Rise of Marvels: Year One -- Sign-Up/OOC Thread

....is it too late to un-drop Jean?

Because, funnily enough, while trying to think of a good scenario for the Hulk, I ended up coming up with a much better one for the X-Men.

....is it too late to un-drop Jean?

Because, funnily enough, while trying to think of a good scenario for the Hulk, I ended up coming up with a much better one for the X-Men.

I never took you off the roster so you're good

Holy crap, finally got something going with Osborn.

Dang it, now I want to allow third characters just so I can play Daredevil against you.

49644580.jpg

ATTENTION: The Kingpin is now hiring!

Interested in having a go at playing in the Rise of Marvels RPG, but don't want to commit to a lengthy character arc? Maybe you just want to be in the game for a single storyline or fight scene? Well, I'm the guy to get in touch with.

The Kingpin will be looking for street level villains to add to his Rolodex of contacts. Perhaps you'll be needed to rob a bank. Maybe you'll be hired to assassinate someone. Or you could be brought in specifically to go after a troublesome superhero. If you're interested, don't throw up an app in here.... send me a PM. No app necessary yet, just a message noting your interest and naming the street level villain you'd like to play. Rhino, Scorpion, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, The Spot, Purple Man, Bartoc the Leaper, Shocker, Electro, Stilt-Man... whoever takes your fancy. If there are multiple villains you'd be open to playing for a short spell, write them all down in the PM you send me.

Then, down the line, when The Kingpin has a job that needs doing, I'll look through the list of potential applicants, and contact the player with the character whose talents are best suited to the job at hand. That will be the time to throw up an app for your short stint in the game.

Sound cool? If so, get in touch!

Age of Marvels: Character Application:

Character Name: Fred Myers - Boomerang

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Color and Font (ex: Red Bold Veranda):
Dark blue, bold Verdana

Powers and Abilities:

· World-class baseball pitcher
· Highly skilled marksman and competent street fighter
· Wields variety of lethal and gimmicked boomerangs
· Flight via jet boots (when in costume)

Character Origin/Backstory:

A mediocre cricket player for a small Australian rural town’s cricket team, Frederick Myers one day was fortunate enough to catch the eye of an Australian smalltime baseball coach, where despite being poor at both batting and bowling in cricket, his rocket arm in the field made him a remarkable prospect as a cross-sport convert. Myers prodigious arm translated brilliantly to the pitcher’s mound and he quickly caught the eye of a foreign scout, before long his bags were packed and he was off to the U.S. to develop in the minors.

After 2 years of development, Fred Myers got his chance in the majors where he established himself, first as a closer and then as a star starting pitcher. An injury saw him step out of the regular rotation, after rehab the team looked to bring him back gently in the minors… but then an indiscretion saw him become the target of a lifetime ban.

Unable to play professional sport anymore and with his funds dwindling, Myers became desperate for work. He owed money to the wrong type of people and was left few choices when his loan shark appeared with another gentleman, offering a way out of the troublesome debt – the price, acts that might be beyond some people’s morals.

Luckily, Fred Myers had seldom let little things like morals stand in his way. A greater question was to find a way to do it in style…

After numerous hits for the gang boss, a Fred Myers who was not a stranger to being in negotiations for his own worth realized his “handlers” were what was holding his reputation back.

Using only bladed implements, later recognized by NYPD forensics as boomerangs, Fred Myers quashed his debt and “bought out his own contract”.

And then nothing happened.

Fred had overestimated his own value in the assassin market. He was neither “bigtime” enough for all of the underworld figures to have heard of his exploits post-baseball (he’d done too good a job keeping clean kills), and those smaller market people who had heard him viewed him as an “unnecessary risk” due to the fashion that he dispatched his previous employers.

Now Fred is largely unemployed, holding a world which once again fails to recognize his skills in contempt, doing odd “work” when he finds the odd contract killing – not common enough since he works for himself. And he waits.

He waits for the world to throw him one more chance.

Why this character?

Finally a chance to open up and let my inner ocker pour out.

May god have mercy on you all…

Provide a sample post as your character, with at least three paragraphs and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

“Oy! Blind!”

Fred Myers lifted his head and smiled as a tall frosty one slid down the bar.

“Cheers, cob’.” He grabbed the glass and drank, wincing.

