiction-- at the very least, one that isn't constantly turning him evil and having him murder people and be super-depressing all the time.

Apart from running the thing? Damn good character work and storytelling. And my secret recipe for five-alarm chili that will knock you on your butt.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

Something's wrong. I can tell even two blocks away, something is off about this.

A few seconds ago, I got word about a crane collapsing near the Queensland Bridge. It's taken me longer than I'd hoped to get there from the Planet-- one of the problems with the big city is that it's next to impossible to get a straight path long enough to build up some real speed, but I still manage to make it to the site just before the whole structure goes into free-fall.

Several hundred tons of steel and concrete begin to rain down onto the streets below, and then I see it. A single, bright blue SUV. And inside, a family of four. I have maybe two seconds to do something before they're crushed by the falling debris.

For me, though, two seconds is a lot of time.

I get enough of a running start that the world blurs around me for a split-second, before my reflexes kick in and everything but me starts to move at a snail's pace. Trying to catch the crane won't work-- there's so much mass spread so far that it would simply snap in two if I tried it. The only real option is to move the car itself.....but at my speed, it would be like an eighteen-wheeler plowing into it.

Something's wrong about all this, I know it. But those people are going to die if I don't do something. So.....here goes.

As I close in on the SUV, I stick my right leg out and duck low, sliding like I would in baseball. I get a hand underneath the rear axle and I heave, flipping the SUV into the air and clear of the falling debris. Now, of course, the car is airborne, and the impact isn't going to be pretty.

Grabbing into the pavement to make a quick turn (and accidentally scooping up a deep groove in the asphalt), I follow underneath the car, taking in a deep breath. Once I'm directly under it, I exhale as hard as I can, letting out a gust that your average tornado would be jealous of, which actually manages to slow the SUV's fall. Once it's within arm's reach, I grab the SUV and set it gently on the ground.

I can see the headline now-- "Superman: World's Greatest Shock Absorber."

Still, something's off. I open the door to the SUV to check on the family inside.

"Is everyone--......what?"

They're all unconscious, limp in their seats. Quickly, I focus my vision to scan their bodies for injuries. No sign of trauma, but there's something nasty in their bloodstreams. They've been drugged.

Something's wrong, and now I know what it is. There's no one else around. The streets were cleared, except for this one poor family, drugged, and set out underneath a deadly accident like.....

.....like bait.

"Superman! Stand down!"

Out from about a dozen lead-shielded hiding places come a squad of men in olive drab. They're wearing thick, high-tech armor, and carrying some very sinister-looking weapons-- LexCorp models, from the looks of them.

"We have you surrounded! Now get on the ground and put your hands on your head, or we will open fire!"

"Is this really necessary, guys?" I say to them. "Now you're intentionally endangering innocent people to flush me out, all in the name of national security?"

"This is your last warning, alien!"

I don't like to start fights. I never have. Tempers flare, people lose control and hurt each other.....I hate the whole thing.

But I also really don't like bullies. And General Lane and his boys are crossing a line with this one. So right now, I have to decide if I run from the bullies again.....or if I turn around and hit them hard enough to make them leave me alone for a while.

"You know, I'm sure the Daily Planet would love to hear about this, Lieutenant.......Corben?"

"Wh--......how did you--"

"The name tag on your jump suit," I say, singling out the ring-leader. "That new nano-weave armor you're wearing is pretty thick, but I can still read your name plain as day."

"That's--....that's enough!" He sputters, before drawing his weapon. "I am giving you til the count of three--"

"Better make that one," I say, balling up my fists.

Last edited:
Would I be out of line to submit an app for Rhiannon Palmer?

Look, I'm not saying I'll kill whoever attempts to put in a Batman app before I can get one in tomorrow...

But I will. :)

Look, I'm not saying I'll kill whoever attempts to put in a Batman app before I can get one in tomorrow...

A threat so serious it had to be posted... twice.

EDIT: My bad. Reading is important, kids.

Last edited:
Character Name: John Jones/J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Regular font and green for John, bolded when he's J'onn

Powers and Abilities:

J'onn has superhuman strength and durability along with the ability to fly and shapeshift. His most potent power is his telepahty, J'onn is easily the world's most powerful psychic.

J'onn J'onzz is an alien from the planet Ma'aleca'andra (Mars). As a young man J'onn served with the Ma'alec'andra Grand Army during the planet's war with the evil white skinned Martians. J'onn was part of a special unit know as the Manhunters, committed to finding and bringing to justice the most heinous White Martians. When the green-skinned Martians won the war J'onn settled down with a wife and had children with her and did his best to adjust to life in peacetime.

One day on his way home from work J'onn was sucked into a mysterious wormhole. He tore through time and space and emerged out the other side in a strange place with a strange looking creature watching him. It turned out the man was Dr. Saul Erdel, a scientist experimenting in quantum mechanics, and he was on the planet Earth. The year was 1955. The stress of seeing a full-fledged alien caused the elderly Dr. Erdel's heart to give out. The old man died before J'onn could figure out what was going on. Confused and not sure what to do, the Martian fled into the night.

