Hawkeye Episodes 1 and 2 (Spoiler Discussion)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Let's
eWgBPtz.gif

Flippin'
XLbimru.gif

Do
HWOwZAG.gif

This!
u5uf0qN.gif

Episode 1 thoughts:

- What gets more play, Order 66 or the Battle of New York? :hehe:

- Still, very effective. Kate seeing that exactly moment felt obvious, but worked really well.

- Excellent title sequence.

- Mom is totally Madame Masque.

- Clint's PTSD made that horrid musical worth it.

- Thanos WAs Right. *Looks arounds* Yes he was.

- The suit. :ilv:

- Gary is a terrible boss.

- I love the idea of collecting wreckage from the Avengers destroyed compound. That's proper world building. Also a clever way to get Kate that outfit.

- Kate's already a better fighter then Clint.

- Pizza Dog! :atp:

- Amazing how Endgame's footage still looks TV quality.

- "Who the hell are you?" That's Hawkeye, bro.

Last edited:
Tony Dalton could tell me that water is wet and my reaction would still be "**** you, what game are you playing?!" He's like untrustworthiness personified.

It was a good two episodes, but Steinfeld is carrying this so far. She's incredible.

Episode 2:

- Very white. :hehe:

- Definitely has a branding issue. But also, Jeremy Renner.

- Kate Bishop. Drip Queen.

- I don't know why he's complaining about the armor. I saw what he wore in the Avengers.

- Grills thinks being a superhero is killing someone. Good job Kevin and Zack.

- "He didn't drink the potion". :funny:

- Why did she ditch the pants? They were so stylish.

= I just saw Clint's Hawkeye suit for the show. Wow, that's bad. :funny:

Last edited:
Tony Dalton could tell me that water is wet and my reaction would still be "**** you, what game are you playing?!" He's like untrustworthiness personified.

It was a good two episodes, but Steinfeld is carrying this so far. She's incredible.
God, yes she is. She's going to carry Renner's short legs to the moon! :o

Seriously, though. I am very happy this feels like her starring vehicle. Clint's fine, I guess. But every moment she's on screen, is 10x more intriguing and well, just awesome.

I had a mini panic attack thinking I'd totally spaced on making a forum for this. Bless Several Months Ago Me. She was so young, so wise, so forward-thinking.

Really appreciating how Kate-focused this first episode is. I assumed Vera Farmiga was playing Madame Masque as soon as I saw her in the trailer, so I was a bit surprised she was playing Kate's mom....then went right back to assuming she's Madame Masque. :funny:

Had no idea Tony Dalton was in this show. A delightful surprise!

I had a mini panic attack thinking I'd totally spaced on making a forum for this. Bless Several Months Ago Me. She was so young, so wise, so forward-thinking.

Really appreciating how Kate-focused this first episode is. I assumed Vera Farmiga was playing Madame Masque as soon as I saw her in the trailer, so I was a bit surprised she was playing Kate's mom....then went right back to assuming she's Madame Masque. :funny:

Had no idea Tony Dalton was in this show. A a delightful surprise!

lypy5CF.gif

Things just start going sideways whenever he shows up.

Intro was great and love the credits. Fraction's run is easily in my top favorite this decade, so this was my most hyped series.

Pains me to say this this is not hitting right. Lacks in both the style of Directing and Writing. Editing and pacing felt like they were green lighting early cuts. That first fight with Kate and her later flip on the street while saving Pizza dog was way below Marvel's quality. I don't get it.

Steinfield is doing what she can but poor Clint. He almost has seemed like an after thought in his own series? I was really expecting at least a balanced story.

Really hope things pick up with Echo showing up and other Directors stepping in. This was really disappointing for me so far. Hope other Hawkeye fans are enjoying it more.

Intro was great and love the credits. Fraction's run is easily in my top favorite this decade, so this was my most hyped series.

Pains me to say this this is not hitting right. Lacks in both the style of Directing and Writing. Editing and pacing feels like they were green lighting early cuts. That first fight with Kate and her later flip on the street while saving Pizza dog was way below Marvel's quality. I don't get it.

Steinfield is doing what she can but poor Clint. He almost has seemed like an after thought in his own series? I was really expecting at least a balanced story.

Really hope things pick up with Echo showing up and other Directors stepping in. This was really disappointing for me so far. Hope other Hawkeye fans are enjoying it more.
The show is called Hawkeye. Why do you assume it's about Hawkeye and not Hawkeye?