“What is that sh**?”

The bartender gave a smirk, “Don’t look at me, Blind. He bought it for you.”

Fred Myers turned and looked down the other end of the bar to the man the bartender gestured to. A mousey guy, clearly out of place in this pub – The Crown and Emu – who looked worried about offending anybody.Fred beckoned him over with an ostentatious wave.

Boomerang!?

I'm just going to approve you right now.

Andy C, great Norman Osborn post! Now, given that my last post finished with me going off to a charity gala, and that you are the other nefarious businessman type in the game, how would you like to have Osborn also visit the gala? Then we can engage in EVIL SMALL TALK.

Walter Sobchak has long been MY Kingpin...

I mean... he can get you a toe at 3 in the morning. Hell, two toes...

movies_the_big_lebowski_walter_sobchak_john_goodman_wallpaper-t2.jpg

Mr. Marko, are you still around? It's been over a month now. I'll give you another couple of days to respond, but if not I'll just bunny Rocket to wrap up this scene we're in.

Character Name: Gamora

Alignment: Hero

Character Speech Color&Font: Georgia in Dark Green

Powers and Abilities: Gamora knows a vast majority of the galaxy's armed and unarmed fighting techniques and is therefore able to take on opponents who are physical far superior to her with relative ease. She maintains slight superhuman abilities; strength, speed, agility, durability, and she can even regenerate. These slight abilities were further increased by Thanos, and most of her skeleton replaced with some kind of unbreakable material.

Character Origin/Backstory: Gamora is the last of her people, the Zen Whoberis. Her planet was conquered by an (unknown to her) taskforce when she was very young, where her people were summarily destroyed. Thanos discovered her at "just the right moment", sweeping her away from the destruction and executions and raising her as his own adopted daughter.

For a long time, she couldn't believe his perfect timing, but as she grew to know him and his designs on power, she couldn't help but feel that he was the one responsible for the destruction of her people and the murders of her parents. With no proof and no other people on whom she can rely, she continues to obey Thanos, though she has come to hate and resent him.

She remembers little from her life before Thanos, but does believe that her people were rather peaceful and intellectual, and knows deep down that her real father was some sort of person well-known and well-respected.

Why this character: She seems really cool, and I am looking forward to playing off of other Guardians of the Galaxy characters in an effort to move stories forward. Plus, I think she brings a good array of her own personal "demons" along, giving plenty of material to work off of as her story progresses.

Sample Post:

"You will find them, and you will return them to me. No cost is too high, Thanos. I will have them!"

The Collector's face looked down upon the gathered few in the throne room of my adopted father's citadel-like spaceship, his usually nonplussed demeanor replaced with a livid ferocity as spittle flew from his lips.

The image disappeared before Thanos even had a chance to respond. The smirk on his lips was all I needed to see to gauge his now-black mood.

"Gamora."

I knew better than to hesitate. Stepping forward on the dais, my face a calm mask to hide my anxiety at being called upon, I answered quickly, "Yes, Thanos."

"It appears our... Friend has need of my services. And you have need of some way to test out the new presents I gave you."

I almost winced, but merely looked down for a moment before responding. "Yes, Thanos."

"You will help our friend recover what was taken from him... And remind him that he does not give orders to his betters," he commanded, waving a dismissive hand.

Without hesitation, my chin high, I responded, "Yes, Thanos," before turning to leave.

"And Gamora?"

I stopped in my tracks, back rigid as sweat sprang out on my palms, and slowly turned on my heel to face the still-smirking visage of the man to whom I was told I owed my life. I felt my eyebrow lift just a fraction. "Yes, Thanos?" A question this time.

"Do not fail me."

I offered him a faint and sly smirk of my own. "Have I ever?" I asked, turning and taking a few brisk steps out the door, not waiting for an answer.

An 8 minute approval? Jesus, that seems like a record, lol!

Im gonna get a post done today, been having a hard time with writing recenty

Apologies to Mr. Marko for the bunny there, I just wanted to wrap that scene up. In my next post I'll pick up at Knowhere and have us have already split up, leaving things open for you to catch up and rejoin me when you're ready to get back into the game.

FYI, I'm out of town until Wednesday, when I'll finally have a new Cap post up

Sorry about the post formatting on that one. Did it from my phone since I desperately needed to get a post up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"