Discussion: Third Parties, The GREEN Party, The LIBERTARIAN Party, and Other Third Parties

There are legitimate concerns with both SSRIs and their possible overuse.

The assumption that we should give big pharma the benefit of the doubt is not a historically progressive position.

He blames mass shootings on video games and antidepressants (because he hates the pharmaceutical industry that makes vaccines).
This guy is one of the dumbest M***EFing morons I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. After listening to him 2 or 3 times, I just crossed him off the list of people who could string a sentence together. I could be wrong, but I think he's going to be completely irrelevant, or even a help to the Dems, in the general election once people hear some of the BS that excretes from his pie hole.....and I'm quite sure they will....

I think that's fair: liberals stop protesting injustices when they're committed by a Democratic president, so there's no domestic opposition on progressive issues.

When Obama was elected, people largely stopped protesting the Iraq war and federal torture facilities.

When Biden was elected, people largely stopped protesting Black Lives Matter, MeToo, and largely stopped worrying about COVID.

It's really too bad but it does seem like partisanship rules almost everything.

But Kennedy could become a much better candidate by coming out against the Gaza conflict. I suspect that he too wants to please his donors.

It is not fair. It is self important bull****. He is saying being banned from social media is more dangerous than literally attacking Congress.

As for protests, it is amazing how people may not feel the need to protest as much if they feel the people in power is on their side. That said, there are still plenty of protests that go on, just not quite as big or newsworthy. And there is a variety of reasons why it may have lessoned after 2020. Also, expecting people to treat covid in 2024 the same as in 2020 is just not human nature.

This guy is one of the dumbest M***EFing morons I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. After listening to him 2 or 3 times, I just crossed him off the list of people who could string a sentence together. I could be wrong, but I think he's going to be completely irrelevant, or even a help to the Dems, in the general election once people hear some of the BS that excretes from his pie hole.....and I'm quite sure they will....
He's completely off his rocker. :(

He was picked because they thought he would be a Bernie like polarizing figure. Not really noticing that he talks more like a republican than a democrat.

He was picked because they thought he would be a Bernie like polarizing figure. Not really noticing that he talks more like a republican than a democrat.
They also probably thought his last name was enough to cover the fact that he's a moron.

They also probably thought his last name was enough to cover the fact that he's a moron.
People who are extremists don't normally think they are extreme. They also think there are a lot more people like them than there really are.

I think it makes sense for America's billionaires to support Kennedy.

It's an insurance policy in case one of Trump or Biden decides to grow a backbone. Kennedy can be shifted to sink either one.

For example, if Trump decides to genuinely critique Israel, Kennedy gets money and air time targeting Trump voters. Similarly for Biden.

Brilliant move by Bill Ackman and friends.

It'd be nice if we had a viable 3rd party here in the US. I'm left leaning, but think the Dems are way too centrist as of late.

Just as long as he doesn't take too many votes away from Biden. That's what I'm most worried about.
This looks like a good article, it shows that RFK's impact right now is largely neutral:

In my opinion, if RFK JR. costs Trump the election, the fault should lie with Trump, and if he costs Biden the election, the fault should lie with Biden. They're both weak candidates, who could be doing a lot more to inspire for a better future.

It'd be nice if we had a viable 3rd party here in the US. I'm left leaning, but think the Dems are way too centrist as of late.
It seems so unlikely. A third party would need to get a seat at the table in the Congress and Senate. Theoretically it could happen if blue dog (Manchin, Sinema, Rahm Emmanuel, etc) democrats formed a new party jointly with the Bush/Romney/Haley Republicans ... but I doubt they will. That would have a base among the political class and among billionaire donors, they would have a homogeneous political ideology, but voters don't actually like those people.

Totally agree. The entire point of RFK Jr running really IS to take votes from Biden. Anyone who thinks the POINT of his running is to win is an absolute idiot. I happen to think that this attempt can be turned on its head by simply pointing out the positions of the candidates.

That's not exactly true. The sad fact is, even it the Dems retake the house, if it comes down to the House voting on it, Trump wins. Too many states that Biden may win will have Republican majorities in their congressional delegations.

They're not even close to leading in a single state.

I would have to look at the map that would require such a situation, but the point is to cost Biden enough electoral points to go to congress.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ANYONE can make an argument.......in Kennedy's case, his argument is just like the rest of the crap that spews from his mouth......delusional and stupid. The more you listen to this guy, the clearer it becomes that he's an absolute idiot.

Yeah, trying to appeal to literal traitors isn't going to siphon votes from Biden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"