Derrickson to step down; who should direct?

I'm not too concerned about them losing the director, I didn't think Derrickson was bad but I liked Strange more in IW than I did in his own film. I just hope they think outside the box with their next choice.

Losing the director is irrelevant really it's the time frame I'm worried about.

I’m confused, Derrickson said again and again that he wanted a more trippy Doctor Strange film but Marvel didn’t let him do it the first go around because they didn’t want to overwhelm audiences. He said one of the conditions he had for coming back for a sequel was to allow him to explore more of the horror/gothic aspects, but it seems like Disney and Feige are more fixated on dropping a lot of those elements in favor of justifying how they’re going to introduce most of the characters they acquired from Fox. How is Derrickson the bad guy in this scenario? Disney has notoriously fired directors who won’t play their game (Rogue One, Solo, Ant-Man) and it’s frustrating because they seem so pressed on box office success instead of telling good stories consistently.

Sad news. The first movie has grown on me over the years and I was looking to this. Oh well, hope they get a good replacement

Maybe Adam McKay can step in? He and marvel have a good relationship

I'm not even gonna speculate anymore because I already know it's gonna be somebody I didn't even think of.

:pal:

Yeah I'm not too upset about this, Derrickson didn't do anything so amazing that he can't be replaced
Mike Flanagan maybe...?

Hope this doesn’t turn into another Rise of Skywalker situation...

Rise of Skywalker had way more time than this movie. Whoever comes in now will be making someone else's movie at this point with minor changes which is why I'm praying for it to be pushed back

This close to production start, I could see them leaning on someone with deep Marvel connections, someone who has been around Marvel Studios for a long time and knows how things work. Someone like Clark Gregg.

Eggers almost seemed disgusted with the idea of making a cbm, and he reacted this way in front of Pattinson after being announced as Batman. lol

Ari Aster in a podcast also said he doesn't see himself directing big tentpole movies any time soon.

What did Eggers say? Or was it more of a look of disgust.

I see people blaming Derrickson for the writing in the first Doctor Strange film but I would lay most of the humor and bs on Robert Cargill. Didn't he start off writing articles and reviews for a fanboy website that was big a long time ago?

Ain't it cool news, yes.

lol guys, Eggers might have made a movie about the devil but he’s not about to sell his soul to Disney.

lol guys, Eggers might have made a movie about the devil but he’s not about to sell his soul to Disney.

Lol...

Making a single MCU film isn't what I would consider selling one's soul to Disney.

:pal:

Yeah I'm not too upset about this, Derrickson didn't do anything so amazing that he can't be replaced
Mike Flanagan maybe...?

I'd say that Flanagan might be the "safest" choice...in that he's a respected Horror director...so it will put fans at ease and let Marvel continue to pretend that they are doing a Horror film, but he seems to be able to play the studio game a bit with properties he didn't create.

"Everybody has a price" is probably the only cliche saying that I feel has truth to it. May not be money but it's always something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"