Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYp18o5WkAEbUBq.jpg

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/687491581125984260
Mind is blown. :woot:

I think Ryan Reynolds reads us!

This kid is 8 years old. Technically isn't he too young for the PG-13? The argument here is so ludicrous. He liked the green band trailer for an R rated film therefore there should be a sanitized version for his consumption? Every film, R rated or otherwise, gets a green band trailer. Christ I hate whiny mothers.

At his age, he should look forward to Zootopia (which I am looking forward, as well). Children have too much access to Internet and the media nowadays.

At his age, he should look forward to Zootopia. Children have too much access to Internet and the media nowadays.

The fault lies with the entitled mother who thinks that everything needs to be presented for and gift wrapped for her precious child.

The fault lies with the entitled mother who thinks that everything needs to be presented for and gift wrapped for her precious child.

Of course, man. I couldn't agree more. A simple 'no, that movie's for adults' will do it. Like I've said. It's called parenting. When my parents told me that it wouldn't be for me, I trusted them. Doesn't change the fact that I think that kids nowadays have unlimited access to Internet at too young of an age. I see six-year olds scrolling around on their tablets. Crazy s**t.

Could be fun, maybe... But who cares. We're getting an R-rated Deadpool film. That's how it should be. That's what Ryan Reynolds, Tim Miller, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick fought for.

Even outside of the MAX series, much of what's in the Deadpool comics would have to be toned down for a PG-13 movie adaptation.

Let's just be glad they made the right choice for once. :yay:

And f' parents who don't know how to raise their children and need to resort to online petitions.

Oh yeah, the fact that she's petitioning is stupid. But if they did release a special edition like that, I wouldn't mind seeing it, because it would be fun to see them make essentially a meta-commentary on the rating system.

Oh yeah, the fact that she's petitioning is stupid. But if they did release a special edition like that, I wouldn't mind seeing it, because it would be fun to see them make essentially a meta-commentary on the rating system.

Yeah, kinda. But I'd think it's gratitious and a waste of time, especially for them having to put together such a version. And I don't think it would be that interesting for an entire film.

Yeah, kinda. But I'd think it's gratitious and a waste of time, especially for them having to put together such a version. And I don't think it would be that interesting for an entire film.

Yeah, that's why I'd make it a special feature. Which is what most special features are, fun but needless bonuses that filmmakers decide to add. I'd imagine it more or less like the "what if" mode in spiderman the PS1 game. They could get really creative with it, having Deadpool dub in words that purposefully fit horribly over anyone who swears, hand drawn Deadpool animations over people's "naughty bits." A lot of stuff that you could do in post. It would essentially be a way to make fun of providing a sensored version while technically providing a sensored version.

It's not needed, obviously. And I'm very glad we're getting an R rated Pool flick, but I think a special edition like that could be a lot of fun, and very in tone with the viral marketing and advertising the production has come up with so far.

True... but there was a time long ago where she only did those first reaction videos from the theater and she was actually decent.

Nah, man. That's the only thing I watched of her. 10 seconds. Then I shut it off. I just googled her today and I was very surprised to see that she actually worked in the comic book industry. She doesn't come across as a professional in her videos, honestly. At all.

Ryan Reynolds re: the emoji billboard:
I remember saying to Fox marketing, "You don't have the balls to put that up as a billboard." Evidently... they have a very crowded sack. #deadpool #
https://www.facebook.com/VancityRey...40.1073741829.642780302532762/757628274381297

Last edited:
Deadpool Romance/Drama Movie Trailer :woot:
[YT]/watch?v=sR5MlWTAtRg[/YT]

This kid is 8 years old. Technically isn't he too young for the PG-13? The argument here is so ludicrous. He liked the green band trailer for an R rated film therefore there should be a sanitized version for his consumption? Every film, R rated or otherwise, gets a green band trailer. Christ I hate whiny mothers.

This is my exact worry with the whole CBM industry (although at the moment its not a big worry as no pandering has taken place) but not all comics are for kids, therefore not all comic book movies are for kids.

