Iron Man Downey Jr as IronMan sweet

KAD

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think he's perfect for the role.

whats wrong with Downey Jr ?

Personally I think hes too old and not that good looking, but im a dude so I dont check out guys, a lot. He needs to get into shape though.

please God...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Darthphere said:
Personally I think hes too old and not that good looking, but im a dude so I dont check out guys, a lot. He needs to get into shape though.

Looks are relative.

He has played great eccentrics as well as great performances as a substance abuser.

He is a good actor in my opnion but i'm not sure he's right for Iron Man.

Its odd that Favreau and co. have chosen a star name in the lead after saying they were after an unknown actor. Studio pressure?Hmmm..

I'm stoked! Totally stoked! Robert Downey Jr is a flat-out fantastic actor, and he's hotter than a Texas sidewalk in August.

Plus, I'm not totally up-to-date with the Iron Man mythology, but isn't Tony Stark supposed to be a boozer? I could definitely see Robert Downey Jr as a sexy boozer.

C'mon you guys, this is JON FAVREAU - he made DAX SHEPARD look frickin' awesome in ZATHURA. He can pull this off, easy.

More to playing the part of a superhero than simply looking the part..Downey Jr can act very well,He'll do fine. A little make-up and a haircut and he'll look 10 years younger...just as long as he keeps leaving the coke alone.

Oh, God-I didn't know he was confirmed. Are they serious? He's a terrible choice. I have absolutely no hope for this movie now.

Chris Wallace said:
Oh, God-I didn't know he was confirmed. Are they serious? He's a terrible choice. I have absolutely no hope for this movie now.
Are you so easily disappointed? Have you not seen Chaplain? Or Good Night, and Good Luck? Or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang?

While all of those are great performances, im not doubting his acting ability. Tony Stark is a billionaire Playboy who has women thrown at him because of his money and good looks. While Robert Downey Jr. was the hot thing back in the 80's and such, the guy isnt looking that hot now. I think hes reasonably handsome man, but not exactly Tony Stark level hot.

AnimeJune said:
Are you so easily disappointed? Have you not seen Chaplain? Or Good Night, and Good Luck? Or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang?
No I actually haven't. But he hasn't impressed me in anything I have seen him in.

Darthphere said:
While all of those are great performances, im not doubting his acting ability. Tony Stark is a billionaire Playboy who has women thrown at him because of his money and good looks. While Robert Downey Jr. was the hot thing back in the 80's and such, the guy isnt looking that hot now. I think hes reasonably handsome man, but not exactly Tony Stark level hot.

I didn't know you we're a connoisseur of Fine Men :eek: Jk

I'm not sure about Robert Downey Jr for the role yet, but one thing I can say is that Stark's success with women was never about his looks, which, to be honest were never particularly special. I always thought it was his charm more than anything else that got him so many women. Yeah, charm and a ****load of money :D

Retroman said:
He is a good actor in my opnion but i'm not sure he's right for Iron Man.

Its odd that Favreau and co. have chosen a star name in the lead after saying they were after an unknown actor. Studio pressure?Hmmm..

Favs was also saying things that a lot of us took as Mandarin was not gonna happen and look where that went. It seems he likes to be one surprising mutha ****a.

Grim Goblin said:
I'm not sure about Robert Downey Jr for the role yet, but one thing I can say is that Stark's success with women was never about his looks, which, to be honest were never particularly special. I always thought it was his charm more than anything else that got him so many women. Yeah, charm and a ****load of money :D
I don't think Downey can pull off Stark's charm either.

Chris Wallace said:
No I actually haven't. But he hasn't impressed me in anything I have seen him in.
then give the guy a CHANCE!!!

you havent seen the guy at his best, everyone has done s**t films.

Grim Goblin said:

Yeah, most guys who don't realize this are the ones who think they can't get a lot of women because they aren't good-looking enough. I used to be in that boat. I'm a solid 6.5 (maybe a 7 - I have a realistic self-image but I always try to estimate conservatively!) and I'm 40 years old. I was better looking (I think) when I was younger but I think I'm in better shape now. I relied on looks to get women back then and I did alright. In the last few years though I've gotten tons more attention from women because somewhere along the way I learned how to talk to women, flirt with them and charm them. Looks wear thin very shortly if there isn't personality to back them up. But personality alone can go a long way. And anyone who thinks money doesn't talk where women are concerned need look no further than Flava Flav's reality tv show, cuz he sure ain't gettin by on his looks!

I know Downey may look a little hard-ridden, a characteristic that I think will serve him well as TS, but they'll smoothe out some of the lines and wrinkles with makeup and lighting and he'll be the perfect Stark IMO. it'll really help too if he gets into the gym and buffs up a bit. Hope Favreau's seein' to that!

Ummm Id agree, except Tony Stark is really good looking, always has been by the standards of the time periods in which he was depicted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"