Over the years J'onn traveled the world, using his powers and abilities to help as many people as possible while trying to discover a way home. Any hopes and dreams he had were crushed when NASA's probes and rovers on the surface of Mars reported that the planet was a dead one. The wormhole Erdel had opened sent J'onn through space and time. Mars and his family were long gone. Acting now as John Jones, a private investigator in Seattle, J'onn still grasps with being the last Martian and trying to find his true place in his adopted homeworld.

Why this character?

I sort of made a thing out of playing detectives over the years. Never tried J'onn, though, which is odd since he's sort of the best of both worlds in mixing detective stuff with superheroes. In terms of a story I want to tell, I'd like to do superhero stuff meets PIs. J'onn as an alien is kind of the ultimate idea of the "Private Eye Outsider of Society Trope" and I'd like to have fun with that.

An active poster and character? That's all I'll promise, goddammit!

Seattle, Washington

~Did I turn off the stove?~

~She knows about me and her sister. I don't know how, but she does!~

~Kill! Kill! Kill!~

~I'm going to kill myself today.~

~Man, I've got to pee.~

This is my life. Even walking down the street in the earthly guise of a middle-aged man I cannot help but be bombarded with the thoughts of the rest of the world. These are just the surface thoughts, the loudest in the churning cauldron of free-flowing thought that is the human mind. The innocent thoughts, repulsive ideas, and mundane observations all swirl together in a loud jumble of thoughts and ideas that now register as little more than background noise to me.

I had the collar of my jacket turned up against the low drizzle that morning. The thoughts of others filled my ears, but I had them tuned out with my mind focused on the upcoming meeting. The day before I had received an email from someone wanting to meet at a specific location. I was suspicious, but also curious. I would know well in advance if I was walking into a trap, and if I was god help the people trying to trap me.

The diner the customer picked for the meeting was a typical greasy spoon. I sat at the counter for a minute and perused the menu before something caught my eye just as the waitress walked up.

"What'll it be, hun?"

"It says here you offer an Oreo milkshake."

"Sure do. Is that what you want."

"Yes. Yes, please."

She went off the fix the shake while I turned around to look in the diner. Someone was watching me and thinking about me. I found the owner of the eyes and thoughts in the corner. A teenaged girl with curly red hair locked eyes with me and instantly turned away. In that brief moment our eyes met I felt a wave of thoughts and emotions flood through her. Crippling sadness, uncertainty, loneliness. Feelings I could identify with very well.

"Did you email me?" I asked her as I approached the booth.

"Yes," she said softly. "I read about you on the internet at the library. You were a detective?"

"Seattle PD, LAPD before that. I'm a private one now. Mind if I sit?"

"You can..."

The waitress brought me my milkshake and I offered some to the girl, only for her to turn it down.

"So, what do you need help with?"

"It's... my sister... she's gone missing... I'm... I'm all alone now, I have nobody left. Will you help me? I don't have any money, Mr. Jones... please?"

More thoughts and emotions, almost too sad to comprehend. Visions of a pretty young woman with blonde curly hair, visions of hypodermic needles, razor blades, men with gold teeth and switch blades. Way too much violence for a girl this age to have seen. And now she's all alone.

"First things first, tell when you last saw your sister?"

Character Name: Barry Allen/The Flash

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Red Veranda
Powers and Abilities: Barry is able to tap into the mystical and little understood Speed Force in order to run at superhuman speeds. As a new speedster, Barry is only able to break the sound barrier. While these speeds would be lethal to any normal human, the Speed Force grants Barry a protective aura that shields him from any ill effects from traveling at great speeds. The Speed Force also grants him increased brain activity, which allows him to process events at high speeds.

Using his super speed, Barry can heal himself, deliver punishing blows, and is teaching himself to vibrate quickly in order to phase through solid objects.

His powers do come with a drawback, however, as West requires large amounts of food to sustain his energy and high metabolism. As such, Flash can only currently sustain his powers for up to two hours before needing to refuel.

Through his schooling, Barry has become learned in forensic science, helping him in his fight against crime.

Character Origin/Backstory: Barry Allen grew up in Central City, Missouri as a lazy youth. He was constantly late for school, chores, and whatever his mother and father needed from him. Still, he was a well meaning kid, and his parents loved him with all their heart. He was well behaved, and always fought to be his best. He was especially close to his mother. The two were best friends when Barry was a toddler, and were nearly inseperable.
That is until the night of her murder. As Barry and his father returned from an outting at the Central City Stars, the local MLB team, they found Barry's mother suspended in some sort of whirling vortex in the kitchen. His father rushed at her and attempted to save her, but by the time he reached her, she was already dead, suffiocated by the strange yellow tornado. When the police arrived, Barry's father was put under arrest and Barry's insistence that it was the "yellow tornado" was dismissed as the traumatic ravings of a child.

