Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stoked for all those books but especially for Duggans solo and Joe Kelly coming back to an ongoing.

Looking forward to the Seeley book too. That Death, Thanos and Deadpool relationship has been set up for awhile so curious to see how that plays out when given all the focus.

But yeah, this is all pretty amazing.

Last edited:
3 more weeks till official trailer release!

I need a HQ shot of Colossus!

It looks great....but...not sure going R-rated was the best move. I have a feeling if the movie bombs it will be due to that.

Don't see how being Rated R takes the blame for it bombing. Kingsman did fine.

As I see it, the main problem they have is connecting with the general audience. I'm praying.

Don't see how being Rated R takes the blame for it bombing. Kingsman did fine.

As I see it, the main problem they have is connecting with the general audience. I'm praying.

That's exactly why i'm nervous about the R-rating. The reason the MCU does so well is because it's very accessible. Families can see it, more conservative types can see it. But with this...it's a superhero film aimed only at non-conservative adults and teens

But we'll see...personally I hope it does great. It looks like a lot of fun!!

Considering the director doesn't have that much tenure that he can get discounts, gotta be at least 60-70 mil.

Reynolds has said it wasn't a lot, but never gave an amount.

I'm guessing between 50-70 mill.

That's exactly why i'm nervous about the R-rating. The reason the MCU does so well is because it's very accessible. Families can see it, more conservative types can see it. But with this...it's a superhero film aimed only at non-conservative adults and teens

Again, see Kingsman. Just because it doesn't do $600 million worldwide, won't mean it's a failure. It probably has a budget slightly higher than Kingsman's $81 million. And Kingsman still did $400 worldwide. The only way this won't do well is if it is terrible.

"Give it up for Chastity", Stan "The Man" Lee.

This movie does look fantastic but I do agree with what JP said a few pages back - the comedy and jokes are rather juvenile. I did roll my eyes at the c*ck-gobbler comment.

Reynolds, as well as the rest of the cast, look amazing though.

Do you really expect Deadpool to not be juvenile?

My one nitpick would be TJ Miller being a bit too TJ Miller.

This movie does look fantastic but I do agree with what JP said a few pages back - the comedy and jokes are rather juvenile. I did roll my eyes at the c*ck-gobbler comment.

Reynolds, as well as the rest of the cast, look amazing though.

The humor wasn't really that great - the Rosie O'Donnell crack could probably use some updating - and Deadpool's insult to Colossus and the later line from Blind Al relied a bit too much on "gay panic" for 2015.

But Reynolds and company looked like they were having so much fun I think it is going to be extremely easy to get caught up in the silliness. I viewed the two super-serious trailers from DC before this one and it was certainly a breath of fresh air in comparison. I though Deadpool was the big winner among the upcoming CBMS.

The humor wasn't really that great - the Rosie O'Donnell crack could probably use some updating.
That part of the movie is probably from the 90's...

Solid trailer. Cool to see Colossus and NTW. Love Deadpool's reaction to her name. The action especially looks great. The chemistry between actors is fantastic.

The humor is dated, but then, so is the humor in Deadpool. It's usually at least seven years behind.

Rosie has been on that view program up until recently right?

Not like he referenced an actor not seen in ages like Rick Moranis.

But wi He amount of jokes this movie will have its likely a few will fall flat

I'd say that you could probably compare the numbers that Fury Road made to this since that's pretty much the same target demo

Rosie has been on that view program up until recently right?

Not like he referenced an actor not seen in ages like Rick Moranis.

But wi He amount of jokes this movie will have its likely a few will fall flat

Definitely, same happens in the books. It's inevitable due to personal taste and just the number of jokes and fast talking Deadpool does. This flick won't be for everyone. Just like the comics are not.

Making 90's references will hardly be a bad thing for this flick. Deadpool is born from it and the 90s gen is in full swing right now. While I'm sure there will be plenty of modern pop culture references as well as easter eggs and inside gags for geeks, the majority of younger Millennials (Deadpools main demo) are gonna dig the heck out of 90s references and the trolling for sure. There's really nothing else to compare this film too right now in modern cinema, which I think is gonna work in it's favor.

Last edited:
That part of the movie is probably from the 90's...

How? Roise's image was completely different in the 90s. She was the fun talk show host who appealed to kids, and now she's seen as angry and bitter by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"