• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

E3 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's Halo 5. Then Halo 5. Followed by Halo 5. And to cap it all off Halo 5.

Gears 4 should be quite a big reveal. The Ultimate Edition will be interesting and great for fans and those who haven't played it but it isn't going to be a huge deal to most. I wonder what the timing of 4 and Ultimate Edition might be, like how far apart. I'd rather get Ultimate Edition as soon as possible to get practised on the multiplayer ahead of the big new next gen game.

Details of MS E3 plans via Major Nelson:

Today, we announced the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing will take place Monday, June 15, beginning at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT. You can watch the live stream of the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing on Xbox.com, via the Xbox Live Events Player, on Xbox One or Xbox 360 consoles and on Windows Phone globally. You can also watch the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing during “Xbox: Game On” on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT.

I’m happy to report we’re also bringing back Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3 – our live show that covers everything Xbox happening at E3.

Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3

Who: Hosted by me and Graeme Boyd, Xbox Live’s Acey Bongos. Includes guest stars and industry elites, including Head of Xbox Phil Spencer and guests from 343 Industries, Turn 10 Studios, Crystal Dynamics, and others.

What: A one hour show featuring breaking news, exclusive announcements, trailer reveals, game demos, and interviews with game creators.

When: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 7p ET/4p PT – 8p ET/5p PT.

Where: The show will be streamed live on Xbox One, Xbox.com both on your desktop and mobile, and Xbox 360. Each show will also have interactive experiences created just for fans watching live on Xbox One.

And finally, if you’re in the LA-area, we have something even bigger for you – Xbox FanFest: E3 2015.

Xbox FanFest: E3 2015

Xbox will give 500 lucky fans a one-of-a-kind ticket for E3 week, the gaming industry’s biggest showcase. The Xbox FanFest Ticket will include:

- Entry into the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing on Monday, June 15th, 9:30 am PT, at the Galen Center in downtown Los Angeles.
- Invite to the exclusive Xbox FanFest Party, Monday afternoon, June 15th, where fans will get to play the best exclusives and biggest blockbuster games this holiday and beyond.
- VIP access to the Xbox eSports Celebrity Challenge Tuesday night.
- Meet-and-greet with some of the industry’s top developers, leaders and influencers.
- Even more surprise events during the week.

When is Xbox FanFest?
Sunday, June 14th through Thursday, June 18th.

Where Do I Get Tickets?
Exact time and place to be announced soon

How Many Tickets Will Be Available?
500 tickets

What Are the Details?
Tickets will be first-come, first-serve.

You must be 21+ years of age.
You must have an Xbox Live gamertag.
One ticket; one person – tickets are non-transferable and cannot be resold.
You’ll have to fill out a liability waiver form.

Okay, I’m in! What do I need to do?
Be 21+ years of age.
Be in LA the weekend before E3.
Get ready to see the greatest games lineup in Xbox history.

Head on over to the Xbox E3 Online Experience for complete information, as well as the Xbox FanFest: E3 201 rules and regulations. And stay tuned to Xbox Wire for all the latest updates and news on E3!

Yes, it's Halo 5. Then Halo 5. Followed by Halo 5. And to cap it all off Halo 5.

Which will be miles better than Sony's...

DID YOU SEE WE HAVE INDY GAMES! LOOK AT ALL OUR INDY GAMES! SEE THESE COOL SUPER NINTENDO LIKE GRAPHICS?! IT'S AWESOME BECAUSE IT'S INNNNDDDDDDYYYYY!

Oh and here's the Uncharted Trilogy!

INDY GAMES!

Well, to be fair, at least some of those indie games will be as good, if not better, than Halo 5.

camb.gif

Nah, only No Man's Sky

[blackout]So it can be hyped up even longer and disappoint even harder[/blackout]

Nah, only No Man's Sky

[blackout]So it can be hyped up even longer and disappoint even harder[/blackout]

NMS legit scares... It's being hyped SO much that I can only assume that it's gonna end up a turd.

The minute they said that the possibilities were so endless that even they, the developers, have no idea what will happen and it would take billions of hours to see everything, they doomed the project. Even if it's good, it won't live up to what that picture painted.

What is odd about NMS, is that there almost seems to be no point. People seem to be getting hyped over something that doesn't really exist.

Yeah I saw people saying "what Destiny should have been!" And I'm just like we have NO idea what this game is going to be yet in and of itself.. Probably shouldn't be saying this is what another game should have been...

Just read that the Division was delayed to "sometime in 2016." Any interest I had in that game is more or less gone now..

Not to be hyperbolic, and certainly not to act like game delays would be the sole cause, but I have a pretty strong feeling that another video game crash is going to happen soon-ish. At least in the AAA space. If you want to look at the mid-tier developers and publishers you could argue that it's been in happening in slow motion for years now already.

The minute they said that the possibilities were so endless that even they, the developers, have no idea what will happen and it would take billions of hours to see everything, they doomed the project. Even if it's good, it won't live up to what that picture painted.

That makes it sound worse to me than I expected. The more scope there is beyond what is realistically possible for me to explore the less focused the part that I will be able to play will be. I don't want to feel like a planet has been designed by a random number (feature) generator even if it has.

Not to be hyperbolic, and certainly not to act like game delays would be the sole cause, but I have a pretty strong feeling that another video game crash is going to happen soon-ish. At least in the AAA space. If you want to look at the mid-tier developers and publishers you could argue that it's been in happening in slow motion for years now already.

Yeah, been thinking the same, especially with the way this generation has been so far. Not sure if I'm thinking a financial crash, but it seems like there's a lot less development overall so far.

That makes it sound worse to me than I expected. The more scope there is beyond what is realistically possible for me to explore the less focused the part that I will be able to play will be. I don't want to feel like a planet has been designed by a random number (feature) generator even if it has.

Same.

Not the way consoles sell. Not with the yearly games.

The current industry needs an intervention. This trend of games broken on release needs to end. No more day one patches, no more day one / on disc DLC. The annual-ization needs to stop.

Microsoft had to actually tell the press that Halo 5 would not be broken. I have been gaming for 20+ years, and I have never heard of a major company having to reassure people that a game would no be broken, much less a best selling one.

Reviewers now have to give games "provisional reviews", which is just insane.

I don't care if they have to reassure as long as games really are shipped unbroken and day 1 patches doesn't bother me as long as it patches all the most important things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"