Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
150-200 million would be a great success and probably make a sequel possible.

But like i said before, i don't think Miller and Reynolds expect a sequel out of this, that's why they are going all out with this one. Which is refreshing.

Either way i think Deadpool will feature in some other X-Men movies down the line. He could be a pretty cool antagonist.

I honestly feel like if this film does well, Fox will just greenlight X-Force and move Deadpool over and have Miller/Reese/Wernick handle it. Or some kinda sequel with Deadpool included rather than a pure Deadpool one.

On the flip side, does Fox have another Marvel film coming out in 2017? Deadpool only had like 49 days of principal production if I remember correctly (but years of in and out preproduction) so maybe they could do another one rather quickly?

On the flip side, does Fox have another Marvel film coming out in 2017? Deadpool only had like 49 days of principal production if I remember correctly (but years of in and out preproduction) so maybe they could do another one rather quickly?

They have currently Fantastic Four sequel and Wolverine 3 in 2017. They could crank out X-Force or a Deadpool sequel but there might not be room, 2017 is stacked like 2016

I honestly feel like if this film does well, Fox will just greenlight X-Force and move Deadpool over and have Miller/Reese/Wernick handle it. Or some kinda sequel with Deadpool included rather than a pure Deadpool one.

No to that. Deadpool has so many other stories to offer on his own. It'd be a pity to just put him into a team.

If this is successful then let Deadpool have his own thing for a while.

What's the obsession with teaming everything up these days?!

We need dat trailer soon, just to get us some fly Deadpool avatars up in here. :mnm:

Only Team-up I want is Cable & Deadpool.

If this is successful then let Deadpool have his own thing for a while.

What's the obsession with teaming everything up these days?!

****ing Marvel. Ever since Avengers people want everything connected with heroes wandering into each others movies.

We need dat trailer soon, just to get us some fly Deadpool avatars up in here. :mnm:

Hopefully when FF comes out. Reynolds did say we're getting something in a few weeks. Although if it's attached to FF, I doubt it will be so sweary! :csad:

****ing Marvel. Ever since Avengers people want everything connected with heroes wandering into each others movies.

I think it works for the MCU at times, but not everyone has to follow suit.

No i'm one of the ones who wants the new F4 movie to be good as we aren't getting another for seven years.

If they crossover i'll probably give it a go but i'm not gung ho about it

Hopefully when FF comes out. Reynolds did say we're getting something in a few weeks. Although if it's attached to FF, I doubt it will be so sweary! :csad:

OH yeah forgot about Reynolds tweet, not too long a wait anyway.

No to that. Deadpool has so many other stories to offer on his own. It'd be a pity to just put him into a team.

They aren't gonna just put him onto a team. If this is a success we will have both Deadpool 2 and X-Force. Cable and X-Force are just a matter of time. Reynolds himself is bringing them up in a number of interviews right now. Dudes a big Cable Deadpool fan, but he's also aware that you can't just shove Deadpool into X-Men just because. He knows the right characters and teams to do it with.

Just playing devils advocate and expanding on what Def said, you could argue that comedy sequels usually struggle due to being too much like the original and described as a rehash.

While Deadpool has many great stories, his style is so unique it might be difficult (but doable) to change things up that much in a straight solo. Maybe it is a good idea to have him play off of Cable or in a more serious role (but still the comedic element) in an X-Force film and then having the solo sequel.

Only Team-up I want is Cable & Deadpool.

I hope there's a chance for Reynolds and Jackman to team up one more time and bury the Origins nightmare once and for all. The elevator scene at least showed they can play off each other pretty well even if it was woefully short lived.

:dpf::wolverine

I saw the comic con trailer and thought it was good. The footage makes this film look like it has a solid and confident vision from a director that loves and respects the source material. Reynolds is also such a perfect match as an actor for a character like Deadpool, his sense of humor and comedic timing can be used to great effect as opposed to a character like Hal Jordon.

I wouldn't be opposed to Deadpool being on a team or in a team up movie with Cable. You need characters for Deadpool to bounce off of (and annoy/creep out with his antics).

Is he mutant in x-movie universe or not ?

Deadpool isn't a mutant. He's just a human who was given Wolverine's healing factor to cure his cancer. But it never cured it... so his body is constantly in flux with the cancer killing his cells and the healing factor healing them.

I think a cool way to do a a sequel would be to have X-Force next, with the introduction of Cable and have Deadpool as the antagonist like he initially was in the comics. Maybe he's working for a bigger villain (Stryfe?) but as the film progresses he starts to doubt his mission and wants to actually give the whole "hero" thing a crack. Setting it up for a Cable and Deadpool movie where they have to save the rest of X-Force from whoever Deadpool was working for in the previous movie.

Deadpool isn't a mutant. He's just a human who was given Wolverine's healing factor to cure his cancer. But it never cured it... so his body is constantly in flux with the cancer killing his cells and the healing factor healing them.

Yes in comics he is not a muitant. Like Cain Marko. They was born as human.

But in X-men Origins Wolverine did we have some information about Wade's origins ? Before becoming Weapon XI, he was mutant or human with super abilities ?

If he was already mutant so in this movie he must be mutant during his cancer before the operation.

That film is no longer canon. It isn't connected to this in anyway. Think of this as a reboot for the character.

Finally saw a slightly better version of the trailer online, that triple headshot at the end was all sorts of awesome now understand that final line better now, works so much better fully understanding the context. :dpl:

This film looks like it will deliver some fun action along the way, over the top and unabashed, the DP way.

That film is no longer canon. It isn't connected to this in anyway. Think of this as a reboot for the character.

That Wade in this movie and Wade in Origins are the same person. But in 1973 events are altered so he wont be recruited by Stryker & etc

Events in previous movies in original timeline are canon but no longer exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back