Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
screen-shot-2016-01-12-at-1-03-39-pm.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAcQ7XVN_lI/?taken-by=vancityreynolds

I love the make-up work they did on Wade Wilson! He definitely looks uglier than I thought he would when those low res set pics of him in the hoodie popped up on the web.

Aaaaand, ladies and gentlemen: DeadpoolsWebsite.com - the official site for the movie - has finally put up the MPAA rating:

Rated R for strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity.

Sounds good! :dpf:

Last edited:
A grim reaper may have been too on the nose.

That's a decent runtime. 2.5 hours would have been too long for a movie like this.

Just a note to fans I'd probably try to catch a later night showing because you know there are going to be a bunch of dopey parents indeed bringing their 7 and 8 years olds to see this movie.

One of my more awkward theater experiences was sitting in the row behind a family with young kids who came to watch Django Unchained of all films...

Just a note to fans I'd probably try to catch a later night showing because you know there are going to be a bunch of dopey parents indeed bringing their 7 and 8 years olds to see this movie.

One of my more awkward theater experiences was sitting in the row behind a family with young kids who came to watch Django Unchained of all films...

I had a similar experience with the Friday the 13th remake. Just odd being in a theatre watching that with little kids present, I practically had to beg my parents to let me watch edited versions of the films when I was those kids age and they're sitting in a theatre watching the modern day version.

Last edited:

I could actually see them having fun with the home release and having a supplemental G/PG rated version that's dubbed and censored. Kind of the anti unrated version. In fact I hope they do that just for fun.

But yeah, asking them to re edit within a month of release of the film is just stupid. Might as well ask Marvel to take out all the comics violence and adult jokes too.

Last edited:
I could actually see them having fun with the DVD and having a G/PG rated version that's dubbed and censored. But asking them to re edit the film within a month of release is just stupid.

So basically business as usual as far as Randolph goes.

Yeah. While I don't agree that the movie should be or should have been censored, I actually think there could be a fair argument in there given his popularity with kids. I'm kinda surprised we didn't seen more of this after the first red band. But that's not the way to handle it at all this late in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah. While I don't agree that the movie should be or should have been censored, I actually think there could be a fair argument in there given his popularity with kids. I'm kinda surprised we didn't seen more of this after the first red band. But that's not the way to handle it at all this late in the game.

That's not the way to handle it AT ALL. There's a thing called parenting, which a mom should do, instead of a movie studio. So, kids are fascinated with R-rated material? That's something new. I mean, I loved RoboCop when I was a kid. And Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, etc. I watched them when I watched them because my parents thought I could handle it, and that I had my fair share of maturity to stomach then. Other R-rated movies I didn't see until much later. What they're basically asking is for people to sign a petition to spoil the kid, and have the mother avoiding her job - parenting.

I wish people would stop discussing this person and giving them attention, but that ain't happening.

I wish people would stop discussing this person and giving them attention, but that ain't happening.

Makes sense. Unfortunately she has her followers. I don't know how. I couldn't stomach 10 seconds of her videos.

And you know what, I find the mother of that kid even more ridiculous. You're his mother. You know whether or not your child can stomach a movie like Deadpool. She should just watch the movie on her own and then decide. And if the decision is NO, well then it's no. But anyway, that fella seems way too young for me. Deadpool's not a character for young children. He's not heroic. He's not a role model. He's a messed up mercenary with huge regrets and the hope that one day he'll be less of a monster.

I don't think people made petitions in 1991 to convince James Cameron and Carolco to release a PG-13 cut of Terminator 2, because their kids loved the action figures. Common sense is rare these days.

Last edited:

If the movie is a hit critically and does well financially I can see Fox having the sequel rated more in step with others in the genre. They'd have given hardcore fans the R-rating they wanted with the first movie and the more equal rating for financial rewards for themselves with the sequel

If the movie is a hit critically and does well financially I can see Fox having the sequel rated more in step with others in the genre. They'd have given hardcore fans the R-rating they wanted with the first movie and the more equal rating for financial rewards for themselves with the sequel

Nah, not really. That's pretty much reverse logic. If this is successful, they'll have even more trust in Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds, and an R-rated comic book adaptation. Which means we could get a bigger budget AND an R-rating. ;)

...and of course more R-rated comic book adaptations!

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if they released a pg13 version on the DVD that pokes fun at it being pg13. Deadpool getting beeped out when he tries to swear and getting angry, or commenting on how the blood is edited out and then him going back in and using crayon to color in blood sfx. It could actually be a pretty fun special edition.

But obviously not in theatres.

I wouldn't mind if they released a pg13 version on the DVD that pokes fun at it being pg13. Deadpool getting beeped out when he tries to swear and getting angry, or commenting on how the blood is edited out and then him going back in and using crayon to color in blood sfx. It could actually be a pretty fun special edition.

But obviously not in theatres.

Could be fun, maybe... But who cares. We're getting an R-rated Deadpool film. That's how it should be. That's what Ryan Reynolds, Tim Miller, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick fought for.

Even outside of the MAX series, much of what's in the Deadpool comics would have to be toned down for a PG-13 movie adaptation.

Let's just be glad they made the right choice for once. :yay:

And f' parents who don't know how to raise their children and need to resort to online petitions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"