European PS3 Launch Pushed Back (March 2007)

YouBannedThat:( said:
While you are annoying at times, it wasn't you last time, it was the financial aid office screwing me out of thousands of dollars because they're incompetent and took weeks to file something I gave them, even though I was told that it was filed right away, which sorta kinda ruined my day. Topdawg and that danalys guy are far and away worse than you.

Sweet....I guess, I have a question what makes me annoying other than Resistance? Cause I just need to know. Trust me when Resistance comes out you won't....actually if its amazing I don't think you guys will hear the end of it:( I can't promise anything.

Sorry to hear about your finances being screwed over DRT:( Good luck with that.:up:

The $600 is better on paper, but if all you want is something to play PS3 games on, then the $500 is the better value. It's what you want with less needless fluff.

Yeah but you don't get like the HDMI or most of that crap, aren't you getting screwed on the power of the PS3 if you go 500?

The problem is the 500 one does not have any Memory Card Slots. How does that help with PS1 & PS2 games ?

^Okay so you are saying go with the $500 buck model, but then you don't get memory stick, secure digital, compact flash or Wi-FI. Is all of that not worth it? I'm sorry i'm like technologically imparied:(

TrailerCues said:
The problem is the 500 one does not have any Memory Card Slots. How does that help with PS1 & PS2 games ?

If you can transfer files between a PS2 (with inserted memory card) and PSP usinga USB cable, I don't know why they wouldn't let you transfer files between your PS2 and PS3. :confused:

I dunno, I'm sure its not just something that they're going to forget about.

Thanks DTR you've been a big help, I don't have an HDTV so I guess theres no point really in getting a HD PS3, but does the 500 come with HD like the 600 one?

So DRT would you just go with the 500 dollar one? Because personally I don't have an HD t.v. I don't have a whole lot and a hard drive...do you think 20GB is enough?

^Dude you rock, thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me, well if i'm going to get the 500 dollar version then I have 400 bucks to blow on games! Yes...my list

Resistance:Fall of Man!;)
Call of Duty 3
Heavenly Sword

and thats probable it.

You know, you have enough money left over for a 360 if you don't buy any of those games. It comes with geometry wars :o

Hahahahahaha yeah I don't think my parents will let me blow money on two consoles:( They said the PS3 is my last game console because they think its just getting stupid how much they are costing now.

Nice..if there's one company's attitude I hate its Sony's. Please let there be a god a let Sony take it up the a$$ with this one:)

THE LIZARD#1 said:
Hahahahahaha yeah I don't think my parents will let me blow money on two consoles:( They said the PS3 is my last game console because they think its just getting stupid how much they are costing now.

Seriously dude, it's not ****ing worth it. Wait until the thing drops in price, for crying out loud. Get a Wii or a 360. I mean, the Wii is about the same price (cheaper?) than the PSP!! Don't be a chump.

NO console is worth 500.

What Sony is doing reminds me of what Nintendo did with the Nintendo 64 years back. The N64 was supposed to come out in 1996 worldwide, with a June 96 release in Japan and a Sept release in the US. But when Nintendo were questioned about a 1996 release for Europe, they said 'late fall 96'. Did it happen? No.
The N64 was launched in Europe on March 1st 1997, with a price drop 2 months later. :dry:

Here's some more info regarding the PS3 launch:

Next-Gen.biz said:
Speaking to analysts late last week, the firm added some flesh to the bones of its recent announcements. The split between premium (60GB) and core (20GB) units at U.S. retail stores should be roughly 80/20. Sony believes it can ramp monthly PS3 production to 1.2 million units by January due to anticipated improvements in blu-ray laser supplies.

Sony had originally intended to ship four million PS3s by the end of the calendar year.

The firm says a further 1.2 million units will be available in Japan following the initial launch-day arrival of 100K units. Analysts believe Sony will have managed a run-rate of 14 million units for 2007.

Details of the PS3 online network were discussed in broad terms, with, as expected, plans for basic community features such as video, audio and text chat, gamer rankings, as well as limited content downloads such as casual games and game updates as well s non-games downloads such as full music and video, user-generated content, and Internet browsing. SCEA indicated that full downloads of console games will not be practical in the near term due to storage and bandwidth constraints.
Source: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3785&Itemid=2

So taking this into account, we should see the following available at launch here in NA:

$500 PS3 - 80,000 units
$600 PS3 - 320,000 units

So for all the people who are hoping to get the "cheap" $500 PS3 at launch...gooooood luck! Heck, good luck getting one at all.

Interesting to note, Sony said they'll have 2mil PS3's available by years-end, right? Well how the heck are they going to be able to make 1.5mil systems in 1 month, if they can only make 0.5mil in the 3 months leading up to the launch? And even if they DO, and if this article is to be believed, apparently the 1.2mil systems coming between Launch and New Year's are all going to Japan.

Hmm....

imdaly said:
Interesting to note, Sony said they'll have 2mil PS3's available by years-end, right? Well how the heck are they going to be able to make 1.5mil systems in 1 month, if they can only make 0.5mil in the 3 months leading up to the launch? And even if they DO, and if this article is to be believed, apparently the 1.2mil systems coming between Launch and New Year's are all going to Japan.

Hmm....

Not only that but they've also ass****ed blu-ray by scavenging the lasers from players for PS3's so you'll be buying a system reliant on a format that will be delayed by a good few months giving HD-DVD all the headstart it'll need to become the standard format. Sony are done. end of story...all hail microsoft :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"