Derrickson to step down; who should direct?

I'm not a huge fan of Derrickson...he's not near my top Horror directors circle.

HOWEVER, I'm worried that the reason why he's gone is because he was actually making a dark Horror fantasy film and Marvel got cold feet and wants a superhero film that they can say is Horror but really isn't at all. If that's the case, then I'm disappointed and my interest in this film collapses.

If it's because he wasn't going "there" ENOUGH...into the wacky and fantasy etc...then...good riddance. AND...I could see Marvel getting someone mostly unknown like Panos Cosmatos to direct.

I liked the first film and while I would have been fine with Derrickson not coming back originally, I think a lot of the problems people have with the first one don't all fall on him alone.

If I had to guess, I think expecting part of the reason to be that Scott wanted the movie to be darker and more horror like is probably the case. But that doesn't necessarily mean this movie by not going dark or horror enough is going to be bad. It really depends on the execution of the script whether those elements are balanced properly or not.

Well if we want to go full horror...

upload_2020-1-9_19-55-2.jpeg

Travis knight?

Again with this type of suggestion I have to ask why would Travis Knight want to work on this movie? He is currently a hot name so why would he come work on a movie that is on such a tight schedule when he can work on something and develop it from scratch? That's why I don't think it's going to be anybody like that

I'm bummed only because it sucks when there's issues behind the scenes that can affect a film I'm looking forward to and I'm a huge supporter of the first DS

That being said...scott derrickson is NOT irreplaceable

Again with this type of suggestion I have to ask why would Travis Knight want to work on this movie? He is currently a hot name so why would he come work on a movie that is on such a tight schedule when he can work on something and develop it from scratch? That's why I don't think it's going to be anybody like that

Idk why did he want to do uncharted at one point who knows. Lol

Knight for Fantastic Four

I'ma throw in more unrealistic choices just because trololol

John Krasinski

Idk why did he want to do uncharted at one point who knows. Lol

But the difference is he came onto Uncharted much earlier in that project development phase. This movie is going to shoot in a couple of months. He's not going to have time to make changes to the scripts that he wants or really put his fingerprint on this movie. They're not going to get a guy like Travis Knight for that reason

What if they bring back Joss Whedon?
He wouldn't be writing, or fully writing, if that's the main concern. He did great as a director, IMO, especially with the first Avengers. And he also did a good job with Wanda in AoU.
Mostly I'd like for his last job in the superheroe genre to not be that JL fiasco.

To get in the studios good graces, and then make the movie you really want?

Travis knight strikes me as the team player type

To get in the studios good graces, and then make the movie you really want?

Travis Knight doesn't have to do that though. He's already in high demand by like everyone. He can wait on a more attractive project.

Travis Knight doesn't have to do that though. He's already in high demand by like everyone. He can wait on a more attractive project.
Well not if he wants to make something specific. Say he wants to do something specifically for Disney. As in demand as he might be, it's Disney. Not everyone is lining up their computers to direct their next Superman movie.

I don’t him wasted on a project he didn’t start from scratch. As a poster earlier suggested, I’d rather see him on something like Fantastic Four. He’d be perfect for that.
Considering Kubo, I'd think he'd be better off doing something with a bit more edge then the Fantastic Four. I liked Bumblebee, but it wasn't close to his first effort.

I could see them getting someone like William Eubank. An up and comer type

Well not if he wants to make something specific. Say he wants to do something specifically for Disney. As in demand as he might be, it's Disney. Not everyone is lining up their computers to direct their next Superman movie.

Technically, sure. But I pretty much feel like if he called and just said he wanted to work on that project that he would just work on the project he wanted to in the first place. Again, he's in demand.

Technically, sure. But I pretty much feel like if he called and just said he wanted to work on that project that he would just work on the project he wanted to in the first place. Again, he's in demand.
Being in demand doesn't make you Nolan. There is being in demand, and there is being in demand. Taika is in demand, but he still needs to pitch to Disney. Knight is doing The Six Billion Dollar Man right now. That isn't the most in demand there is. Mcquarrie was in demand in 2015, still found a way to help out on Rogue One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"