The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Does this movie really deserve the hate it gets?

I agree with Spider-Fan. As someone who doesn't like TASM 2, I don't so much like IM 3, TDW or AOU. Even TA I have issues with. Along with Ragnarok.

Dane Dehaan is both sympathetic and menacing, and you really feel for him as he gets trapped by his fate.

To me he seemed pretty low-energy cliche, going through the motions, both in trying to be sympathetic and especially as a villain. Harry becoming the Goblin instead of Norman felt pretty change for its own sake and for the worse.

it has a great Spider-Man, a great cast, genuine emotion

I thought Peter breaking up with Gwen was forced/unbelievable and then made him then missing her and wishing they would be back together seem pretty anticlimactic.

fantastic and huge scale action scenes.

They were good but not particularly so especially considering the film's length.

Yes, still deserves the hate it gets.

I disagree.

OhvH.gif

If this was a Marvel Studios movie, fanboys would love it. It's that simple really.

It has too much plot, and an unwieldy structure, sure; it also has some misjudged comedy moments. But it has a great Spider-Man, a great cast, genuine emotion, a wonderful score, and fantastic and huge scale action scenes. Jamie Foxx is great a Electro if you overlook the goofy loser cliches he exhibits early on. Dane Dehaan is both sympathetic and menacing, and you really feel for him as he gets trapped by his fate.

In ten years or so, when the Marvel Studios fervour has died down, fanboys will re-evaluate the series and give Amazing 2 more credit.
Negative. This movie sucks and that has nothing to do with the MCU. I LOVED the original ASM. The sequel was a very poor followup. It was sad just how bad it was

Sadly, Homecoming doesn't get the hate it really deserves. But hey, at least TASM2 gets the hate it deserves! So (ONLY HALF OF) THE justice has been made! :cwink:

I think there's a lot of good things but there's a lot of bad things as well. It's very sporadic; juggling too many storylines and ideas. I love the stuff with Peter and Gwen, Aunt May and even briefly the stuff with Harry, but it's Electro that is dumb, campy and needed some work. I also really hate the Marton Csokas' character Dr. Kafka.

Here's an interesting early review, from when it was released, thinking it was better than the first film and yet tonally incoherent and still too calculated and also too much badly pandering to the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"