Derrickson to step down; who should direct?

You mean I might get a director who actually understands the character and doesn't say really stupid **** on the internet?

7Kx9XOk.gif

I feel misled by the article. It says "creative differences". That suggest Derrickson is creative. :o

So did Derrickson kill you guys' pets or something? What's the beef with him? Sure, Doctor Strange's plot, visuals side, is something we've seen before, but what was wrong with the movie or Derrickson's direction?
I didn't enjoy his take on the character, but I like the movie well enough, even as it is missing a proper second act. It was definitely one of those movies that felt better walking out of the theater as opposed to a second viewing. But Derrickson himself is definitely one of those guys that like's the smell of his own farts, and he did say something rather stupid about the issue with Bohemian Rhapsody kind of ignoring that Mercury was gay.

Huh? it's a good movie and this guy seemed like he liked Stan Lee and Marvel. I don't get it.

So did Derrickson kill you guys' pets or something? What's the beef with him? Sure, Doctor Strange's plot, visuals side, is something we've seen before, but what was wrong with the movie or Derrickson's direction?
Doctor Strange is just probably the most bland Marvel movie to date next to Thor 2 and Iron Man 2.

What a shame DC already booked James Wan and Andy Muschietti.

Although I get the feeling Scott is who wanted more of a horror approach, not Feige.

They're not going to attract a Sam Raimi or a James Wan at this point in the production. They're going to get somebody who is a competent director like a Peyton Reed. I don't mean they're literally going to get Peyton Reed, I mean they're not going to attract a guy who has a lot of options and will just go work on a movie they have more time to prepare for and can put their fingerprint on. This is going to be somebody who's just looking for a job for a few months. Or someone who is an up-and-coming director.

This is a shame. I know a lot of people dislike the first DS movie, but I actually love it (apart from the third act), and I was very excited to see what Derrickson could do in the sequel. I’m intrigued to see who they replace him with, though: this is going to get interesting, real fast.

Strange being generic was not Derrickson's fault. Marvel Studios brought in comedy writers to lighten up his script and make it more mainstream and less weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"