Iron Man Downey Jr as IronMan sweet

Gideon2K1 said:
Here's who I think should play Iron Man:

johnny_depp.jpg

Johnny Depp has the look and the acting ability to pull it off perfectly.

Yes, and with the money his salary would suck from the budget, we'd get a 12" Hasbro Ironman doll hanging from a string for the action shots!

Chris Wallace said:
In every way.
Man, what HAPPENED in Civil War that's gotten everyone all mad? I've heard lots of people saying that Civil War has screwed the pooch, and I don't know why. I've never read the comics - what happens?

all HELL breaks loose
basically a team of new warriors fight nitro near a school and nitros explosion destroys the school and everybody in it .
the fallout of this ia a SUPERHUMAN REGISTRATION ACT [sometimes misidentified as the superHERO registration act] forcing all superheroes to work as SHIELD agents[think of the ultimate universe set up] the superheroes opposed to the SHRA are declared TERRORISTS and the mu's version of the war on terror is expanded to include the superheroes dispute
iron man leads the pro regs while captain america the anti regs
be warned many marvel heroes are written out of character in this storyline

Then there's Iron Man's part in it all. He is very pro-registration and, as anyone who opposes the Act or refuses to register is now branded a criminal-is leading the charge to apprehend them. He convinced Spider-Man not only to register, not only to help him battle his lifelong friends & allies, not only to don a red & gold armored costume & act like his freakin' sidekick, but to REVEAL HIS IDENTITY TO THE WORLD as a show of support for the Registration Act. (I won't speak any further on Spidey's unmasking or other idiotic behavior here in this thread.)
Now Spidey has learned that
Tony's stocks are going through the roof, largely due to the money he put into the prison which holds the non-regs/anti-regs. They are being imprisoned indefinitely, without trial or any other form of due process, & Tony's making money from it. Additionally, he created a mindless Thor clone to help his army & the damn thing went berserk & almost killed every non-reg hero. It did kill "Black" Goliath. All of this has caused Spider-Man to rethink his position, & almost immediately upon deciding to leave Stark's ranks, he finds himself attacked by Iron Man, which means he had to be monitoring him the whole time-which leads me to believe that this is the reason why he gave Peter the suit in the first place.

Eep. Sounds interesting, but slightly heretical. Creative idea, though.

That's what it boils down to. The negative sentiment centers mainly around the long-term implications. The Avengers can't ever be the same again. How can Cap & Iron Man ever trust each other? How can Spider-Man ever get back to a normal life? Rifts are being formed all around w/no feasible way of mending them.

It's a shame how there writing Iron Man right now, he and several Pro-registration hero's really aren't acting like themselves, Stark, Reed Richards and Hank Pym act like Nazi's, which makes me wonder if there being controlled by the Red Skull,hmmmm.

I have a buddy at work who proposed that the Skull was controlling them. And I still don't know who the hell is pulling Nitro's strings.

oops sorry guys when i answered why people were condemming shellhead in CIVIL WAR i didn't mean to take this thread off topic maybe we should get back on topic the iron man movie

We’ve come a looooooong way. Who knew this would be one of the most acclaimed superhero castings in history?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"