Fallout Video Game Series Thread: Discussion about Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas

I need to upgrade my graphics card. Otherwise I'd have Fo3 and NV installed with the mod to travel back and forth. :p

I need to upgrade my graphics card. Otherwise I'd have Fo3 and NV installed with the mod to travel back and forth.

I have that mod! it's awesome! but...still very glitchy.

Ain't nothing like traveling the capital wasteland with Cass and Veronica...or take Sydney and Clover to the Mojave!

got it in late 2005. It's just an off the shelf HP thing. Even when it was new, it wasn't exactly a powerhouse.

Ah...i see! that's too bad.You can also run it if you got a good laptop...

I prefer Fallout 3 over NV, but NV did a much better job with the characters. Followers are interesting as opposed to the relatively one dimensional NPC's who tag along with you in FO3.

I haven't played the NV DLC, not sure I ever will. With that in mind, Broken Steel was probably my favorite. It extended the game and let you do a whole mess of awesome stuff, plus it added a great deal of side things to the world at large. Point Lookout was also very good, a new land mass is always welcome. The Pitt had the best atmosphere for my money, I thought the Capital Wasteland was a depressing place but by the time I returned from The Pitt I was happy to see it.

So Fallout 4 should be on Bethesda's mind right about now. Any chance it's already in development?

I prefer Fallout 3 over NV, but NV did a much better job with the characters. Followers are interesting as opposed to the relatively one dimensional NPC's who tag along with you in FO3.

I haven't played the NV DLC, not sure I ever will. With that in mind, Broken Steel was probably my favorite. It extended the game and let you do a whole mess of awesome stuff, plus it added a great deal of side things to the world at large. Point Lookout was also very good, a new land mass is always welcome. The Pitt had the best atmosphere for my money, I thought the Capital Wasteland was a depressing place but by the time I returned from The Pitt I was happy to see it.

The NV DLC is pretty fun. Dead Money has a survival horror feel to it as they strip you of your weapons, items and armour, drop you into an area where sections of the air will kill you and have near unkillable monsters running around you have to dismember to stop. On the plus side if you do the DLC right you can have infinite stimpaks, certain bullets, and other things.

DM and Old World Blues are my favorites.

So Fallout 4 should be on Bethesda's mind right about now. Any chance it's already in development?

I think Beth is still preoccupied with Skyrim for now. But it wouldn't surprise me if they already starting to lay the groundworks for FO4.

I think it would be summer next year or maybe later before we'll hear anything FO4 related.

I think Beth is still preoccupied with Skyrim for now. But it wouldn't surprise me if they already starting to lay the groundworks for FO4.

I think it would be summer next year or maybe later before we'll hear anything FO4 related.
Maybe their first next gen title? That would be exciting.

Man...it's kinda funny that, me, being a huge comic fan, being more hyped for Skyrim, Me 3 and soon FO4 than CBM like The Avengers,TASM or TDKR...

Bethesda have probably had rough concepts laying around the office for FO4 since FO3. At this stage they probably have one or two people fiddling with early ideas, but as Hoss mentioned, they won't put any real focus on it until Skyrim's wrapped up.

You guys inspired me to put the Fallout 3 disc in! I have now officially started my FO3 completion although I am still playing a few other games around it.

Do you have any of the DLC? Broken steel, point lookout, ect.?

Bethesda have probably had rough concepts laying around the office for FO4 since FO3. At this stage they probably have one or two people fiddling with early ideas, but as Hoss mentioned, they won't put any real focus on it until Skyrim's wrapped up.
Would love to see those rough concepts!

Do you have any of the DLC? Broken steel, point lookout, ect.?
Yeah, got them all & WILL finish them all :yay:

I have yet to play Fallout 3. :( But I love Fallout New Vegas! Just don't have any DLC for it yet. I bought it a couple months before the Ultimate Edition was released. :dry: I love the universe and still have yet to beat it, its one of those games that just get me to play for hours and hours when I meant to play it for a short time. I plan on doing everything I possibly can before beating the game.

Just a heads up if you have broken steel installed. GET DOGMEAT. Awesome companion. Glitch in game makes him nigh unkillable with a higher target ratio for enemies than you. Perfect for just starting out. He's in the junkyard and you can get him straight out of the vault.