There's plenty of CBM's for kids to see this year, more than ever in fact, we adults should be allowed one ourselves at least now and again. He can see Batman/Supes/Cap and the rest and in ten years time (or more realistically about 7) he can watch Deadpool and he will feel so glad he waited to see it in its full glory.

The thing is: The market has been so flooded with PG-13 action and adventure movies, that people aren't accostumed to such a thing anymore. It used to be normal back in the day. There were PG and PG-13 adventures such as Indiana Jones, Batman or Ghostbusters, and R-rated ones like the Terminator, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and Matrix films, and much more. It's become a trend to tone down even pretty adult material to warrant a PG-13 rating, and now Deadpool seems like a 'strange case.' Just because it features a Marvel character in a red suit - forgetting that he hacks and shoots people to death, and is the character to encourage some gory scenes, considering that he can regenerate himself.

The first thing I hope is of course that Tim Miller managed to make a great flick. But what I also hope is that movie fans who have been clamoring for more R-rated action movies will repay the studio's trust in the project. This needs to score! Otherwise studios will see no need to invest in such projects, unless it's much smaller ones like horror movies or comedies, which seem to do well at the box office.

This movie is actually pretty important for the industry (if your care about seeing other flicks such as this), if you think about it.

Go watch this flick in theaters. Encourage your family and friends to watch it in theaters. Spread the word, Deadpool fans!

Yeah its a shame Dredd didnt get the love it deserved or more to the point better promotion leading up to its release. At least Kingsman has shown there is the market for it, if its done right. There is plenty of PG-13 stuff out there and on the way, its not going to do any harm to have one that isnt, at least on initial release.

There isn't any harm in that AT ALL. Variety's great! Not every movie needs to be a four-quadrant PG-13 family-pleaser. And especially not ones featuring crazy, tortured mercenaries who can regrow body parts and enjoy killing while putting on a stand up show.

In the case of Dredd I don't what it was exactly. Maybe the release date. The trailers and marketing campaign sure didn't help very much. I didn't think much of it initially and when I finally watched it I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah its a shame Dredd didnt get the love it deserved or more to the point better promotion leading up to its release. At least Kingsman has shown there is the market for it, if its done right. There is plenty of PG-13 stuff out there and on the way, its not going to do any harm to have one that isnt, at least on initial release.

Dredd was so great. Wish I'd known about it and went to see it in theatre

If the movie is a hit critically and does well financially I can see Fox having the sequel rated more in step with others in the genre. They'd have given hardcore fans the R-rating they wanted with the first movie and the more equal rating for financial rewards for themselves with the sequel

Nah. X-Force will be PG-13 and feature Deadpool if this hits. That will be Fox's way of getting that money. They can't change Deadpool's rating in the sequel, the backlash would hurt the film fairly significantly after all this has gone through to get to the R rating.

Last edited:
Nah. X-Force will be PG-13 and feature Deadpool if this hits. That will be Fox's way of getting that money. They can't change Deadpool's rating in the sequel, the backlash would hurt the film fairly significantly after all this has gone through to get to this R rating.

Who knows. Never say never. Let's just make this one a hit first. I'd be great if they can juggle between an R-rated side of the universe, meaner and with guns, and a PG-13 one, based on the more 'classical' superheroics.

I don't think X-Force will get an R do to having a much larger budget but yeah never say never.

The complaints against the rating have surprisingly been pretty much non existent so I really don't think there's an issue. Though I do think the graphic nudity and sexual content will be getting a list of complaints from parents who didn't take the rating seriously once this gets released. Alot of parents out there don't mind their kids watching violence and hearing language. But when sex is involved...

Last edited:
They don't list the ratings reasons for nothing. They might as well check out why the film's gotten an R rating, if they want to take their kids to watch it. Whatever complaints there will be, you can't attack the makers at any point. They didn't sell this as a kids movie, and they released both green and red band trailers containing both violence and explicit nudity / sex.

6696f9b2c97f60668c026e2cf1361fc65e4bd7a7.jpg__620x350_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

a3cc80508712c9af1f27594d29d5f0340253ff74.jpg__620x775_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

I'd love if the subscriber cover turns out to be the final poster.

Now if they start showing Deadpool commercials on cartoon network and nickelodeon, then yeah...problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"