I liked the premiere enough that it's making me want to play the Kate Bishop DLC from Avengers, and I hate that ****ing game.
When they did that free weekend thing, I downloaded it really just to play through that. That game is uh... well...

Could be better. Could be better.

When they did that free weekend thing, I downloaded it really just to play through that. That game is uh... well...

Could be better. Could be better.

I heard the Black Panther DLC was a big improvement, but I just couldn't bring myself to go back to it. Just so many robots. Constantly punching robots.

I liked the premiere enough that it's making me want to play the Kate Bishop DLC from Avengers, and I hate that ****ing game.
While you are at it, you can download the Spider-Man DLC, that contains no actual story missions. Which is truly the most honest they have ever been with that game. :o

I heard the Black Panther DLC was a big improvement, but I just couldn't bring myself to go back to it. Just so many robots. Constantly punching robots.
Black Panther himself is a lot of fun. But overall, it's a lot of the same.

The show is called Hawkeye. Why do you assume it's about Hawkeye and not Hawkeye?

At least Kate shines in moments.

Want to like this, just very surprised at the lack of fun punchy action, comedic timing or style. I'll try and blame it on the source being too good..until next week.

Episode 2:

- Very white. :hehe:

- Definitely has a branding issue. But also, Jeremy Renner.

- Kate Bishop. Drip Queen.

- I don't know why he's complaining about the armor. I saw what he wore in the Avengers.

- Grills thinks being a superhero is killing someone. Good job Kevin and Zack.

- "He didn't drink the potion". :funny:

- Why did she ditch the pants? They were so stylish.

= I just saw Clint's Hawkeye suit for the show. Wow, that's bad. :funny:
Love The LARP Stuff.
Pretty Good, So Far.

I enjoyed the first two episodes. Renner is playing the world-weary veteran perfectly, while Steinfeld is endearing as the eager young rookie.

I’m wondering if Kate’s friend “Greer” will eventually turn out to be a reimagining of Greer Grant-Nelson, aka Tigra. “Greer” isn’t exactly the most common name for a character that age.

So NGL, I wanted this to be more Fraction-y than it is. I mean yes, I know Renner has never really embodied Fraction's Hawkeye at all in his previous MCU appearances, but with Matt Fraction on this as a consulting producer, I started getting my hopes up. Sure, they've included major elements from his run (Pizza Dog! Tracksuit Mafia! Bro!) but they really needed to push the style/tone more if they wanted to truly capture its essence, imo. As it is, this feels as generically Marvel as ever to me, even though Clint is a bit more likable here than I've found him previously.

One thing I feel the show is doing absolutely right is Kate Bishop, which, since she's such a major part of it, means I will certainly continue to watch and enjoy it, generic MCU-ness and all...as long as they keep on doing that one thing right. Steinfeld so far is carrying this thing on her back, and I'm very much looking forward to her future in the MCU.

So far this has a promising start, Hailey Steinfeld is totally Kate Bishop, she embodies the character from the Matt fraction run. I love how Clint is trying to just have a good time with his family and then he gets rope into a conflict of interest due to his past as the Ronin .

Jeremy Renner is playing this up with style and charisma. Can't wait to see more... good start.

So far it's mostly just the Hawkeyes on their own without a very direct threat (the Tracksuits aren't really threatening). Hopefully once we have some more direct conflict with Echo, Kazimierz, Yelena and possibly Kingpin in the mix plus reveals about the true agendas of Eleanor and Jack Duquesne things will ramp up a bit.

only reason i'm watching is for Haylee and she didn't dissappoint
how did dude from the cosplay thing get the suit in the first place? must of missed that
pizza dog:wowe:

I was pretty bored watching the 2 hour series premiere, especially the first episode. I just watched Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings today and Black Widow last week, so I can't help to make comparisons especially the pacing. I wish the pacing of this was much faster.

I didn't eXpect this to be mostly a Kate Bishop show than Clint... that intro was very telling.

We know Kate wasn't snapped, I guess. The show takes place about 2 years after endgame so she's 22 years old in 2025. In the 2012 flashback she seemed to be around 9 years old, right?

how did dude from the cosplay thing get the suit in the first place? must of missed that
He was a firefighter dispatched to put out the fire at Kate's apartment and took it from there because he had been looking for a new larp outfit. So basically he's a thief.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"