Official Wolverine And The X-men, Episode 5, "Thieves Gambit" Discussion Thread

Yeah, he sounded like he was trying to be jamaican. It just didn't fit. I hope they get a different voice actor for season 2 or Lamarr just needs to do a different voice.

About Gambit not being hot. Gambit actually was never supposed to be hot. Granted nowadays he's become sex on legs but originally he was supposed to be an average looking guy who uses his silver tongue and charm to manipulate people.
THANK YOU, exactly.

One thing that really bugged me in this ep was Gambit climbing the ladder and jumping across to land rolling on the rooftop like a chump while Wolverine was already standing there. I realize they're kind of "one-upping" each other here but what the hell? Gambit's supposed to be one of the most agile X-Men, nearly on par with Kurt & Hank. He has to be to dodge his explosions. A few other things were off, animation-wise such as Magma turning back into Amara looking like a cheesy fade effect and Gambit tracing a circle on that rooftop being out of synch.

Anyway, regarding his "hotness", I wouldn't say he's ugly at all. He's certainly not a classical cartoon pretty boy like his Evo counterpart with the silly haircut, he's just not very stylized.

Look at Wolverine. Skinny legs, massive arms & chest and a sharp, angular face.
xmencg8.jpg

Now look at Gambit. Anatomically correct proportions and a detailed face that harken back to the style of X-Men & sPider-Man TAS.
xmenye2.jpg

xmenrb9.jpg

Realistically sPeaking, WATXM's Gambit is a very handsome man. We're just not used to as many lines detailing facial feature's these days because animators learned that...
A) lines look like wrinkles
B) they make it more work to animate

That jump on the rooftop aslo bugged me a little. It was like the writers said to each other: "We can't have that Gambit guy be as competent as Wolverine. This is Wolverine's show". Gambit is way more stealthy, sneaky and agile.

Wow! I live in Canada so I saw the episode earlier I think. I thought I was the only one that was bothered by the roof-jumping scene. If anyone were rolling around ungracefully it would be Wolverine. Gambit's a master thief for crying out loud!

Last edited:
Anyone knows what Wolverine screams to Gambit at almost the end of the episode when the Prowler is attacking Wolverine?

WOLVERINE: ***** that thing!
GAMBIT: No problem. Just give me the collar.

Also, there's one more line I don't hear:

WOLVERINE: So now what? Air ducts?
GAMBIT: Only in world of cinema. In real life they never *****.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"