Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reshoots that changed Age of Ultron didn't really work IMO. For example, the original scene in that pool with Thor was a lot better and made more sense. They also took out Thor fighting a newly born Vision which would've been better.

Though changing Ultron into Tony Stark Jr. was a mistake. Along with having too many characters. And wasting Strucker.

Conrad getting even more salty after that new Collider video with details of reshoots and test screenings.

What's he sayin'?

You can see on his Twitter, but I'll just post the most recent ones.

They’re using their name to bully someone because they want to suck a studio’s d**k just so they can host an IMAX screening and Q&A.

This is a flat out lie. I know what it really scored. This is spouting Fox PR bulls**t.

Same with others, I never expected the sequel to match the original, but like with GOTG2, I can still love the sequel despite thinking the first movie is better.

Just rewatched the trailer...

Yeah, still thinking this might even surpass the sequel.

And if anything this looks darker and more serious than the original.

Last edited:
The reshoots that changed Age of Ultron didn't really work IMO. For example, the original scene in that pool with Thor was a lot better and made more sense. They also took out Thor fighting a newly born Vision which would've been better.

Though changing Ultron into Tony Stark Jr. was a mistake. Along with having too many characters. And wasting Strucker.

Except for the Thor subplot I love Age of Ultron. MUCH better movie than both the original Avengers and Civil War IMO.

Not to mention completely wasting the Hydra storyline. Its biggest sin.

Looks like the reshoots are adding in more Cable and Domino in response to test screenings. Amazing how other X-Men movies were criticized for the same thing but nobody thought to add more Cyclops or Storm. Shame that Bridge is confirmed to die and so is Shatterstar when Bridge and Cable have a long history and Shatterstar's romance with Rictor has always been great. The former isn't needed for a good Cable story and the latter is honestly never going to happen partially because Rictor is stuck in an alternate timeline,
partially since his actor is too young and partially since we'll never get a gay romance in a blockbuster film thanks to Russian and Saudi censorship. Same goes for why Martyr and Moondragon aren't in the Guardians of the Galaxy films.

Now that you mention it, I'd squeal if they made a better, comic-accurate version of Apocalypse for Cable's future like they did with Colossus last movie. Likely won't happen hough.

Agreed :up:

Looks like the reshoots are adding in more Cable and Domino in response to test screenings. Amazing how other X-Men movies were criticized for the same thing but nobody thought to add more Cyclops or Storm. Shame that Bridge is confirmed to die and so is Shatterstar when Bridge and Cable have a long history and Shatterstar's romance with Rictor has always been great. The former isn't needed for a good Cable story and the latter is honestly never going to happen partially because Rictor is stuck in an alternate timeline,
partially since his actor is too young and partially since we'll never get a gay romance in a blockbuster film thanks to Russian and Saudi censorship. Same goes for why Martyr and Moondragon aren't in the Guardians of the Galaxy films.

Damage control. Someone in the New Mutants is claiming that the film. Would feature X-23 and Colossus as the new characters.

It's not ''damage control''.

Weintraub said that the scores were very high but audiences just wanted more Cable and Domino.

DLYzf4p.jpg

fTCxna8.jpg

6v8l1PF.jpg

Is there any confirmation about
Juggernaut
possibly being in this film?

Is there any confirmation about
Juggernaut
possibly being in this film?
Jeremy Conrad says he is in the movie, he is CGI, and he looks COMIC-ACCURATE. However he thinks the way he is used is dumb and worse than The Last Stand.

Often times, it's a matter of having not learned the right lessons from part 1. I am not sure that is the case here or what have you, but if this movie turns out bad, my guess is too much improv, meandering, and fourth wall breaking. Which was the wrong lesson to learn from Deadpool. We love those things, yes. But, you cannot use them too much. Then it just leads to a plot no one cares about or the movie is not taking seriously enough.

I think it will be way too much raunchy R rated humor,blood/gore,and sex. Remember, the ONLY lesson that Hollywood took from the first DP movie is that R rated movies (especially R rated comic book superhero movies) can be huge FINANCIAL hits at the box office. And in true idiotic Hollywood logic, they think that by ratcheting up the R rated content that this movie will do gangbusters at the box office.

Jeremy Conrad says he is in the movie, he is CGI, and he looks COMIC-ACCURATE. However he thinks the way he is used is dumb and worse than The Last Stand.
oh god thats not good.

Jeremy Conrad says Juggy is killed by putting a power cable up his rear crack and throwing him into a pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"