Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The humor wasn't really that great - the Rosie O'Donnell crack could probably use some updating - and Deadpool's insult to Colossus and the later line from Blind Al relied a bit too much on "gay panic" for 2015.

But Reynolds and company looked like they were having so much fun I think it is going to be extremely easy to get caught up in the silliness. I viewed the two super-serious trailers from DC before this one and it was certainly a breath of fresh air in comparison. I though Deadpool was the big winner among the upcoming CBMS.

There were definitely some jokes that fell flat on their face (the aforementioned Rosie O'Donnell line, the closing bit about touching himself) but I can forgive a few flubs if everything else is that excellent.
You bring up something here that I think is key - you can tell the film makers and the cast are reveling in this. Reynolds truly loves this character, and it shows. I've never been a big fan of him as an actor but this might finally be the perfect vehicle for him.
All that said, my favorite joke was TJ Millers about Wade looking like a topical map of Utah. I wouldn't be surprised if that was an ad lib on TJs part, he's one of my favorite comedians.

Didn't even notice the rob liefeld cameo first time I saw the footage.

Rob Liefeld has a cameo in this?
Maybe I'll be skipping this movie.:o

Rob Liefeld has a cameo in this?
Maybe I'll be skipping this movie.:o

Don't worry he won't be drawing anything on camera I imagine lol. Besides, he gave us Deadpool so he ain't so bad.

Doesn't Deadpool basically insult him lol. Like he doesn't wanna see him.

The Liefeld cameo is needed, man.

The Rosie joke is the only one I had a hard time findin funny it just felt forced, I get that a lot from Reynolds when he tries to be an A-hole.

Tj miller is the brightest part of the trailer for me loved the Freddy Krueger line and can't wait to see Reynolds and miller having fun together.

Pretty much take out the Rosie/pose spice line and it was the best trailer over seen for a CBM ever

I liked the ''Posh Spice'' line.

'Tis what I shall call every well spoken Englishman from now on. :o

Little kids are gonna be like, "who?" Because you know they'll get into this thing somehow. Posh Spice is more my generation, man.

Funny thing is Posh Spice is from Essex... which is the total opposite of posh lol.

Meh, the Beckham's are pretty much in the spotlight. A lot of people know who him and his wife are. Anyone around 17 or older would probably get it.

The Beckham's oldest son is pretty popular with young crowds I think. He was in in the tabloids/magazines/gossip sites when he was dating Chloë Grace Moretz

Chris Pratt doing a Essex accent on the Graham Norton show was hilarious.

Last edited:
Ppl will get the line. She's still a name they know. I just thought he could of come up with a better line.

The jokes hit well. Stan lee as the emcee at the strip club is awesome(if I heard that voice correctly)

That **** might ramp up Pratt's career, even if he was just ****ing around. If it was actually that accurate of an accent.

That **** might ramp up Pratt's career, even if he was just ****ing around. If it was actually that accurate of an accent.

I'm patiently waiting for that movie where Chris Pratt is a man from Essex. I know it's coming. :o

Everybody keeps ripping the Rosie O'Donnell line. Personally it literally made me laugh out loud especially when you see that she is gearing up to slug him right after he says it. Remember, there will be adults who remember Rosie and her schtick. Plus there really isn't anyone in the current culture who kind of occupies the same space. Closest might be Nancy Grace, but not quite the same and my guess is if they used ol' Nancy instead you guys would react the same way.

It's OK guys, every reference in a movie doesn't have to be from the most recent 5 minutes of our culture. You do that and you will get a ton of people going "Who is Arianna Grande? I don't know if I could name a song of hers."

For God's sake, Dumb and Dumber made a Moon landing joke.

Again, see Kingsman. Just because it doesn't do $600 million worldwide, won't mean it's a failure. It probably has a budget slightly higher than Kingsman's $81 million. And Kingsman still did $400 worldwide. The only way this won't do well is if it is terrible.

I think this is a movie where word of mouth will mean a lot. The general public may see the trailer and not know quite what to think but if it's good, WOM will get people to come and see it.

Do you guys think the thing they'll release in 3 weeks is the trailer from comic-con or a completely different trailer?

Well, the Deadpool trailer could bring rapper DMX back to the spotlight.

It can't do say 600K , it's R rated

American Sniper did 350 k domestically

Seeing the trailer, versus other R movies

It will do fantastic

Regarding that leaked trailer, I'm not really a fan of gore and violence.

Not my cup of tea.

There is so much gore and violence in that trailer that it really turns me off.

I know they're aiming for an "R" rating, but I don't think you really need to have a lot of gore and violence in order to make a good superhero movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"