Endgame Endgame User Review Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Hulk in Ragnarok fighting the giant wolf which doesnt go anywhere? And Hulk getting owned by Thanos. Not very great depictions of his potential
And yet... They happened.

And, also Hulk defeated Fenris so... How does that not "go anywhere"? What does that even mean?

And yet... They happened.

And, also Hulk defeated Fenris so... How does that not "go anywhere"? What does that even mean?

Also, Thanos had the power stone, which makes him infinitely stronger than he already is. If he and Hulk could have gone toe-to-toe beforehand, which they could, then Thanos+power stone= Owned Hulk. They've shown a normal person with the power stone KO Red Hulk with one punch in the comics. So, Thanos could easily do better.
Just sayin'.

Ans yeah, Hulk beat down Fenris pretty hard.

Did thanos use the power stone vs hulk in IW? i thought he was just using his base strength to beat up Hulk for his own enjoyment and ego

I really don't know what most critics are thinking, this movie is so-so.
The time travel aspect is convoluted, ridiculous and a cop out.
3/10
bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf2122976517b75fb9725a7a2f.jpg

Did thanos use the power stone vs hulk in IW? i thought he was just using his base strength to beat up Hulk for his own enjoyment and ego

Yes, he did not use the power stone against Hulk. In the movie it is not an automatic strength boost, the stone has to be "activated" and when it is there's a visual effect. Thanos vs Hulk was just normal Thanos

I just rewatched the Hulk vs Thanos fight. No purple glare, not even a glimmer. He didn't use the Power Stone, he just used his own might and skill. So, unless you really want the story to go "No, you really can defeat Thanos by just throwing one dude who does one thing at him again". . .

Basically, it is not the end of the world for there to be problems the Hulk cannot beat by punching. To put it bluntly... the Hulk is not and never has been the most powerful character in the setting. There are numerous people throughout Marvel Comics who are enormously more powerful. "Hulk Strongest There Is" is a marketing slogan, not an accurate descriptor of in-setting fact.

Saw it a 2nd time and enjoyed it more, but not in the way I was expecting. I enjoyed the first 2 acts more, and actually liked the final battle a little less. Overall though as I said enjoyed it more 2nd time. Still hate the lack of Vision, and still hugely disappointed in Hulk’s role, not all huge fan of Thor’s either. But the likes of Iron Man , Cap, Hawkeye and Ant Man have really strong showings, so fans of this characters must be happy. The Easter eggs are in the main a joy also, and the ending is still very effective.

Despite enjoying it more though, it doesn’t change my rating and cements the fact that Endgame is not the best MCU movie for me, not even sure it makes top 5 at this point.

Hulk in Ragnarok fighting the giant wolf which doesnt go anywhere? And Hulk getting owned by Thanos. Not very great depictions of his potential

Of his potential?

It gets annoying at times how so many Hulk fans feel like he should never be beaten. I still remember all the complaining about his fight with Thor in Ragnarok.

They did indeed, which matches the comics where Thanos doesn't need a stone to beat Hulk there.
People always forget that Hulk is the strongest, but he has to get increasingly angry to get there. Thor is as strong baseline as Hulk is, but, as the fight persists, Hulk gets stronger and stronger. Look at the Hulk buster fight. IM is handling himself pretty well, then Hulk starts tearing him apart like paper. It's only after Iron Man brings own an entire building on top of him that the spell is broken, he's no longer as angry, and Hulkbuster, no longer holding back, KO's him. However, when he was mad raging, he was unstoppable. Hulk fought Thanos, and, when he didn't immediately win, he panicked, and didn't get angry, he got scared. That is why he lost.

Angry Hulk= Unstoppable rage beast.
Scared Hulk= the Child Bruce Banner is inside, who just wants to run and hide.

Pretty simple. Are people still torn up about that Thanos beat-down from over a year ago? Sheesh. Also, for those wishing Hulk would have gotten some retribution in Endgame, let us not forget what happens when smart Hulk loses out to rage. He turns to Banner with Savage Hulk's brain. So, he's weak and dumb.

