E3 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to have some kind of marketing deal with Battlefront. Hopefully they're not banking on that being "their" big game this winter.

I want Injustice Gods Among Us 2 so bad but I doubt it..unless they just show a teaser that mostly reveals the logo and game announced to come out two years from now

Gears of War 4,Halo 5,Next Mass Effect and SW Battlefront is what I'm looking forward to the most and whatever MS has to announce

As far as Nintendo goes, I would hope we get solid dates or specific release months for Xenoblade, Fatal Frame, Devil's Third, Mario Maker, and Yoshi. Fingers crossed none of those get delayed. I'm expecting Twilight Princess HD, but I was expecting it for next year, but maybe they'll bump that up for this year.

Really wanting to see what Starfox is like. I've mentioned before that I have a feeling this probably isn't going to be a full blown AAA title like most are imagining, so it's going to nice to see if I'm right or wrong there.

Another thing we might see is Splatoon DLC. They've mentioned that post-launch DLC is planned. Not sure how planned it is at this point. If they're actually working on it now, even if the game flops I expect we'll at least get something. Of course, if it's just planned with no work done as now, it could well not come to be. We'll also see the official reveals of Roy and Ryu for Smash DLC.

While that Zelda delay tweet did say something about E3 showing 2015 games, I don't expect that was totally literal. I'm sure that, like last year, the main focus will be on 2015 titles, but I would be surprised if games like Fire Emblem If or SMT X FE don't get at least a trailer (I realize these are 2015 titles in JP, but still, everywhere else it'll be 2016).

I expect some surprises, too. Probably the one I'm expecting the most is Retro's Wii U game that they've mentioned. Whatever it was was said to be in development since a little before Tropical Freeze was finished, so probably about two years of development has gone into whatever they're working on. Now is the time for at least a trailer I would think. I also think Animal Crossing U is still possible to be a thing, seems weird to me that they've built so many assets for it via the Plaza app and Mario Kart to not use them.

Another Nintendo thing I expect may be there will be some of their mobile games. They're slated to come out this fall, and I figure they'll want to put a lot of exposure on them. E3 really isn't the place for it, and I know they (nor anyone else) want a repeat of E3 2008, so I don't think they'll put a huge amount of focus on them, but it won't surprise if the have something of their mobile stuff there.

Hoping for some 3DS stuff. Outside Puzzles and Dragons, I don't think there's anything on the horizon for 2015. The only other thing I know of is that Nintendo is localizing those Yo-Kai Watch games now, so I assume at least one of them will hit this year, but I don't think anything has been said about a timeframe.

Last edited:
As far as third parties go:

You know, it's weird, I honestly don't have a lot I'm interested coming out this year.

-Metal Gear Solid V, of course, but at this point I'm already sold on the game, so I probably won't even pay much attention to anything that may be shown.

-I tell you something I will pay attention to, and that's mother****ing Rising 2 if it gets announced. Do it, Konami, it's time. [blackout]Rule of Nature[/blackout]

-I expect we'll see the reveal of Resident Evil 7. Revelations 2 has me pretty hyped about it since it was so good. Apparently, they've said the mainline games will be more experimental than the spinoffs, but eh, I still like RE6 fine (probably one of the most underrated games of last gen to me personally), so I'm up for whatever they want to bring to the table. I also wouldn't be too surprised if we see Resident Evil Zero HD get announced, though I'm less excited on that one. I mean, it's a solid game and all, but not one I care too godawful much to revisit.

-Also with Capcom, with DmC Definitive Edition and DMC4: Special Edition, I feel like there almost has to be something DMC related. I'm also afraid to get my hopes up for a reveal of DMC5 (or even DmC2), but the signs seem to be on the wall for that.

-With Square actually having a conference, it makes me hopeful we'll actually see both FFXV and KHIII there in some capacity. I won't dare fly close to the sun and think actual dates, but something. FFXII HD, can I maybe have now, too? Nah, probably hoping for too much and getting FFXIII trilogy remastered or something. Which I don't hate those games by any means (another game that gets **** on way more than it deserves), but not one I care too much about it either.

