Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 Rotten Tomatoes Thread

I will take your word. See I don't think I am hating on Fox when I say that I give most, if not all, of the credit for DP to the guys behind getting the movie done and not the actual studio. I am still happy it was at Fox where they had to or were more OK with taking this risk than Disney, who really are not in a position where they "need" to take any risks. Now, if the Disney-Fox deal is through, we will get the best of both worlds. The MCU quality for FF and X-Men and "do your own thing" DP-verse. :)

I will take your word. See I don't think I am hating on Fox when I say that I give most, if not all, of the credit for DP to the guys behind getting the movie done and not the actual studio. I am still happy it was at Fox where they had to or were more OK with taking this risk than Disney, who really are not in a position where they "need" to take any risks. Now, if the Disney-Fox deal is through, we will get the best of both worlds. The MCU quality for FF and X-Men and "do your own thing" DP-verse. :)

See, personally I think that Marvel are as hit and miss as any other studio, but to each their own.

I loved Logan and Deadpool more than I have any MCU movie.

I really, really liked Infinity War but don't know if I "loved" it, I need to re-watch it.

So there's that.

See, personally I think that Marvel are as hit and miss as any other studio, but to each their own.

See, there may have been MCU movies that did not work for you but you can't really call any of their movies a miss going by the trifecta of overall critical response, audience response and BO grosses. They have pretty much nailed it every time. That is just fact.

Nope, they weren't. It was announced in 2014, and by the way had just released their most successful X-Men movie at that point.

Even with all the online hooplah they could've chosen not to greenlight Deadpool, and especially not to take the risk to make an R-rated comic book adaptation.

The filmmakers deserve credit for how the movie itself turned out, but Fox definitely deserves credit for allowing them to make it... and for putting in all their resources to make it a hit, instead of just throwing it on the market like an unwanted stepchild.

I know it's hip to hate on Fox, but sometimes it would be wise to have a more objective standpoint when talking about this stuff.

I'm not going to give them that much credit. They sat on it for like six years. Also, they cut the budget again right before filming started.

The filmmakers deserve credit for how the movie itself turned out, but Fox definitely deserves credit for allowing them to make it... and for putting in all their resources to make it a hit, instead of just throwing it on the market like an unwanted stepchild.

They cut the budget right before filming. They only greenlit the movie when the internet collectively threw a tantrum over the leaked footage, and they clearly did so begrudgingly because they cut the budget by nearly 20% right before filming commenced.

Fox deserves credit for what they get right. I honestly think Logan and Deadpool 2 might be their best films. They also deserve to get called out for sleeping on Deadpool until it was convenient. I respect them for allowing Deadpool to take the piss out of them.

Thing is there are some movies that I don't enjoy that much in the MCU. Yet I can find people that love those ones or really enjoy them.

I would also probably take those movies over most not all but most other non MCU comic book movies.

See, there may have been MCU movies that did not work for you but you can't really call any of their movies a miss going by the trifecta of overall critical response, audience response and BO grosses. They have pretty much nailed it every time. That is just fact.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean they nailed them all in terms of being good movies IMO.

Anyways, it's opinions. I don't side with either company, all I care about is the movies themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they nailed them all in terms of being good movies IMO.

Anyways, it's opinions. I don't side with either company, all I care about is the movies themselves.

Well, given the subjectivity of the topic, the best ANY studio can do is go for aggregate success than universal success. So from that point of view, I am more confident in Marvel Studios pulling it off in this genre a lot more than Fox. But I agree that the only thing that matters is that we get good movies. And from all accounts, Fox have themselves nailed the last 2 movies. So its all good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"