Man, any of you guys remember DACman? He had an entire thread dedicated to arguing how Hulk could beat everyone.

just got to see it at last. I gave it A 6 TO 7 Rating. Surprised how little action there was in it. And when it came it was nothing exciting to make you go wow. Some of the drama was good. And a couple of touching scenes. Overall
it was a good movie, but not a great one.

. . .I have a very hard time understanding the claim that a movie whose middle act is non-stop time travel antics, and whose entire third act is one giant battle, has "little action". This is one of those cases where "opinion" starts looking like "very questionable fact".

. . .I have a very hard time understanding the claim that a movie whose middle act is non-stop time travel antics, and whose entire third act is one giant battle, has "little action". This is one of those cases where "opinion" starts looking like "very questionable fact".
Because people want an action sequence every 10 minutes like Infinity War had.

After two weeks and letting it marinate I finally got to see it again. The first time I saw it so much of it overwhelmed me that I couldnt really grade it. I knew the film was great and I had an amazing time but there was so much to take in, both good and...questionable. Now after my second viewing I give this a 9.5/10. The movie is an unquestionable astounding achievement and undeniably satisfying.

The only thing preventing the perfect score is a gripe I’ve had with most MCU films: the ill placed humor and comedy bits. Some comedic bits took me out of the moment and just plain went on too long (that whole 45 second bit with Hulk taking pictures with the kids could've been a quick 5 second humorous moment). And there were other moments where I was like “okay, was that joke/quip/ad-lib really necessary?” But, hey, thats just me, I prefer my cbm movies to have more chased humor like Winter Soldier and Black Panther.

Other than that, the movie is just a fantastic payoff to a 10 year build up. I dont know how any other cbm going forward will beat that third act on a pure epic, over the top, comic booky scale. Time will tell, though.

9.5/10

Last edited:
I am tired and it is hard to formulate my take on this spoiler free, but this may be my new favorite Marvel film.

It’s going to take a lot to dethrone Batman Begins and The Dark Knight as my overall #1, though. We will see how it holds up in subsequent viewings. Still, an amazing love letter to the 11 year history of the MCU.
Leapfrogged TDK and TWS for me

Yeah I agree. MOS, BVS, and TLJ were much much worse polarization, and I don't even see the responses between EG and TLJ as comparable.

I would compare the response to EG to more like Return of the Jedi or TKDR in which the measure is, is it good or is it great.
MOS and BVS are on their own level.

Things I was disappointed with. The treatment of Thor. He has become a joke character. The hulk. I'm old fashioned. The hulk should be kicking ass. Not being this half and half character. Working out theories . Be Bruce Banner for that. The action really was nothing to shout about. The battle at the end of the 1st avengers movie was much more satisfying and better. Spiderman/ Peter parker was annoying. And just not that funny. Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed it. And I have only see it once. I am just abit surprised by so much high ratings for this movie. It's a solid 7 for me.

Things I was disappointed with. The treatment of Thor. He has become a joke character. The hulk. I'm old fashioned. The hulk should be kicking ass. Not being this half and half character. Working out theories . Be Bruce Banner for that. The action really was nothing to shout about. The battle at the end of the 1st avengers movie was much more satisfying and better. Spiderman/ Peter parker was annoying. And just not that funny. Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed it. And I have only see it once. I am just abit surprised by so much high ratings for this movie. It's a solid 7 for me.

After Age of Ultron, Civil War, IW and Endgame the first Avengers film is near the bottom of my list when ranking those specific movies to be honest. Other than "That's my secret Cap, I'm always angry" into face punching that giant flying monster, the tracking shot and Hulk smashing Loki, the overall action wasn't as hardcore as what they brought later.

I still love it and remember how fun it was being blown away watching it in the theater but even the movie structure wasn't as good as what came after. Once that fanboy excitement of seeing these Marvel characters on screen together wore off it wasn't as great anymore. I think I might place it above Civil War but definitely not IW and Endgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"