The loss of his mother and innocent father instilled in Barry a newfound sense of justice. He decided from that day to find a way to make sure his father was freed from prison.

Barry bounced around the foster care system for a year before coming into the care of Keystone City, KS policeman Jay Garrick and his wife Joan. Barry took to the two immediately, and found a new hero in Jay, a highly decorated officer. Jay helped foster Barry's love of police work, and his love of science by showing him the department's forensic science team. Barry instantly had a new desired profession.

Throughout college, he interned with the Keystone PD, and learned the tricks of the trade. Little did Jay and the officers know, however, was that he was also attempting to replicate the circumstances that killed his mother. Using a file obtained from the Central City PD, Barry found that a few strange chemicals were found at the scene of the crime. One night while experimenting with them, the mixture was struck by a rogue bolt of lightning, dousing him in the charged chemicals and knocking him out. While he was unconcious, Barry dreamed of a great eagle made of lightning, racing at great speeds across the world.

When he woke, Barry found that he could move at superhuman speed, and that his reflexes and mental capacity matched his movement. Using his new found abilities, Barry managed to apprehend a group of bank robbers that had managed to escape the Keystone PD for months. Bystanders named the new hero "The Flash" after all they saw was a red flash before their eyes. Barry decided from that day, he would become a hero and protect the twin cities of Central and Keystone. He fashioned a costume of red and yellow for himself, and became an overnight sensation. Barry, or more accurately, Flash was approached for a shoe and athletic wear deal. While he was never one to seek the spotlight, Barry knew he'd need funding to continue his pursuits, so he accepted.

Barry quickly made the twin cities the safest cities in the country, though his actions were quickly making him enemies. A new normal often rubbed the old guard the wrong way, and the criminals of Keystone and Central Cities were already planning their revenge against the Flash. And at the same time, Barry had to juggle grad school, work, and his personal life with being the Flash.

Thanks to all this, more often than not, Barry was still late for everything.

Why this character?

Mostly I want to try something new. I've never written Flash, and I'd like to try out him and the formation of the Rogues.

The fastest man alive, y'all.

The red blur weaved effortlessly in and out of traffic on the main stretch of highway through Keystone City. The Flash had no time for the morning commute. He was already late for class as is. Or, at least, he was as late as possible for someone who could break the sound barrier. Barry had always been a procrastinator, but now that he was the fastest man alive, it was hard not to put things off when he could just finish them in the blink of a human eye. Of course it was getting him in trouble now and again, but who cares? He was The Flash, and there was no one who could stop him.

As he gave some of the citizens of Keystone a thrill as he ran over the tops of their cars, a sound drew his attention. Gunfire, he was sure of it. He hopped down off the cars and onto the pavement as he changed direction, the air cracking behind him. Wally hoped he hadn't cracked another group of car windows doing that, but he was needed elsewhere. He'd skim some off his shoe royalties to fix them, if need be.

Barry quickly tracked down the source of the commotion, which was an armored car that had clearly been hijacked. Running up alongside the truck, he knocked on the window. The thug inside rolled it down, and Flash smiled, "Hi. Name's Flash. Do me a favor and pull over."

The criminal responded by sticking his gun out the window and firing blindly. Barry saw the bullets exit the gun as if they were travelling through wet concrete. He moved out of the way easily enough, snatching the gun from the shooter.

"Now, that wasn't very nice," Barry waved his finger at the man. "I said pull over!"

Using all his speed, he threw his shoulder into the side of the truck, causing it to slam into the median and come to a stop. Flash quickly gather the other guns the hijackers had on them as police sirens approached.

Before the cops could even reach the armored car, The Flash was gone.

Barry looked down at his watch as he once again rushed towards Central City University, "Late again, Barry.

Last edited:
Going straight to Wally isn't necessarily against the rules, but I don't really see the point of it. Especially since you basically gave him Barry's origin anyway. I mean, yeah, I get that everyone likes Wally better than Barry, but why not take advantage of the new continuity to create a version of Barry that you do like? Or hell, just write Barry like he's Wally, so that you still get to play the personality you like but avoiding the character bypass.

At any rate, killing Barry Allen off completely before the game even starts is definitely not kosher.

Last edited:
But dying's all he's good for.:woot:

Kidding will rework the app

Hardy-har-har. Still no killing off big-name characters right off the bat.

Curses! Foiled by the oldest trick in the book!

I'm here. You all can blame Byrd for that.

Contemplating what to drop an app for. A listers aren't my usual forte, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Going straight to Wally isn't necessarily against the rules, but I don't really see the point of it. Especially since you basically gave him Barry's origin anyway. I mean, yeah, I get that everyone likes Wally better than Barry, but why not take advantage of the new continuity to create a version of Barry that you do like? Or hell, just write Barry like he's Wally, so that you still get to play the personality you like but avoiding the character bypass.

At any rate, killing Barry Allen off completely before the game even starts is definitely not kosher.
After all, I made a Barry that was awesome and likeable and fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"