Dexter - Part 6

Numerous plot holes an conveniences aside, this has been a fantastic return to form for Dexter. Episode 9 was intense and gratifying.

Yeah seems like they forgot Dexter was shot in the leg, and I'm sure he had some bruises and scratches on his face... that doesn't magically heal within a day. I was already wondering how he was going to explain that to Angela... Another great episode though, besides that.

These last two episodes have been intense asf and they've really done a great building up the relationship between Dexter and Harrison and I love the fact that both of them have grown closer together
now that Dexter has come clean about his past and making sure Harrison doesn't feel alone anymore.

I still don't see things ending well for Dexter, but I honestly have no idea what to expect next. This finale is going to be crazy, and the ending of this episode was super satisfying too.

Are we sure this is the final season? It said next week was the season finale, not series finale. Made me wonder....

Excellent episode. It was nice to see flashback to Dexter’s days in Miami when he was telling Harrison the story Mr. Giggles the clown

Kurt was a great antagonist and his trophy room was creepy AF.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the finale.

Prediction for finale: Harrison kills Angela trinity style to "protect" the code

Interesting theory. Feels reminiscent of Dexter killing Laguerta with Deb present, to prevent anything from getting out.

I do like Harrison getting the code. Him and Dexter being born in blood helps, but Harrison learning about Dexter's methods feels more personable and works in a way that it could never have worked with Miguel or Lumen, even though I didn't mind them being present when Dexter committed his murders. You could see Dexter beaming with pride when Harrison told him that his murders no doubt saved plenty of lives.

That said, especially with that note, Angela's going to get close. It's like the spirits of LaGuerta and Doakes live on in her, more so now that she knows that "Jim" is really Dexter Morgan. Very curious how this finale will turn out. It's also interesting that Molly's death ended up happening off-screen, but it made the discovery of her body all the more shocking.

One thing that seemed to have been ignored is the rich oil guy that Angela’s daughter was protesting. Writers seemed to have set up something for him and then he just disappears. Wonder if we will see him in the finale

Oh man......I thought Episode 9 was the season finale and a perfect break before season 2. It appears people are leaning towards it not returning.

One thing that seemed to have been ignored is the rich oil guy that Angela’s daughter was protesting. Writers seemed to have set up something for him and then he just disappears. Wonder if we will see him in the finale

Been wondering that myself dont think they can pay that off in finale at all unless its to set up another season dont remember dexter ever having a cliffhanger to set anything up

Prediction for finale: Harrison kills Angela trinity style to "protect" the code

I honestly think the opposite is more likely to happen, and can't see there being any happy ending for Dexter or Harrison.

There were a few really important moments shown in this episode.

In a scene that was hard to watch, Harrison saw Dexter's entire ritual. Rather than being a romanticized version of Dexter the vigilante that makes him look like a superhero, they really highlighted the disturbing reality of what Dexter does, and how much Dexter gets off on it all -- which was very deliberate. He doesn't do this only to "save lives" and to keep his urges at bay. He kills people because he loves to. Everything Dexter said to Kurt about why he kills women -- he loves the hunt, the rituals, the feeling of power and control he has over his victims -- can be applied to Dexter himself and his victims. Setting up the kill room, showing and telling his victims what they've done, killing them, chopping up the bodies, all of the blood -- Dexter loves it. They even made a point of drawing a parallel between Dexter and Trinity when Harrison was freaking out. The code is just a tool Harry gave Dexter to evade capture and prevent him from killing innocent people, although we know several innocent people have either died, been hurt, or gone down dark paths (Deb and Harrison) directly or indirectly because of Dexter.

Harrison may have some dark urges of his own, but they don't seem to come close to Dexter's yet. I think Dexter made a mistake in showing Harrison everything about what he really is, because he was convinced Harrison is just like him when he's clearly not.

Right now, Harrison seems to be on board with all of this, but I'm not sure that will be the case by the end of the finale. Dexter doesn't even know it yet, but the walls are closing in on him. The first rule of the code is "don't get caught". This gives Dexter an "excuse" to kill an innocent person in order to evade capture. Once Angela either confronts or arrests Dexter about all the BHB stuff, he's going to be faced with a choice. He may even need to kill a cop or Angela herself in order to keep his secrets or escape custody or even to protect Harrison from being linked to this. If Harrison realizes Angela or Audrey's lives are in danger, or that Audrey may become orphaned again, he might realize that Dexter IS a threat to innocent lives and that Dexter himself fits the code.

After all, the only reason Molly is dead is because she was suspicious of Kurt and on to him, which all started once Kurt's son went missing. Dexter killing Kurt's son and toying with Kurt is also what almost got Harrison killed, which Dexter admitted.

I think there's a very good chance that Harrison turns on Dexter and either aids in Dexter getting captured or wounds/kills Dexter himself. It seems like this season has put almost all of the necessary pieces in place for something like this to happen. This would break the cycle of death and misery in Dexter's life and the lives of everyone close to him. It's also the only way for Harrison to be able to live anything close to a "normal" life.

They didn't spend precious time showing Harrison getting a long range rifle and being an amazing shot for no reason. Kurt's dead, so who else would be a threat or who would be most likely to need to be shot while running away?

Think about when LaGuerta died. Deb was faced with the same choice and she wrongly chose to kill LaGuerta over Dexter. I don't see the show repeating the same thing again. Dexter can't run away from this one.

