• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

E3 2009

Capcom has Resident evil: Darkside Chronicles and Capcom vs. Tatsunoko, as well as the FF games....but XIV is an MMO so it really doesn't count

I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking this, but why don't online games count?

as far as the Final Fantasy franchise, when people hear that name they associate it with these big sweeping epic RPGs....not an MMO that simply uses concepts from the universe

IMO they shouldn't be numbered like the regular games. the first one should have been Final Fantasy Online and this new one Final Fantasy Online 2 or something like that

as far as the Final Fantasy franchise, when people hear that name they associate it with these big sweeping epic RPGs....not an MMO that simply uses concepts from the universe

IMO they shouldn't be numbered like the regular games. the first one should have been Final Fantasy Online and this new one Final Fantasy Online 2 or something like that

Exactly, it's just stupid to consider it a sequel. They didn't call Final Fantasy Tactics Final Fantasy 8

When they announced FFXIV I was so happy.
Then I saw the trailer and it's back to old-school style and was on board.
The logo comes up.

Final Fantasy XIV.
10 seconds later
ONLINE.

I don't think I've ever been that mad at something in my life.

Exactly, it's just stupid to consider it a sequel. They didn't call Final Fantasy Tactics Final Fantasy 8

Well, to be fair, they certainly could have and no one could really say differently. It's not like there's a set continuity or anything they have to follow with the FF 'universe'

I agree. Final Fantasy XI should have been Final Fantasy Online and this should be Final Fantasy Online II. But I think Squeenix gets to decide what counts, and I'm in no position to argue with them.

Agreed completely

and as much as I like this whole futuristic concept they've been doing with FF, I do miss the fairy tale side of it....a lot of people didn't like FF IX, but I really enjoyed it...loved the whole black mage story in there

and as much as I like this whole futuristic concept they've been doing with FF, I do miss the fairy tale side of it....a lot of people didn't like FF IX, but I really enjoyed it...loved the whole black mage story in there

I love FF IX. I had no interest in playing it, I just did cause it was Final Fantasy, and I loved it from beginning to end. In fact I love the ending more than I do for any of the other ones

Me too. I kind of miss the fantasy stuff as well. IX is awesome and one of my favorites.

Wasn't XII more set along those lines?

Yeah, but a lot of people didn't like it apparantly. Personally I enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably the most "mature" Final Fantasy.

Yeah, I mean we just had a fantasy based FF, and even though apparently FFXI doesn't count, it was a fantasy setting as well. The main FF series hasn't seen a futuristic game in two installments

It's still slated to come out, they released a new trailer a few weeks back. Though for some reason it's MIA at E3. I've heard it was pretty behind schedule

I love FF IX. I had no interest in playing it, I just did cause it was Final Fantasy, and I loved it from beginning to end. In fact I love the ending more than I do for any of the other ones

Vivi.... :(

I actually really enjoyed FF IX. Zidane was a pretty cool character and hwo could you not love Vivi

Rocksteady writes its own damn stories, damn it. And they're extremely good at it, as Max Payne 1 and 2 can attest. :up:

Oh sorry Corp. didn't mean to offend....haha...it looks good, I will be purchasing it upon release

as stories go, Nico was the first GTA lead character that I really liked...he was a man who understood his role in the universe

Last edited:
Me, too. That demo at E3 looked great and, clearly, I'm a fan of the devs' previous work. This, Heavy Rain, and whatever Valve happens to be doing are the things I'm looking forward to more than anything else.

Well, there's not much to really discuss. There wasn't anything said about it outside of it's coming out, it's from Rockstar and it's suppose to be a PS3 exclusive. So, yeah, not a lot of convo potential there

I know I'm really slow on this, but I just realized...Alan Wake is on PC too isn't it? If so, then my worries about it being 360 exclusive are non existant since I can get it on PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"