Discussion: Third Parties, The GREEN Party, The LIBERTARIAN Party, and Other Third Parties

I don't get the new political party outside it being another get rich quick scam.
Unless the US gets major electoral reform third parties will not be viable. If that were to happen, then we could see Congress turning more in their Parliament counterparts in other countries.

Which is not happening any time soon. Both political parties are quite happy with the current duo system.

I don't get the new political party outside it being another get rich quick scam.

Here's the thing about blillionaires, especially those that cultivate a cult of personality, is that they take it rather personal they are rejected. Yang has been repeatedly told to **** off by the Democratic Party, so he wants to try to play spoiler, by embracing his Republican ideals and propping up other Republicans as centrists, who compared to the current GOP, probably could be considered centrist.

I know, another Ross Perot but these days you can't be a billionaire without some kind of scam being involved either.

By the way, this forward party BS is nothing but that; BS. If someone doesn’t believe in a woman’s right to choose, then they better be in a damn small minority of any party I’m associated with. You a Bigot? OK, it’s OK. What a bunch of BS.

I knew the Forward Party would struggle to establish their stances when I learned Andrew Yang was involved.

The very idea that this is the third party that will revolutionize the two party system is laughable.

The only thing they agree on is the two party system is bad. Okay now what? You refuse to provide any solutions beyond adding a third party arbitrarily.

Yang at a t-junction: "Left? Right? Nah, I have a forward stance"

*Steps on the gas*

And he's driving straight into either a brick wall or over a cliff. I can't tell which yet.

I think Yang's Forward partner Christine Whitman was and is a moderate, reasonable conservative but the Democratic Party already is a pretty centrist party (except on guns and, recently, climate), there's no reason moderate Republicans couldn't already work with Democrats more often (maybe they can't win in Republican primaries anymore).

Yang's own ideology I liked, still like, and it is pretty unusual and novel, for having some more progressive policies but for pro-business/private sector goals, not surprising that he and those kinds of policy goals would not be embraced by either big party but they should be and even fine to start an additional party to try to support them (especially as it will be willing to work with, even endorse the existing big parties).

In the 'no ****, sherlock' department comes:

Political Wire - Liz Cheney Presidential Run Would Hurt Biden

A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll finds Joe Biden leading Donald Trump in a one-on-one rematch by four points among registered voters, 46% to 42%.

But in a three-way race with Rep. Liz Cheney on the ballot as an independent, Trump would suddenly vault to an 8-point lead over Biden, 40% to 32%.

In that scenario, Cheney trails with just 11% of the vote. The problem for Biden is that nearly all of Cheney’s votes come at his expense — and there are enough of them, in theory, to put Trump over the top.

The only configuration that would really maximally hurt the R candidate is if it is not Trump and Donald Trump runs as an independent or third party candidate against them.

"I don't like what you said so I'll sue you" sounds exactly like a Libertarian. They can't even abide their own beliefs.

I see why the far right and neonazis took over the Libertarian Party.

In almost every state where Democrats won by under 40k votes, the Libertarian Party had over 60k votes.

The opaque $70 million scheme that could make Trump the next president
In response to a request for comment, a No Labels spokesperson said the organization does not release its donors because it is not required by law, and "agitators and partisan operatives try to destroy organizations they don’t like by attacking and intimidating their individual supporters."

No Labels says that it will only run a presidential ticket if Republicans and Democrats "nominate candidates who empower or cater to the extremes." Would Biden fit the bill? No Labels will not answer that question either. But No Labels has produced graphics equating Trump and Biden, characterizing both as an unacceptable choice:

In any event, the No Labels strategy appears focused on siphoning off votes from the Democratic candidate. According to a projected map circulated by the group, it projects to win about two-thirds of their Electoral College votes from states that supported Biden in 2020.
Corporate third party group created to elect a Republican president by taking votes away from the Democratic ticket.

Speaking of which…

WSJ News Exclusive | Kyrsten Sinema Is Preparing for a 2024 Re-Election Campaign as an Independent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"