E3 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? PS3 and 360 only owners that have yet to upgrade need to be left in the dust by now. If you're still holding out its your problem. Tired of games being held back by old tech.

Yes all most 10 years for xbox 360 and 9 for ps3 that is long enough. That would be like getting games on ps2 and ps3 by the year 2009 and like getting xbox games on xbox 360 by the year 2010. How many people where really buying games on ps2 still by 2009 and for xbox in 2010? Not many you cant make games on old systems for ever.

It's.

A.

Tony Hawk.

Game.

?

I don't know why you say that. Even yearly sports games are supported for old systems for a while yeah but at some point they stop and even the last sever years on the older system they are normally just roster updates.

Yes all most 10 years for xbox 360 and 9 for ps3 that is long enough. That would be like getting games on ps2 and ps3 by the year 2009 and like getting xbox games on xbox 360 by the year 2010. How many people where really buying games on ps2 still by 2009 and for xbox in 2010? Not many you cant make games on old systems for ever.

Probably about the same amount that were buying PS1 games when Pro Skater 4 came out for it in 2003.

I don't know why you say that. Even yearly sports games are supported for old systems for a while yeah but at some point they stop and even the last sever years on the older system they are normally just roster updates.

Sport games are notorious for being crossgen as long as possible...

Probably about the same amount that were buying PS1 games when Pro Skater 4 came out for it in 2003.

While tony hawk 4 is the best game is the franchise but I just don't like hearing that it is cross gen because its been like 10 years sinces a tony hawk game was good and it being a cross gen game could be a bad sing that we are going to have to maybe want even longer for a good tony hawk game again.

While tony hawk 4 is the best game is the franchise but I just don't like hearing that it is cross gen because its been like 10 years sinces a tony hawk game was good and it being a cross gen game could be a bad sing that we are going to have to maybe want even longer for a good tony hawk game again.

Tony Hawk has been crossgen in some form more than not. The last game, Proving Grounds, was released in 2007 and got a PS2 version for instance. At this point, it would almost be more surprising if a Tony Hawk announcement wasn't crossgen.

Tony Hawk has been crossgen in some form more than not. The last game, Proving Grounds, was released in 2007 and got a PS2 version for instance. At this point, it would almost be more surprising if a Tony Hawk announcement wasn't crossgen.

While proven ground that was when ps2 was 7 years old where ps3 is 9 years older so even proven ground came out on a system that is 2 years less old then this one.

Yeah and some people fell like mlb the show is being held back by that as mlb 15 was on both ps3 and ps4.

That doesn't matter. You were using sports titles as an example of games moving away from crossgen, which was ass backwards since sports games are the ones that stay crossgen for extended periods. Hell, I think Fifa had a PS2 version up until like 2009.

While proven ground that was when ps2 was 7 years old where ps3 is 9 years older so even proven ground came out on a system that is 2 years less old then this one.

Well now, we're just splitting goddamn hairs.

That doesn't matter. You were using sports titles as an example of games moving away from crossgen, which was ass backwards since sports games are the ones that stay crossgen for extended periods. Hell, I think Fifa had a PS2 version up until like 2009.

Well now, we're just splitting goddamn hairs.

I was just saying that yes sports titles stay crossgen for the longest but 9 year old hardware is still pretty hold so I think it would be better to not be cross gen.

abandon_thread.gif
abandon_thread.gif]

lol
Any way I am sure we will hear more at E3 about tony hawk 5. What do you think we will see hear about the game at E3? With it being tony hawk pro skater again and not some other game like under ground or something dose that mean that we are going to go back to goals like score so many points collect skate ect?

How held back could it honestly be? I mean, it's a skateboarding game. You scoot around on a wooden board and go up and down ramps. I really can't imagine the difference is going to be all that vast. The current gen one will have better graphics than the last gen version...it's not like they have to sacrifice some sort of advanced AI program to accommodate the last-gen consoles.

Games made specifically for modern hardware are going to look significantly better than games made for ten year old hardware. That's kind of all that needs to be said.

It doesn't matter though, because it probably won't be any good.

Games made specifically for modern hardware are going to look significantly better than games made for ten year old hardware. That's kind of all that needs to be said.

It doesn't matter though, because it probably won't be any good.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense.

And I agree, if the game sucks no one will care how shiny it is.

That point doesn't matter all that much unless the game in question is going to actually going to utilize the modern hardware to some large degree, or when the franchise in question has generally been crossgen to begin with.

That point doesn't matter all that much unless the game in question is going to actually going to utilize the modern hardware to some large degree

That seems like a "self fulfilling prophecy" kind of situation.

In all seriousness the last time I played a THPS game was.... 2.

I think.

Which one had Darth Maul? I know I had the first but I think that had Spider-Man, right?

I think.

Which one had Darth Maul? I know I had the first but I think that had Spider-Man, right?
Spidey was in 2. Maul was in THPS3.
The fourth one had Jango Fett and he was awesome.

I think.

I thin you left to early as tony hawk 4 was the best and tony hawk 3 was great to and they where good though wasteland but still that was like 2005 so it has been like 10 years sinces a tony hawk game was good hope that can change.

Also no Zelda and nothing beyond 2015. It makes you wonder what exactly they will have.

This is creeping up on us. Really looking forward to it this year. A lot of my favourites are guaranteed to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"