Obviously just theorizing but I wouldn't be surprised if something like this goes down. Any other "happy ending" of Dexter and Harrison on the run, or operating as a serial killer duo seems highly unlikely and wouldn't be the definitive ending the series needs.

I honestly think the opposite is more likely to happen, and can't see there being any happy ending for Dexter or Harrison.

There were a few really important moments shown in this episode.

In a scene that was hard to watch, Harrison saw Dexter's entire ritual. Rather than being a romanticized version of Dexter the vigilante that makes him look like a superhero, they really highlighted the disturbing reality of what Dexter does, and how much Dexter gets off on it all -- which was very deliberate. He doesn't do this only to "save lives" and to keep his urges at bay. He kills people because he loves to. Everything Dexter said to Kurt about why he kills women -- he loves the hunt, the rituals, the feeling of power and control he has over his victims -- can be applied to Dexter himself and his victims. Setting up the kill room, showing and telling his victims what they've done, killing them, chopping up the bodies, all of the blood -- Dexter loves it. They even made a point of drawing a parallel between Dexter and Trinity when Harrison was freaking out. The code is just a tool Harry gave Dexter to evade capture and prevent him from killing innocent people, although we know several innocent people have either died, been hurt, or gone down dark paths (Deb and Harrison) directly or indirectly because of Dexter.

Harrison may have some dark urges of his own, but they don't seem to come close to Dexter's yet. I think Dexter made a mistake in showing Harrison everything about what he really is, because he was convinced Harrison is just like him when he's clearly not.

Right now, Harrison seems to be on board with all of this, but I'm not sure that will be the case by the end of the finale. Dexter doesn't even know it yet, but the walls are closing in on him. The first rule of the code is "don't get caught". This gives Dexter an "excuse" to kill an innocent person in order to evade capture. Once Angela either confronts or arrests Dexter about all the BHB stuff, he's going to be faced with a choice. He may even need to kill a cop or Angela herself in order to keep his secrets or escape custody or even to protect Harrison from being linked to this. If Harrison realizes Angela or Audrey's lives are in danger, or that Audrey may become orphaned again, he might realize that Dexter IS a threat to innocent lives and that Dexter himself fits the code.

After all, the only reason Molly is dead is because she was suspicious of Kurt and on to him, which all started once Kurt's son went missing. Dexter killing Kurt's son and toying with Kurt is also what almost got Harrison killed, which Dexter admitted.

I think there's a very good chance that Harrison turns on Dexter and either aids in Dexter getting captured or wounds/kills Dexter himself. It seems like this season has put almost all of the necessary pieces in place for something like this to happen. This would break the cycle of death and misery in Dexter's life and the lives of everyone close to him. It's also the only way for Harrison to be able to live anything close to a "normal" life.

They didn't spend precious time showing Harrison getting a long range rifle and being an amazing shot for no reason. Kurt's dead, so who else would be a threat or who would be most likely to need to be shot while running away?

Think about when LaGuerta died. Deb was faced with the same choice and she wrongly chose to kill LaGuerta over Dexter. I don't see the show repeating the same thing again. Dexter can't run away from this one.

Obviously just theorizing but I wouldn't be surprised if something like this goes down. Any other "happy ending" of Dexter and Harrison on the run, or operating as a serial killer duo seems highly unlikely and wouldn't be the definitive ending the series needs.

Interesting points, but one thing you missed[SPOILER="they may want to continue the series at some point" :funny: ][/SPOILER]

Side-note, I didn't realize this until now going back and seeing people talk about episode 8. When the guy who captured Dexter gave Kurt a quick call, and we saw Kurt close-up and wearing scrubs, some postulated that he'd already killed Molly at this point and he was working on embalming her body.

So what's more likely for tomorrow,
Dexter Dies?
Or Dexter returns to Miami and we discover the whole thing has been a bait and switch, Dexter Returns to Miami for Season 10.
Perhaps even as a prisoner to face justice for his crimes?

With the episode title it ain’t looking good for Dex imo.

True lol.
I still think Harrison is going to kill his father. Which I’m just speculating so it’s not a spoiler. I thought that might be a possibility a little before the first episode.

True lol.
I still think Harrison is going to kill his father. Which I’m just speculating so it’s not a spoiler. I thought that might be a possibility a little before the first episode.
Or Harrison might TRY to kill his father.
All I am saying is, Dexter has LOTS of reasons to get out of Iron Lake, ASAP.

All I know is the ending has to be good if it’s supposed to break the internet. At least I hope it is.

All I know is the ending has to be good if it’s supposed to break the internet. At least I hope it is.
I think Clyde Phillips is saying that the ending will break the Internet because it will somehow set up the continuation of the series.

Ok I can see that. I’m torn if I want this to be the end of if I want it to continue. However it lands I’m fine.

I still think this is the end of the line for Dex one way or another. I also want this to be a fairly definitive ending, which is what the series deserves.

Continuing on with Harrison is likely possible, but not something I’m really dying to see.

I'd like for it to continue, but I don't think "Dexter" continues without, y'know.....Dexter. I think it'll be sort of a The Mechanic (Statham version) ending. Maybe Harrison breaks the code, kills Angela, and that's that.

ill be watching the second it comes online tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"