-It's technically not third party, but I want to see and know more about Scalebound, stuff like...what is it? And other stuff like...when can I have it?

About it, I guess. Strangely, not really interested in a huge amount non-Nintendo this year.

My predictions:

-Valve makes a surprise visit and announces Half-Life 3 release date
-The Last Guardian gets a release date
-Shenmue 3 gets a release date

:oldrazz:

My predictions:

[YT]vAUOPHqx5Gs[/YT]

My predictions:

You forgot that Capcom is going to un-cancel Mega Man Legends 3 and Nintendo is going to give everyone a free Wii U.

Also, Skies of Arcadia HD. On every platform.

Oh and Goldeneye on the Wii U virtual console. For free.

I want to see these:

-new Dino Crisis
-new Syphon Filter
-MediEvil 3
-Resident Evil 2 remake
-Splinter Cell 7

My wish list is some sort of 3DS Zelda.

A port of either Sunshine or Galaxy for the New 3DS.

Fallout 4.

And something about the next Red Dead (is Rockstar going to be there? I know a lot of companies have something going on).

Oh and KOTOR 3, or some sort of spiritual successor to Rogue Squadron.

KOTOR 3 would be quite the surprise, but I don't think they're working on it. Montreal is busy with ME:N and Edmonton I think that is handling the new IP, Austin is probably busy with DAI's content.

My wish list is some sort of 3DS Zelda.

A port of either Sunshine or Galaxy for the New 3DS.

Fallout 4.

And something about the next Red Dead (is Rockstar going to be there? I know a lot of companies have something going on).

Oh and KOTOR 3, or some sort of spiritual successor to Rogue Squadron.

Rockstar doesn't go to E3, no.

Another first for E3. This year the PC will have its own press conference run by PC Gamer.

Presenters will include Blizzard, Bohemia, Cliffy B, Cloud Imperium, Dean Hall, Devolver, Humble Bundle, Heart Machine, Paradox, Square Enix, and Tripwire.

I will update the OP with schedule information.

If it's Battletoads (and it probably is)... it's a dull surprise.

I hope to see Banjo or Perfect Dark.

The latter is a pipe dream, but Spencer was talking about Banjo not too long ago.

Most, if not all, of the people who made Rare what it was are long gone from the company. The Rare of today has spent the last several years making ****** Kinect games and clothing for Xbox Avatars. I wouldn't be so quick to hope that they're working on these classic games.

Even if only for their own sake, I would much rather they create a new IP. I'm sure they won't though.

There are still some people. Not a lot, but enough to – with new blood – make a good game.

And it being a followup, would hopefully give them some incentive to make it worthy of its predecessors.

Perfect Dark Zero wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. And they made that with 25 people.

Nuts and Bolts had the makings of a good game. Maybe not a good Banjo game, but it had potential.

People who don't want the game held back by old-ass hardware.

Why does that suck? More people can enjoy the game, the game stands to make more money...who loses in that situation?

I think the general idea is that it being crossgen "holds back" these games, because Tony Hawk was always known as being a technical powerhouse on the cutting edge of technology and wasn't traditionally a crossgen title whenever new hardware was around or anything.

Why does that suck? More people can enjoy the game, the game stands to make more money...who loses in that situation?

Because ps3 is 9 years old and xbox 360 is 10 years old. Last gen was like 2 years longer then normal. We are now on year 2 of this gen but with last gen being 2 years longer then normal its kind of lie we are on year 4 of this gen. Because of that we don't need games to be made on old systems any more.

People who don't want the game held back by old-ass hardware.

Yep

Seriously? PS3 and 360 only owners that have yet to upgrade need to be left in the dust by now. If you're still holding out its your problem. Tired of games being held back by old tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"