Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

The irony is that she needs the Dems just as much as Johnson does to avoid it. Unlike McCarthy, Johnson has followed up on some deals with Dems, so Dem interest in ousting him are low. I expect a sudden Dem caucus gathering to happen when the motion to vacate comes up.

Ultimately, this move to oust Johnson is irrelevant. He made his deal for foreign aid (though I'd have pushed him on a comprehensive immigration policy) and more than enough Dems are going to abstain from voting or vote for him to retain his seat. His tenure, however, will be short lived. The Repubs have an almost zero chance of keeping the house; although Johnson bringing the foreign aid bills to the floor helped some.

He'll never be speaker again....win or lose in November.

It's sad that so many people follow Trump around like he's some great man when he's just plain greedy and stupid. :(

Yeah, I've been saying for awhile that having Lake as the GOP senate nominee is good news for Biden. Trump's fears are reasonable. I love the idea that there is "tension" over this and it's so predictable with someone as transactional as Trump. You've heard the term "What have you done for me lately?". With Trump it's "What have you done for me now?" :funny: Instead of going out and trying to help her, he expects all the help to be coming his way. Typical....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"