Dexter - Part 6

I should’ve put it starts Sunday.

God I can’t believe Dexter is back later on tonight. Very excited.

upload_2021-11-7_1-47-29.gif

A pretty solid first episode, but the ending is what got me the most and I can't wait to see where it goes next. Now, that felt like the old Dexter Morgan we all know and love and damn Michael C. Hall hasn't missed a step in this role even though it still feels like its been forever since the show last ended.

It's just awesome seeing him back and in top form as well.

There were a TON of throwbacks... some very subtle. now i hope theres a cool title sequence with the original theme.

I mean they had to establish a clear change in Dexter’s life with all the time that had passed, so much that it felt like a different show for most of the episode. It was effective in that sense.

Hello Dexter Morgan.
Oh boy Dex I didn’t realize how much I missed you till now. I mean this first episode was fantastic and I like how it started out different but as the episode went on it slowly became more familiar. Michael C. Hall what can I say man it’s like he never left and Jennifer Carpenter as ghost Deb was handled nicely. I don’t want to get on a soapbox but these last few years have been rough for me mentally and back when this show was on even the bad seasons this episode reminded me of better times. So glad this show is back and I’m really hoping they stick the landing and give this show and us fans the ending we deserve.

I also really liked it. I was a bit worried, a show coming back after years often doesn't work. Prison Break, Arrested Development, X-Files, Heroes... they all couldn't do it. Just wasn't the same.

Has it ever worked? I can't think of an example where a show came back and it was just as good as before. This might be the first one. (Only just one episode though, so let's see...)

It was such a good return episode. I did not like the last 2-3 seasons the show ended on so I am glad they decided to redeem the show. Looking forward to more episode whether they plan on this being the clear end or more seasons.

The original series is now on Pluto TV.

Great premiere.

They'll never be able to erase the utter dog**** storytelling that led up to that terrible finale, but if they play their cards right here, they might actually be able to make me un-hate that ending, lol.

So I have to be the only one who didn't like it. I thought the story was really predictable, lazy and didn't justify a return after so many years. There were also quite a few script moments where they wanted to go from point A to point B and didn't put any effort in how to get there.

I did not expect a season 1-4 Dexter but I was hoping for something better than this with the original showrunner been attached and all. It certainly is not as abysmal as seasons 7-8, but the premiere felt on par with the mediocrity of 5 and 6.

I didn't expect Harrison to appear as soon as he did, but nice to see him. Curious how Dexter attempting to mold him will go. I know in the books he attempts the same with Astor and Cody, to very mixed results, but hopefully his attempts with Harrison go better than that.

I was thinking if Harrison inherited Dexter's psychopathy or not.

Just saw the premiere and I enjoyed it. Also didn’t expect Harrison to show up so soon but it’s gonna be nice to see how Dexter & Harrison’s relationship unfolds as the season goes

I didn't expect Harrison to appear as soon as he did, but nice to see him. Curious how Dexter attempting to mold him will go. I know in the books he attempts the same with Astor and Cody, to very mixed results, but hopefully his attempts with Harrison go better than that.

I would have liked the original run to have gone there with Astor and Cody. As much as the kills were fun to watch, I really enjoyed watching Dexter’s home life with Rita and the kids. I wished that the kids were still there even after Rita’s death.

I also liked the second episode, but I wonder if the entire season is mostly going to be about that one kill. It also seems to be pretty obvious that
the other serial killer is that rich oil guy who let them borrow his helicopter.

I wish they would just focus on Dexter. I think every season had another serial killer, what are the odds he just runs into one of them again :whatever: Maybe there will be twist with that storyline, but I doubt it. [/
I kind of have a problem with the scenes with Deb. I don't really know what it is, but it’s too obvious to me that she's actually really there instead of Dexter imagining her. It feels a bit low budget.

I actually thought the second episode was better than the premiere, but maybe that's just me. I am really enjoying the awkward, family dynamic between Dexter and Harrison and I can't wait to see how that unfolds.

A part of me died though hearing what happened to Anna, but I guess it was too much to hope that Yvonne would come back at some point considering how much she's blown up since the show last ended.

It's a shame because I thought she was one of the bright spots of those weaker seasons of Dexter.

I actually thought the second episode was better than the premiere, but maybe that's just me. I am really enjoying the awkward, family dynamic between Dexter and Harrison and I can't wait to see how that unfolds.

A part of me died though hearing what happened to Anna, but I guess it was too much to hope that Yvonne would come back at some point considering how much she's blown up since the show last ended.

It's a shame because I thought she was one of the bright spots of those weaker seasons of Dexter.

I guess it's possible that
Harrison could be lying about Anna. Maybe she's still alive, and he just ran away from home. But I think a twist with him killing her would probably be more likely.

There’s something about this new series that makes Dexter way more human than he’s ever been in the original series. There are moments where he shows some sort of empathy or understanding that I think are genuine rather than faking/imitating. They’re treating his “thirst” for killing more as an addiction than they have before (example, he has a routine that helps soothe that addiction). Another difference is that I always thought of Harry as his dark passenger in the original series but in the new series, Deb is his conscience. “Deb” doesn’t want him to kill or fall off the wagon (much like the real Deb in seasons 7 and 8).

There’s something about this new series that makes Dexter way more human than he’s ever been in the original series. There are moments where he shows some sort of empathy or understanding that I think are genuine rather than faking/imitating. They’re treating his “thirst” for killing more as an addiction than they have before (example, he has a routine that helps soothe that addiction). Another difference is that I always thought of Harry as his dark passenger in the original series but in the new series, Deb is his conscience. “Deb” doesn’t want him to kill or fall off the wagon (much like the real Deb in seasons 7 and 8).
I wholeheartedly agree

This is the most human we’ve ever seen Dexter and it will be interesting to see how much more he will evolve now that Harrison is back in the picture

Second episode was good, even better than the first I thought. Though was sad to hear about Hannah

I liked the first episode a little more then this second one but it was still good. Mostly a setup episode with slowly introducing the new killer and Dexters dynamic with Harrison but it was all necessary of course. I agree with Dex being more human and the addiction angle being a great idea with the killing being like a drug. I want Dex to learn from his mistakes and be there for his son but this ain’t gonna be a happy ending. I mean it’s a show about a serial killer lol hell the the final episode wasn’t so I except this to follow suit.

the first and second episodes.... now i can see its going to go straight to **** like seasons 6-8.... its really kind of dumb already.

harrison... im not sure how he went from runaway kid who should be all sorts of sketched out about his dad... is all of a sudden mr cool kid on the block like him and his dad just moved in... next he will beat up the school bully (kill him) ... a whole high school dramedy starring the american pie spinoffs.

deb is annoying as ****. and its only because they have her constantly ****ing yelling... we get it. calm the **** down or let harry come back lol hopefully she fades out and trinity replaces her for a bit.

my money is on the ending being dexter and harrison going back to miami. or maybe somewhere like LA. to set up any potential future seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"