• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Horror Dexter - Part 6

Yea, however I was looking forward to
Quinn saying 'tonight's the night.' then smiling at the camere
:hehe:

Glad the finale spoilers were debunked. I read two versions and both were absolute garbage.

As much as this season has sucked, I'm really hoping for a good last episode. Nothing will save this season as a whole, but a great finale could make it a little less awful.

Last edited:
Yea, however I was looking forward to
Quinn saying 'tonight's the night.' then smiling at the camere
:hehe:

That was actually the part I was dreading most. As much as I might disagree with the directions they taken Dexter, there's no way that one would have been believable. Not in the slightest.

yea it would be the worst ending ever

Glad to read some of those finale spoilers have been debunked. Let's see how this goes.

The finale def will not salvage what has been a horrible season that had potential when it first started. But hoping that it will lessen the blow of how terrible it's been.

So it is possible that [blackout]Deb does not die, Dexter is found out about and potentially caught or that he doesn't get a happy ending with Hannah[/blackout]. I still can't muster any kind of emotion at the end of this series. Normally I'd feel something. Dread or excitement, some kind of anticipation but here, nothing.

Apparently these spoilers have been debunke...

No Quinn becomes the new Dexter.
No Matthews kills Dexter.
No bodies washing up on shore.

and the finale is said to have brilliant moments, some scenes that will hit you hard and stick with you, an interesting conclusion... but is still a complete mess and sucks ass,

To be honest I'd heard all those endings and was convinced the first one was true.

Wow that's actually made me excited (well as excited as one can be for the finale of the this season) for what happens..

Also I expect no twitter storm as that will be all BB.

This season of Dexter has been the equivalent of a kid drawing a picture going "Mommy mommy look what I done" while the mum says "Yes yes lovely lovely" whilst doing something far more interesting (watching Breaking Bad).

I'm a bit confused as to how it can have brilliant moments, scenes that will stick with you and an interesting conclusion while still being a COMPLETE mess.

I'm rooting for a good finale. It has nothing to do with whether or not this season is salvageable, it's just the fact that the series deserves to go out on a good note where people are actually having a dialogue about the ending rather than complaining about how bad the show is now and how much they don't care one way or the other.

This season of Dexter has been the equivalent of a kid drawing a picture going "Mommy mommy look what I done" while the mum says "Yes yes lovely lovely" whilst doing something far more interesting (watching Breaking Bad).

Annnnd every time someone says something like this, I'm going to keep repeating: Dexter has never been on the same level as Breaking Bad. Ever.

Last edited:
Season 1 and 2 were definitely on BrB levels.

Disagree. Breaking Bad was always better written, whereas Dexter has relied on somewhat tacky tropes like constant narration and the biggest crutch of all: Harry, to get information across to the audience. On top of that BB completely smokes it in terms of production value and its dense, cinematic style.

Dexter has always been a networky crime procedural with a dark twist, and I've liked it for that. But while Dexter was bending the rules of TV, Breaking Bad was well...breaking them.

I don't know, making you root for a serial killer and loving kill scenes its pretty bold.

Don't get me wrong I love Breaking Bad, but season 1 and 2 were just as good to me. Trinity killing a ton of 10 year old children was pretty ****ed up.

eh this whole comparing breaking bad to dexter when they are so very different is getting old. Yes BrB is beating dexter to hell in terms of quality. Its like comparing weeds to the walking dead. :funny:

That's the thing though, there's a difference between being subjective and being objective. Subjectively, I myself LOVED the first 4 seasons of Dexter and was as addicted to the show as I've ever been to BrBa. However, once I took a step back and tried to be objective about it I had to admit to myself that BrBa was simply the better-made show. This was a tough pill to swallow for me at the time because I was a Dexter fan before I was a BrBa fan, Dexter was "my show" and I had all my friends bugging me to watch this Breaking Bad show that they said was sooo much better. I went into BrBa with a bit of a chip on my shoulder because of that, but eventually I had to concede that my friends were right. However once I just accepted Dexter for what it was I was able to get past that.

Anyway, I completely agree that the comparing thing is getting old. I have no desire to compare the two but when people keep constantly doing it for the final seasons, I can't help but point out what I feel is the truth about the two shows overall. But yes, it's apples and oranges.

Dexter was never on the level of Breaking Bad, sorry. It was (during its first 4 seasons) a good show with moments of greatness. But even at its strongest, its mythology wasn't as rich, its acting and directing as good or its characters as fleshed out as BrBa. Especially the last point. I really liked Dexter in its early seasons, but even then I thought it had a really weak and uninteresting supporting cast who would put me to sleep with their boring, meaningless subplots.

1 - great
2 - great
3 - good
4 - very good
5 - bad
6 - awful
7 - good
8 - abysmal

Dexter was never on the level of Breaking Bad, sorry. It was (during its first 4 seasons) a good show with moments of greatness. But even at its strongest, its mythology wasn't as rich, its acting and directing as good or its characters as fleshed out as BrBa. Especially the last point. I really liked Dexter in its early seasons, but even then I thought it had a really weak and uninteresting supporting cast who would put me to sleep with their boring, meaningless subplots.

Bingo.

Dexter didn't take enough risks during the course of the series. And the writing, specially in this last couple of seasons, was average, to say the least. That's one of the main problems it had. Everything stayed more or less the same from one season to the other. And when things did change, 3 episodes in the next season, and everything was back to normal. Not enough challenges for the characters, not enough potentially interesting storylines to explore. Most of the characters -specially in Miami Metro- are just 'there'. They don't provide conflict, or anything interesting to the overall plot.

You know what show took a lot of risks?

Game of Thrones. :o

That's what I've heard, yes.

Disagree. Breaking Bad was always better written, whereas Dexter has relied on somewhat tacky tropes like constant narration and the biggest crutch of all: Harry, to get information across to the audience. On top of that BB completely smokes it in terms of production value and its dense, cinematic style.

Dexter has always been a networky crime procedural with a dark twist, and I've liked it for that. But while Dexter was bending the rules of TV, Breaking Bad was well...breaking them.

I don't agree with that. I think S1, S2, and S4 were on BrBa levels. It was more then just a procedural with a dark twist, it examined some very dark themes about humanity through Dexter himself.

Had the writing stayed on par with those seasons, this would have been a show that would have gone down as one of the greats. But it floundered and never reached that potential.

Oh man, so the spoilers are debunked! Hip-freaking hooray. Now I have some hope for the finale

do you? do you....REAAALLLY?

Read Clyde Phillips is letting everyone know how he would of done the final season on Monday. Honestly more excited for that.

yea its going to be awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"