This wiki should help in case there's any major issues.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout_3

Edit : Just some info on the nigh unkillable part. The glitch makes his health go up by about 10X yours every level. So by level 30 you might have 300-400 health, Dogmeat will have over 20,000. Get him around level 3 and he'll have roughly 800 or so.

Last edited:
That glitch also affect RL and fawkes...makes them pretty much invincible.

You guys inspired me to put the Fallout 3 disc in! I have now officially started my FO3 completion although I am still playing a few other games around it.

Do it!

And Skyrim would probably wrapped up sometimes late next year. I'm guessing Beth would drop hints about FO4 around that time.

Just a heads up if you have broken steel installed. GET DOGMEAT. Awesome companion. Glitch in game makes him nigh unkillable with a higher target ratio for enemies than you. Perfect for just starting out. He's in the junkyard and you can get him straight out of the vault.

This wiki should help in case there's any major issues.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout_3

Edit : Just some info on the nigh unkillable part. The glitch makes his health go up by about 10X yours every level. So by level 30 you might have 300-400 health, Dogmeat will have over 20,000. Get him around level 3 and he'll have roughly 800 or so.
Wow, that could come in useful!

Do it!

And Skyrim would probably wrapped up sometimes late next year. I'm guessing Beth would drop hints about FO4 around that time.
I was planning on doing all the Assassin's Creeds after Mass Effect (early on in 2 at the moment (fully completed 1)) but I might switch out Fallout 3 & NV as it's fun to talk about it with others as you're going through it. Especially people who know all about it.

I was planning on doing all the Assassin's Creeds after Mass Effect (early on in 2 at the moment (fully completed 1)) but I might switch out Fallout 3 & NV as it's fun to talk about it with others as you're going through it. Especially people who know all about it.

I'm still playing ME3, as i'm completely obsessed with the game at this moment...heh

But you know me, i LOVE talking about ALL beth games, so anytime you got a question, comments or complaints...i'm here!

Iceman - Just some helpful bits as you are fresh into Fallout 3.

For the Fo3 companions you can get most of them have a karma alignment for them to follow you. If you aren't what they want you to be they won't follow you in the first place. Evil, Neutral, Good, Dogmeat loves you just the way you are. :p

Stay away from the Northeast top of the map unless you feel suicidal. There is a place that is known as a Deathclaw sanctuary. There is a very good reason they are known as deathclaws.

Disarm the bomb in Megaton and you'll have a house/base of operations. It doesn't take much experience to do so.

Just basic stuff that I found out the hard way my first time. Especially the deathclaws...

If you need any help on anything, just post and I'm sure one of us will answer or check the wiki.

I'm still playing ME3, as i'm completely obsessed with the game at this moment...heh

But you know me, i LOVE talking about ALL beth games, so anytime you got a question, comments or complaints...i'm here!
I can't believe how good ME2 is never mind 3. I have a legal obligation to finish this series completely as soon as possible but I've now started Fallout andthis will be the very next series I finish. :word:

Lot more fun when you have people to talk about it with as you progress. Unfortunately can't really do that too much with Mass Effect (apart from with XBox friends) due to spoilers.

Iceman - Just some helpful bits as you are fresh into Fallout 3.

For the Fo3 companions you can get most of them have a karma alignment for them to follow you. If you aren't what they want you to be they won't follow you in the first place. Evil, Neutral, Good, Dogmeat loves you just the way you are. :p

Stay away from the Northeast top of the map unless you feel suicidal. There is a place that is known as a Deathclaw sanctuary. There is a very good reason they are known as deathclaws.

Disarm the bomb in Megaton and you'll have a house/base of operations. It doesn't take much experience to do so.

Just basic stuff that I found out the hard way my first time. Especially the deathclaws...

If you need any help on anything, just post and I'm sure one of us will answer or check the wiki.
This is great stuff mate! Thanks a lot. :up:

Slightly on topic: When I first played Fallout 3 it was my first major open-world RPG and I was terrified of going into the city. I knew from the NPC's regular chatter that it was full of Supermutants and I steered well clear. By the time I finally plucked up the courage to go on, I was a high enough level and skilled enough at combat that Supermutants weren't a huge threat.

That started a common theme, now whenever I start a similar game (Skyrim, New Vegas) I tend to wander off in an arbitrary direction and get to the main quest later. It can definitely lead to some overwhelming situations for a low level character, and it's kind of learning the hard way -but when you fight your first big villain in the main story (like a dragon, for example) they tend to go down a whole lot easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"